• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest November Throwdown

For the waffle throwdown....

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the calm before the storm!!!

Everybody, bust out your waffle irons this weekend. Give it a trial run!
I just purchased one, the throwdown being my influence. I have made waffles for breakfast and dinner several times in a 2 week span.
I keep simple waffle batter on hand in the fridge for a quick brekkie.

Of course my entry will be much more intricate than that.
Just sayin...get some practice on!

Yes Frydad thats a good idea. I got a few ideas but mostly failures HA HA HA HA getting better though. I am trying to be too fancy.

It's practice for me this weekend and that is exactly what I'm going to do is bust the waffle iron out of it's new box and fire it up.

I have way too much going on next weekend to do anything fancy. Maybe just plain lemon waffles with sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top, the way everything is shaping up..... ;oP

I have way too much going on next weekend to do anything fancy. Maybe just plain lemon waffles with sliced strawberries and a sprinkle of powdered sugar on top, the way everything is shaping up..... ;oP
Awwwhhh... Geeme! You were SO much more on point three weeks ago when you were talking about "using the waffle"... I pictured this TD as using the waffle as an ingreed, NOT making a waffle. I think FD had the same intents.

To clarify what "I" think FD meant by "waffles" was, basically, "make something crazy with a waffle", NOT "make a crazy waffle"... hence the prelude to "it can be homemade or frozen."

I could make beer battered (with waffle chunks) deep fried chicken drumsticks, and it would be MONEY in my scenario.

But, ultimately, this is for THP to decide, as per FD.

I wish I was entering this TD, but life has me at another place when this TD occurs.

Awwwhhh... Geeme! You were SO much more on point three weeks ago when you were talking about "using the waffle"... I pictured this TD as using the waffle as an ingreed, NOT making a waffle. I think FD had the same intents.
So Flo's not using the old brainiac.... you have to know I'm pulling your leg, honey. There are no peppers in lemon waffles with strawberries and powdered sugar. :lol:

Besides, if you're not going to be here, why bother? I'll just spend all weekend lamenting the absence of SumBits.... ;)

There are no peppers in lemon waffles with strawberries and powdered sugar. :lol:
AHhh, but there could be, very easily! A nice Lemon Drop, peach habanero, paper lantern, or even some of those candied gems you've been munching on.....Totally in the ball park.

I need a private jet so I can fly around the world and taste all these goodies

LOL I only just discovered how to accept friends HOW LAME AM I

Is it just me or does it seem like it has been two months since the last throwdown. I guess it's the extra week this month.

AHhh, but there could be, very easily! A nice Lemon Drop, peach habanero, paper lantern, or even some of those candied gems you've been munching on.....Totally in the ball park.
And then they would just be lemon waffles with peppers thrown in.... not really crown-worthy stuff....

a tropical island...hmmmmm.... how about Trinidad?!?!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back