• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

My obsession with heat and food...JoynersHotPeppers

I have been a long time lurker and finally joined. I figured I'd start posting some of the things I cook or make with the peppers I grow.

First up

This is a Thai Cucumber salad I make with a rare Japanese cucumber I grow, peppers and cilantro are mine as well. I'll take better pictures with the next batch. I have enough stuff right now to do about 10 more 32oz jars.

cuc_salad.jpg

A picture of the cucumber plants

541785_10150944949638509_72500591_n.jpg

Twins, both rubbed down with 2 different rubs and contain my 15 pepper blend.

8093_3338277140124_449139475_n.jpg

Lobster roll with previous nights lobster leftovers. Contains one of my pepper blends.

538278_435214439845621_1632465977_n.jpg

Homemade lump crab cakes with black bean corn salsa I threw together. Cake have my tri-thai blend and 15 blend in the salsa.

600754_10150900125868509_666058156_n.jpg

Sausage and Peppers, Joyner style.

528814_10150986691463509_805277936_n.jpg

Well that hot sauce, while it tastes great, isn't hot, but I don't know how much powder you used. I heard that guy makes good powders.

My ghost powder won the battle, used it in the APF with sea salt and cracked pepper. I cannot believe we have used a 1 oz jar in 10 days, I need an intervention...call A&E.

Holy crap Chris, that is about 35 ghost peppers in 10 days! bet your back side hurt.

All of your dishes look very appetizing. That thai salad looks very refreshing. Any chance of you
posting that recipe? I have a japanese cucumber 'Suyu Long', that would be good for that.

Cherish that prototype black label -it's the last bottle in existence until I manufacture!
:(

(Yes, I'm jealous)

And if I'm ever in your neck of the woods, I'm *not* gonna ask if you know any good restaurants - I'm just gonna park in your kitchen. I just read through this topic & man - epic.

Wow, you just ruined my dinner! I read this entire thread after a late night at work, before going to the kitchen and realizing my options are basically limited to hot dogs or mac n cheese. Bummer.

Any more details on the recipe for your drunken mussels? I was planning on doing some mussels this weekend and that looks seriously delicious.

ps. those beers will kick your ass!

Wow, you just ruined my dinner! I read this entire thread after a late night at work, before going to the kitchen and realizing my options are basically limited to hot dogs or mac n cheese. Bummer.

Any more details on the recipe for your drunken mussels? I was planning on doing some mussels this weekend and that looks seriously delicious.
Easy, get your favorite white wine and pour 1/2 of it into a 6qt dish, stick of butter, 1/4 cup of chives and 4 cloves of crushed garlic...TBS of your favorite hot powder. Turn on high and cook until mussels start to open then, turn off heat and cover, eat how ever you wish.

I did the same with clams and the exact recipe is on my site.

http://www.heatmadesimple.com/cooking/tri-thai-recipies.html

Back