• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking New to smoking 2

Today, for the old mans bday going to try to make some RIBS!!!, so gave thes 3 racks a trim, made up a dry rub, DIY shaker (thanks mum) haha, and we are set.

SDC12240.JPG

SDC12241.JPG

Hails to the yeahs!
The perfect meal!
Now ya just went and made me hungry again.. Guess I'm gonna hafta make some Apple Crisp.

FIred up Layla today, for a quick bbq, on the agenda was some Pulled Pork, and then the TB inspired me to have a crack at smoking some fish. First of all, the largest pork butt (we call em shoulders) i could find was just over a kilo or so. TINY, had no other choices, so i grabbed to and began to smoke the 2 smallest butts ive seen

Mustard slather pork, then a dry rub i spose

SDC12277.JPG

SDC12280.JPG

Hand Pull to begin

SDC12281.JPG

SDC12283.JPG

Sweet Chilli Salmon

SDC12279.JPG

SDC12284.JPG

SDC12289.JPG

Now i havent had salmon like this ever before, and boy did i enjoy it, thinking that this could become a regular occurence

So going to put on a big BBQ in 2 weeks time.

Plan is to do ribs, brisket and pulled pork. Plenty sides, slaw, mac and cheese, most likely do some Poppers to begin with.

So the search is on to find a butcher for the Brisket and some nice big butts!!
Ribs are sorted and hopefully they may also provide the butts

Will be a early morning for me. See how it goes doing 3 different things at once, managed with the pork and the fish the other night, fingers crossed

That is pure manna from heaven that fish.

I would eat that 15 times a day.

Here me now, believe me later.

Aussie's rock harder than penitentiary steel!

Dude.... The smorked salamon looks amazing!
Spelling intentional... I had it in Nagoya, Japan a couple years ago. At least that's what the menu said. ;)
They were also serving Fly of a Cheese. Both were goooood.

Even though those butts are small they look great!
There was a sale here last week on butts for $1.29 lb. I bought 6 @ ~ 9 lbs.
2 smoked last weekend with 2 racks of spares I cut St. Louis style. Dinner for 3 Or 20.
I've gotta do some salmon this weekend. That looks awesome.

Good Lord that salmon looks awesome.  I need to smoke me some of that.  How much time for the salmon?

Back