• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest New Year's TD Ideas

finally got one of my cars down here to Florida

brought my kayak down too

now to make the journey in the kayak from the gulf coast, around the bottom of florida, and up to miami, to see me some bear nekkid on the beach

ill bring the beers

6 lbs of dough, ready to rise!
IMG_7498.jpg

finally got one of my cars down here to Florida

brought my kayak down too

now to make the journey in the kayak from the gulf coast, around the bottom of florida, and up to miami, to see me some bear nekkid on the beach

ill bring the beers

Dude, I hope you're joking... 'cause I totally read through "A Paddler's Guide to Everglades National Park" by Johnny Molloy, and want to do it.

Naked Bear or not, that would be easily ten days of drunken debauchery and shenanigans.

6 lbs of dough, ready to rise!
IMG_7498.jpg

Diamond... the dragon slayer.

actually I am lying about coming to miami from the gulf side

BUT

I am not lying about my kayak and how much I do it

if you were serious about going kayaking in the everglades, I would do it with you in a heartbeat

that would be so awesome

DAMN, professional smack talk at its finest right here on the THP! Y'all had me laughing so hard I couldn't get any air in for a minute!

Carry On!

(null)

Kayaking in the Everglades? That seems like a horrible idea! People actually do it?

Most people use canoes because they hold more and you sit a little higher out of the water. But I see kayaks down there all the time. Gators are much more timid than most people think, as long as you don't provoke them. If you know what to look for and stay away from, you should be golden.

There is a trail though the everglades from the Gulf Coast Visitor Center (near Everglades City) to Flamingo. It's called the Wilderness Waterway. ~99 miles long.

dude that would be such an epic trip

we could easily rock out 15 miles a day, and just do it over an entire week

Back