• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

My first chilli pepper growing experience

tuta6uma.jpg

ynu2amam.jpg

Bird Charapita- first pods emerging...

Sorry about my photography skills or lack of... First pods of Brazilian Pumpkin also emerging...

Preparing Chilli oil

Apache & Acapulco harvest today, its like this every couple of days!!

Hey everyone, hope the weeknd was good for everyone (I know its Tuesday, but I had an extended one;))

Another 'Wild' update as these have really kicked into gear, I m so excited for these..

First off is the Charapita, literally hundreds of little balls of excitement...

Brazilian Pumpkin, what a beautiful plant, with leaves the size of my hand and beautiful looking fruits

Had dinner at a friends last night and was gifted these beauties, wow first time ever trying them,

3 Naga Morich, Chocolate Habanero
Havent tasted the Naga Morich yet but the Choc. Hab is honestly one of the most unique and addictive flavours I have ever tasted, really good. Unfortunately they just have the one plant and could onky spare one fruit (honestly who could blame them, too good to share)

And finally some Bee pollination this morning of the Cherry Tomato plant, poor quality photo from my tablet...

...had such potential for a great shot , I feel I have left you guys down.

Thanks for reading thus far, have a great day/night :)

Few more photo s for your viewing pleasure, honestly not much happening...

This was supposed to grow to about 50-60cm, it is now at 114cm, and stands so elegantly, Brazilian Pumpkin

These taste fantastic but I have been waiting over a month for them to ripen to red??? Indiano

It s been raining cats and dogs for almost a week now, no chance of anything ripening up, what a disaster!! Summer where have you gone?!

rory said:
It s been raining cats and dogs for almost a week now, no chance of anything ripening up, what a disaster!! Summer where have you gone?!

I feel your pain, Rory. My pepps are so small this year! Hopefully we get a long warm fall.

A little update as the sunshine breaks through the clouds....

APACHE

mystery SORRENTO

INDIANO-First almost ripe chilli

CHARAPITAs yellowing up nicely

Terrible upshot of BRAZILIAN PUMPKIN

Enjoy your day!!

Nice plants, pods, and pasta dish !

I'm getting loaded with the Charapita chili's myself......problem is there's too many larger pods to pick. I keep looking at the Charapita's and thinking one of these days...ha
I'll probably dry most for powder and pickle the green ones at the end of the season.

The jar with the chili's looks cool !.....what type of oil is that ?

Nice plants, pods, and pasta dish !

I'm getting loaded with the Charapita chili's myself......problem is there's too many larger pods to pick. I keep looking at the Charapita's and thinking one of these days...ha
I'll probably dry most for powder and pickle the green ones at the end of the season.

The jar with the chili's looks cool !.....what type of oil is that ?

Thank you ! The pasta was delicious, one for yhe missus too who doesnt like too much heat.

Lol @Charapitas I m exactly the same, " Ya I ll get them another day"
How do you plan to use them once you finally get around to picking them?
Beautiful plants!

I have literally not done a thing, it s Mother Nature doing her thing, working her magic. The addiction has well and truly begun and I am already planning next year....:) Hook, Line and sinker!!

....and a kilo of Brazilian Pumpkin, which in all honesty was so much easier, took me all of 5 mins to harvest 2 plants :)

Right, my other comment obviously didnt post...long story short:

1 Aji Charapita plant, the smaller of the two, yielded 250g.
Took all of 50mins to complete!! Not joking!!

I have been putting off the other plant so long now that they are beginning to fall off themselves! ! Yaaay :) joking.

As for photo s I have them, but I am locked out of my photobucket a/c for about a week now, a case of I cant remember my password and them not sending me an email to change it???

UPDATE:

One and a half Charapita s harvested.

Time taken: 1hr 45mins

Pain in the Ass Scale (1-10) : 10

Quantity: 420g

Each pod weighs approximately 0.2g

Yep, about 2000 pods..

I' m having a drink.

Back