• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Musky's Mojo (flog)

What da heck... why not?

And what better way to start a flog than smokin' somethin'?

I ran across some chicken thighs on sale for $0.77/lb, and it was a nice day, so I decided to do it up. 10 plump thighs came to 4 bucks even. Not bad!

Here they are all rubbed up with a sweet and spicy concoction and ready to go...

My trusty old smoker doin' it's thang...

Halfway through the smoke, and startin' to look good...

Annnndd.... done!

It came out super juicy and dee-licious..

Where are the side dishes you ask?

Side dishes? SIDE dishes??? WE DON'T NEEEED NO STINKIN' SIDE DISHES!!!

Fanger lickin' good!

:beer:

I bought some chicken legs with big plans of deep frying and saucing them like wings, but that didn't happen. The smoked thighs were so good I decided to smoke the legs too. I guess I just didn't get my fill of smoked chicken.

Marinated and rubbed

Smoked low and slow until not quite fully cooked

Basted in the leftover marinade, and onto the grill to finish up

Oh

Yeah

Baby

Now that I got that out of my system, I'll do something different next time.

I promise.

With all these sliders being posted lately, I figured I'd get in on the action too.

Chipotle peppers in adobo and real mayo getting ready to take a spin in the food bot.

Burgers and onions in the CI, and buns toasting in the non-stick.

Here's the finished product. Sliders with muenster cheese, fried onion, and chipotle mayo.

And the money shot.

It's snowing here today so I think chili will be next. We'll see...

musk, those look fantastic.  mkaes me want to go all warrior and shiz.

679396034026229572.gif

I'm not much of a sandwich or burger fan, but I'd scarf one of those down in a flash. Ok, really I'd scarf down half then eat everything out of the middle of the rest. That's just how I roll. 

So….. did you share, or were all four of those your lunch?  :lol:

geeme said:

So….. did you share, or were all four of those your lunch?  :lol:

All four of them was my lunch. What's so funny about that?

;)

edit: For the record, I did only have a salad for dinner.

After seeing the pic Buzz posted yesterday of his homemade pickled eggs, I started craving them and decided to make a batch.

These are 7 Pot pickled eggs with onions, garlic, and spices. From left to right: 7 Pot Primo, 7 Pot Yellow, and 7 Pot Douglah.

They were easy to make, but the hard part will be waiting a couple weeks to eat them. I hope they're hot!

I had a "quick pickle method" joke typed up, but I haven't had quite enough to drink yet to hit the "post" button.

That's probably for the best... :drunk:

Anywho... I'm not quite sure what the "quick pickle method" is, and this is my first time making pickled eggs. This is a trial run. I can tell you what I did though. I brought 1 part water and 1 part vinegar to a boil, poured it over the eggs and such, and put in fridge. It was a pretty generic recipe I found and added a few things. It said to wait 8-10 days before eating, but I'm guessing a little longer is better. I've heard eggs don't take up flavor as readily or fast as most other things like veggies.

That recipe is solid MM.
1:1 water and vinegar and add your choice of spices for the brine. It takes quite a bit of peppers to get the heat up on the eggs. Looks like you have about the right amount for my taste.
There is no way a "quick pickle" would work on eggs as they are way too dense.
Try em with some beets!

Get yer mind outta da gutter!!!!  :rolleyes:

Quick pickle is basically 1 tablespoon of lime juice to 1 teaspoon of sugar, plus seasonings as you like, per about 3/4 cups of thinly-sliced veggies. This is clearly not a storable recipe - it's meant for small batches of stuff to be eaten in a short period of time. It can be refrigerated for a couple days. This may be the same thing as what SoFlo calls "picklease", but then that kind of sounds like some sort of laxative to me...

I know. I'm a slacker, and haven't kept up with this thread.

It's been a busy summer, and I've been out of town quite a bit. I'm back now though, and I plan to post more food from here on out.

I just got back from fishing in Canada, so first up is a simple and delicious walleye shore lunch from last week.

Taters and onions...

These walleyes were swimming in Lake of the Woods about an hour before they hit the pan.

This is one of my favorite meals ever.

Mmmmmmmmmmm!

Next up will be some ribs. They're in the smoker right now so I'll post some pics later tonight.

:cheers:

Back