• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

My Shameful Addiction

No problem with Fast food..

Crispy chicken burger at Burger King is nice. No heat at all but the chicken is good!!

Sorry I missed this thread, Omri, but how can they say that chilis are leavened?

P.S. McDonalds sucks as much ass as Domino's Pizza.

Philipperv said:
Sorry I missed this thread, Omri, but how can they say that chilis are leavened?

P.S. McDonalds sucks as much ass as Domino's Pizza.
I seriously have no idea. maybe it was stored with bread? dunno. anyways, it's all gone. I HOPE THE FUMES BURNED THEIR EYES!!!

I missed this thread, too! I like fast food once in awhile...mostly McDonalds (just their breakfasts & the filet o' fish), Wendy's (nuggets, fries, & a frosty for me, please), & once in a blue moon Long John Silvers. I try to avoid Taco Bell because it seems like I've always gotten sick after eating there. And I don't miss it as much since I started making my own tacos & burritos :).

Armadillo said:
So you get osteoarthrosis by workout, can't dial 911 in an outdoor emergency, miss the health advice shows and the storm warning on TV, get overwhelmed by asian flu... It's sooo dangerous to live healthy....:lol:

How did i miss that comment, that is F#$kin gold delivered in a Diamond box!!:P

when i was in high school there was a mcdonalds about three blocks away and almost every day a couple of us would walk down and i'd always get 'supersized' (back before that movie...) fries... i weighed 96 pounds, people who didn't know i ran 10 miles a day were usually very confused. i think i just grew out of it tho, i barely touch the stuff now (except road trips, something about long car rides makes me crave junk food) the fries don't taste the same anymore anyways.
um, maybe when you rehydrate dried peppers they plump up a bit? does that count?

You know what's really bad? I don't even LIKE fast food yet I still eat it about once a month when I find myself without lunch and starving and no time... there was a time when I was really good and I hadn't eaten fast food in nearly 5 years. Destroyed that the past year :(

Doner's and chinese food don't count as fast food do they? Cuz I like those...

Leavened? I totally don't get it. Unless there's another definition of the word other than dough rising. And even if for some strange reason there is yeast/baking soda/powder/etc. who cares? As long as they taste good I don't see the problem.

Thanatopsis said:
Leavened? I totally don't get it. Unless there's another definition of the word other than dough rising. And even if for some strange reason there is yeast/baking soda/powder/etc. who cares? As long as they taste good I don't see the problem.
lol! It's a religion-related thang...

Around here in this little town the fast food joints we have here are chip stands where burgers are still made with ground beef,the fries are home made and the poutines are overwhelmed with fresh curds.For a town of 5000 ish peeps theres almost a chipstand per block..Still pretty nasty for the body if not eaten in moderation but alot better than any burger king or McD's
I think the last actual fast food joint I ate at was Harveys and that was 6 months ago when I was last in Cornwall..I like my burgers to have actual meat in them.I dont get it you can make a poutine at home but it never turns out half as yummy as a chipstand

Long John's is my favorite fast food and I hit it maybe four times a year. Occasionally I'll do Taco Bell. Last few times I had McD's and B. King I thought I had food poisoning so I don't do them anymore. I do miss the taste of a double QP with cheese. I miss it a lot..

Omri said:
I HOPE THE FUMES BURNED THEIR EYES!!!

I was gonna say...wouldn't that put quite a bit of nasties into the air?!

I was cookin some tofu up once with a looot of chopped peppers of different types, habanero and jalepenos included, and it kind of got into the air quite a bit and it started making my gf cough, and it kind of burned.

I can't even imagine THAT many of those being burned! :fireball:

This is a sad day for the pepper world....:mope:

and I have to throw this in..
:drunk:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatopsis

Originally Posted by Omri

It's certainly not a logic thing. I had many arguments with my parents when growing up. There would be Brownie mixes on the store shelves that were approved for Passover and yet required baking and would rise while baking, and yet, I couldn't eat a rice krispies or cornflakes?! I'm ashamed to admit it in public, but several years ago I decided not to play that game any more.

origamiRN said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatopsis

Originally Posted by Omri

It's certainly not a logic thing. I had many arguments with my parents when growing up. There would be Brownie mixes on the store shelves that were approved for Passover and yet required baking and would rise while baking, and yet, I couldn't eat a rice krispies or cornflakes?! I'm ashamed to admit it in public, but several years ago I decided not to play that game any more.
1. it has many variables to it. a bit more complex than the modern meaning. in Hebrew for example there's a special word just for that purpose, so people won't get confused.

2. different people follow different interpretations. some are more strict than others.

3. each person should do what feels right for him/her. if you don't actually believe in what you're doing, it must be frustrating.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I think the last actual fast food joint I ate at was Harveys and that was 6 months ago when I was last in Cornwall..I like my burgers to have actual meat in them.

I believe Harvey's burger actually have a lot of soy in them but they do have an angus burger now, although it could be mixed with soy too

Edit:I guess the angus burger does contain soy: "ALLERGY WARNING: Contains Sesame, Milk and Milk Products, Soy, Wheat and Gluten Sources"

POTAWIE said:
I believe Harvey's burger actually have a lot of soy in them but they do have an angus burger now, although it could be mixed with soy too

Edit:I guess the angus burger does contain soy: "ALLERGY WARNING: Contains Sesame, Milk and Milk Products, Soy, Wheat and Gluten Sources"

Nooooooo damn that was like the only fast food joints I really liked I hope the local heart attack wagons are all meat lol

My favorite chip-wagon used to make the best Bacon-cheese angus burger but the new owner stopped using angus beef and thick bacon:( Now I'd rather just make my own

i only eat fast food when im very drunk and thats not often anymore. now im trying to eat helthy cuz i dont want to be too fat. still i cant resist grilled food and a beer once in a while.

serrano said:
i only eat fast food when im very drunk and thats not often anymore. now im trying to eat helthy cuz i dont want to be too fat. still i cant resist grilled food and a beer once in a while.
So you don't drink or eat? FAIL

Back