seed-train Non-Pepper Seed Train- Round 2 Boarding

Pm sent to AdamStl. Just in case  ikeepfish/Helvete doesn't see this and ships to me, I am still around till Wed. after that my DH will be home to receive package so it won't be just sitting outside. 

This thing is looking ridiculously disorganized, much like the problem with the current wild seed train.  I'm gonna try to sort out the packets that are identifiable as belonging to one member or another and separate them accordingly tomorrow before I mail it Monday.  I guess it doesn't really matter with store-bought packs, but there's a ton of seed packs/baggies just loose in the box.

Also, I'll leave them in there...for now...but coachspencerxc since you're the conductor you may want to consider removing the castor beans.  They aren't illegal or anything...and it's not necessarily because they're toxic BUT because the toxin ricin is derived from them and is present in the seeds.  We all know hopefully know the reputation that it has in the US mailing service and if it went through the wrong USPS checkpoint there could be problems if their machinery detects the chemical.  I'm only saying this for the safety/longevity of the train and I'll leave the decision to the conductor/other riders.  Otherwise I was glad to see them because some of you know I have an affinity for growing toxic plants :lol:

Helvete said:
This thing is looking ridiculously disorganized, much like the problem with the current wild seed train.  I'm gonna try to sort out the packets that are identifiable as belonging to one member or another and separate them accordingly tomorrow before I mail it Monday.  I guess it doesn't really matter with store-bought packs, but there's a ton of seed packs/baggies just loose in the box.

Also, I'll leave them in there...for now...but coachspencerxc since you're the conductor you may want to consider removing the castor beans.  They aren't illegal or anything...and it's not necessarily because they're toxic BUT because the toxin ricin is derived from them and is present in the seeds.  We all know hopefully know the reputation that it has in the US mailing service and if it went through the wrong USPS checkpoint there could be problems if their machinery detects the chemical.  I'm only saying this for the safety/longevity of the train and I'll leave the decision to the conductor/other riders.  Otherwise I was glad to see them because some of you know I have an affinity for growing toxic plants :lol:
First all, thanks so much for putting in the extra effort. To be honest, I personally don't mind loose packets as long as everything is labeled. I can understand why others would. As for the castor beans... hmm. I hate to offend the person who put them in there, but maybe it would be best to take them out for the reason you stated. If someone later in this round or next wants them, maybe they could PM you? I just checked & they are sold through the mail- Bakers & others, so it's not illegal to send them, as you said, but that doesn't mean the package couldn't be pulled by a USPS employee anyway.

Thanks again for your organization. I'll straighten things up too when it gets to me in a few stops & before it goes out for round 2.

Whoever put them in there if you want to PM me I can mail them back to you no problem.  I'm certainly going to be growing a few of those beautiful plants for my poison garden though.  ;)

Room for 1 more rider in Round 2. Lemme know.
In no particular order:
Catherinew
Jamison
Fiogga
Scuba_Steve
Beerbreath81
FGPepperguy
Juanitos
gtf3188g
CoachSpencerXC

Pr0digal_son said:
Buy some thin foam and wrap your seed bags in it. Send in a regular envelope with a stamp. It is way faster and 10 to 16 times cheaper than going through customs. I send packages to Europe weekly. The last 3 I sent were received in 4 days.
i put some in a birthday card sent to Australia , got there in 9 days . n.p. cost $1 41    :onfire:

Train is rolling to tctenten!

tracking # 9114 9999 4423 8853 3427 19

Edit: I'm not entirely sure why it says 3 day shipping, I would think it would get there from Virginia in 2.  Hopefully this doesn't slow anything down

Awesome, Terry!

The only problem with Saturday delivery here is... Mail gets delivered around noon-ish at my house, which is an hour away from last pickup.  That doesn't give me much time  to go through it, sort and label what I want, repackage and drive it to the post office .  So if it's ok, I would like to keep it until Monday. I'll send it out first thing Monday morn at 9:45 a.m., when they open. Then it's onward to Sue with a tracking number. 

I'll try my best to see if I can rush like a madman and rush it out Saturday. Ugh. I'll keep everyone posted.

The seeds came today and I just got through some of them.  There is quite a bit to go through, very organized and 99.99% of the packs are clearly labeled.  Good Job!!

7iRKFt4.jpg

kCqworT.jpg

Here are some of the seeds I added and a little parcel for Sue. 

It's already to go, packed, sealed and ready for shipping. Too bad it's not a weekday, would have gone out today.  It will be going out on Monday first thing. Thanks to everyone: This has been fun.

I waited patiently all morning to make sure they arrived safe and sound.  There are oodles of seeds and more than a few for everyone. I took maybe twelve different varieties and no more than maybe ten seeds of each, but there are way more for everyone after me and your round two. I was excited to see someone added the Pineapple Ground Cherries. 

I did add some different flower seeds and veggie seeds, all that I grew in  my garden and year 2013-2014, collected many and some left over from seed packs, eg. the Nasturtium seeds. I added some tomato seeds Craig here on THP gave me, only so many tomatoes I can grow. 

Here is the tracking info:

Priority 2 Day  to zip code: 11758-5206
Expected delivery: Wed 3/18/15

Thanks everyone for the seeds and happy surprises for everyone after.

Adam

Back