seed-train Non-Pepper Seed Train- Round 2 Boarding

SmokenFire said:
Coach:

I'm full up so no worries putting me back on this train for a 2nd round.  Happy to help and pay it forward to this excellent community.  Count me in for next year's train :)

@ KingDeNNiz - thanks for the kind words!  I was hoping to get a bit of feedback on the powder blends, which was why I included them.  I still have some put back, so if you'd like a bit more let me know.

Really proud of you guys and this train.  PPR!!
Will do... i didn't know if I could take the packet or not. Figure I'd take a sample. I'll prolly take you up on your offer ..I'll do a review for sure

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Will do... i didn't know if I could take the packet or not. Figure I'd take a sample. I'll prolly take you up on your offer ..I'll do a review for sure

IIRC there were about 12 packets of 2 different blends when they left my house.  PM me an addy and I'll get something out to you in a couple weeks.  :)

Usps is showing expected delivery here to be Thursday. Can't wait! Got a serious itch to get more seeds started and plants growing, and know my wife will appreciate more than just peppers lol. I don't have much to add in the way of non pepper seeds, and will probably br taking 3 or 4 of several varities out so whipped up a batch of Cajun style seasoning using superhot powder I had on hand to add in as well. As that will only be on hand for those after me, if anyone before me would like some pm me your addy, and I'll be happy to get some out once I dehydrate my next round of supers.
20150224_152200.jpg

Seeds I'll be adding. Unknown lettuce seeds are from Burpee seeds, I just didn't label which variety after I put them in my own baggie
20150224_151220.jpg

Coach,

I'm also curious to see what everyone's contributed. Hopefully we'll have a pic soon and everything is on the up and up.

PM sent to you for an an address to send the bubble mailer when the train gets to me. Thanks.

coachspencerxc said:
You got it Saturday? How's it look in there?
I did receive the package yesterday, and its really looking nice! Plus the powders Meathead1313 sent, wow! He really sent quite a bit! Thanks to all the contributors for a nice non pepper seed train. Its probably good I received this on Saturday, as I have quite a bit of heirlooms to add. That might take some time, but I should have no problem sending it out on Monday.

AaronTT said:
I did receive the package yesterday, and its really looking nice! Plus the powders Meathead1313 sent, wow! He really sent quite a bit! Thanks to all the contributors for a nice non pepper seed train. Its probably good I received this on Saturday, as I have quite a bit of heirlooms to add. That might take some time, but I should have no problem sending it out on Monday.
MMM powder.
Think we could get a picture of everything spread out? ...a photographic progress report? Sounds like everyone's going above & beyond on this think. One more stop & then I'll post about Round 2 sign ups. THANKS!

fiogga said:
Hey Rick

I'd also like to get in on this the next round, have lots to share, plenty of beans!

Jamison said:
Id probably like to get in on this!

coachspencerxc said:
Good to hear! It's moving along. Sent it out 1 month ago today & it's traveled to 8 people including from me. If we can do the next 7 in another month, we'll have Round 1 complete. In a couple of weeks, I'll start gathering riders for Round 2. Because of the time of year, I want to limit the 2nd round to just 10 people- hoping for completion around May 15- about the latest most want to be planting. I'll arrange it so any riders we have in colder climes are at the back end. I'll save a spot for BeerBreath & Scuba_Steve on Round 2. I'll save one for SmokenFire if he wants one, since he was the 1st rider & any seeds he took came from me. 

Again, we'll get the 2nd Round list together in a couple of weeks.
OK, let's get this going. Sign ups for Round 2. We're only taking on 10 riders so it gets to people before planting time. We still have maybe 3 weeks of Round 1. I'll arrange the train so it goes to the riders in colder areas towards the end, where planting dates are later.

So far we have Scuba_Steve, Beerbreath, Fiogga, Jamison & myself. Looking for 5 more. Who wants in?

catherinew said:
If you're taking "returns" from this train, I'd like to add more seeds that I just bought and won't use most of them.
You got it.

In no particular order:
Catherinew
Jamison
Fiogga
Scuba_Steve
Beerbreath81
FGPepperguy
Juanitos
CoachSpencerXC

Room for 2 more. 

Train should be leaving AaronTT's today & just has 5 more riders in Round 1, including me. If that takes and average of 3 days per rider, we're looking at 15 days or so for it to come back in. Take some stuff, add some other stuff & then send it out for Round 2 probably the day I get it.

Excited! 

Back