"New" hotsauce explorer from Sweden has arrived to the boards!

munchzilla said:
I'm from Luleå in the northern part of Sweden

Cool. My mom is a native. She grew up in Söderhamn and currently lives in Stockholm.

Do you know where I can get a good deal on on fresh lingons shipped to Florida?
I am dying to make a habanero sauce with lingons. Whenever I visit Sweden I always have pancakes for breakfast rolled up with my mom's lingon sauce. YUMMY!!!
Unfortunately, mom is elderly and pretty much homebound these days so she is unable to shop for me.
Please help me find a deal on a large bucket of fresh Swedish lingons.

When I google search "lingon" it says, "Did you mean: Klingons"
roflmfao.gif

StoneySauce said:
Do you know where I can get a good deal on on fresh lingons shipped to Florida?

You might find frozen lingons or at least lingonsylt (jam/sauce) at IKEA if there is one anywhere close to you. Or you could order jam from here: http://swedensbest.com/ (It seems like a serious business but don't take my word for it)

Note that the lingonsylt you buy is a lot sweeter than homemade. I guess sugar is cheaper than lingonberries if you don't pick your own.

MrArboc said:
You might find frozen lingons or at least lingonsylt (jam/sauce) at IKEA

They just opened a giant IKEA superstore here in Orlando but they don't carry any foods, or at least their website doesn't list them. Maybe because they're seasonal. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
I don't want to use jam for my hot sauce. I think the only way to get it right is to use fresh whole lingons.

For anyone who doesn't know, in the States people call them lingonberries. They are similar to cranberries but SOOO much better. Once you try them you will never settle for cranberries again.

StoneySauce said:
They just opened a giant IKEA superstore here in Orlando but they don't carry any foods, or at least their website doesn't list them. Maybe because they're seasonal. I'll give them a call tomorrow.
I don't want to use jam for my hot sauce. I think the only way to get it right is to use fresh whole lingons.

For anyone who doesn't know, in the States people call them lingonberries. They are similar to cranberries but SOOO much better. Once you try them you will never settle for cranberries again.

Every IKEA i've ever been to always had lingonberries on the menu at the cafes upstairs....maybe ask and see if they can tell you where theyre getting them from

Back