• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

My first pepper growing season

the habanero white are still 0/4. All the other seeds are 6/6 now :)

Numex Big Jim
NBJ-04.jpg

from the first sowing round

Peito de Moca
PM-02.jpg

Your plants are looking great Vincent congrats! Good luck on the contest too.

I had no idea you were that Vincent but when you said BrianS got you involved that tipped me off. Then you start showing off some inverts and that confirmed it. You and I have done a bit of business in the past too.

Have you started talking with your neighbors about growing a pepper or ten on their balconies yet? I've got a few of my neighbors volunteering to babysit some of mine. Who knew growing peppers would lead to a friendlier neighborhood. The power of the pepper never ceases to amaze me.

groeatrepeat said:
What type of lights are those? They don't look like normal fluorescents. Are they T5?

yes they are cheap T5 lights. There are 2 lights now but I will add 2 more soon. At the moment I have 2x 21 Watt, 6500 K, 1660 Lumen blue lights. I also have 21 Watt, 2100 K, 1660 Lumen Red lights. So far they work fine replacing the absent sun :)

I can see why that's your favorite - she's gorgeous!

That explosive ember would make a pretty bonsai some day too.

the first buds :)

The first plants have buds. I will remove them as the plants are way to small I think. They are in 1 liter pots and on average 20cm (about 8 inch).

Explosive Ember
EE-04.jpg

Marbles (this one is only 4 inches tall)
Mar-01.jpg

Numex Big Jim
NBJ-08.jpg

Numex Twilight
NT-05.jpg

continued..

Pretty Purple Pepper (also a very small plant)
PPP-01.jpg

I also have a huge difference in size between plants I have under T5 lights and plants that are in the window-still

Royal Black under lights
RB-04.jpg

Royal Black in window-still
RB-05.jpg

My other hobby is going great as well
tsimonsi-03copy.jpg

Vincent your plants are looking great! Too bad the artificial light is doing a better job then the sun. I take it you guys are like the UK and don't see it that often? Afraid I don't know anything about The Netherlands weather.

Scorps are looking good too man, dig the babies hitching a ride. No fear of the other adults doing a little munching? Do T. simonsi make good moms?

Good luck with everything including the contest. When is the judging on that?

BrianS said:
LOL! We have been trading "bugs" for 3 or 4 years now and yes they will survive the trip across the pond if you pack them correctly ;)

You tellin us your in to arachnids? Or just these critters? I like Black Emperor Scorps but the "Hots" do not need to come near my house.

Kevin

patrick said:
Vincent your plants are looking great! Too bad the artificial light is doing a better job then the sun. I take it you guys are like the UK and don't see it that often? Afraid I don't know anything about The Netherlands weather.

Scorps are looking good too man, dig the babies hitching a ride. No fear of the other adults doing a little munching? Do T. simonsi make good moms?

Good luck with everything including the contest. When is the judging on that?

Most years our summers are just wet. Lots of rain and not a lot of sun. The years we do have great summers it gets really hot and sunny. Hoping this year we will have a good summer.

Contest is about the longest pepper and ends 31 of august.

Tityus simonsi are great moms. They are really communal. Adults and young just live together. All these scorplings will be for sale when they leave their mother in about 10 days.

klorentz said:
You tellin us your in to arachnids? Or just these critters? I like Black Emperor Scorps but the "Hots" do not need to come near my house.

Kevin

I mostly have scorpions but I also like spiders, centipedes, assassin bugs and other invertebrates (beetles, phasmids, roaches).

groeatrepeat said:
Was the first batch of plants sown on January 1st like the date on your first post says?

No the first batch sown on january 1st did not go very well. Lots of leave problems (I have a thread about it here) and only a few are still doing ok. These were all sown on February 15th

PepperLover said:
intresting pic

Back