• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2015

Hey everbody. Well I'm still working out of town and have been living in my 17ft travel trailer for the past 5 months. I've got some Jigsaw's soaking and when I get back home this weekend I'll start some more.
Tepin x Lemons are on the list. Thanks to Mike (smileyguy697) for this fantastic pepper. I've got some others on my mind as well, just can't decide. I will be doing SIP and raised beds again this year. Hope all is well out there in the community. Here's to 2015 grow and good luck to you all.
View attachment 18685

OCD Chilehead said:
What kind of seeds you germinate. whatever they are I hope they grow true. All my seeds are OP. I assume the same from seeds I get from others. The cool thing is, you might get a crazy cross. Thanks for stopping by. I will head over to your Glog later. Hope all is well. Off on my motorcycle this morning.

Have a happy Fourth of July!
The Tepin x Lemon drop, peach Fatallii, red and yellow Brainstrains.
I never worry about getting true seeds when somebody is generous enough to trade or give me some. The unanticipated crosses can be pretty cool.

You have a great 4th as well. I think I'm going to the grocery store now to get some supplies for the Throwdown.

Holy crap 5$ aerogarden! Wonder how that happened! Awesome score man.

I bet the pot ups will get huge anyway. There is some 2015 season yet to work with. Love the sip systems and you did a really great job constructing them. Keep posting the grow pics.

Nonlinear thought here, but I also like your use of the cage supports. I used then on my low light plants this year and have been happy with the results.

Ozzy2001 said:
The Tepin x Lemon drop, peach Fatallii, red and yellow Brainstrains.
I never worry about getting true seeds when somebody is generous enough to trade or give me some. The unanticipated crosses can be pretty cool.

You have a great 4th as well. I think I'm going to the grocery store now to get some supplies for the Throwdown.
Good luck with the Throwdown and thanks. I'll have to go back and check out how things are going over there.

maximumcapsicum said:
Holy crap 5$ aerogarden! Wonder how that happened! Awesome score man.

I bet the pot ups will get huge anyway. There is some 2015 season yet to work with. Love the sip systems and you did a really great job constructing them. Keep posting the grow pics.

Nonlinear thought here, but I also like your use of the cage supports. I used then on my low light plants this year and have been happy with the results.
The lady that sold me the Aerogarden said she plugged it in and the lights didn't work. Took it home and the light wasn't plugged into the base. Plugged it in and it turned on. No plant pics today. Here is some pics from ride yesterday. View attachment 25477 View attachment 25478 View attachment 25479 View attachment 25480 View attachment 25481

Columbine State flower
View attachment 25482 View attachment 25483

Saw this cool BMW

View attachment 25484

Looks like you got some great views on your ride, as well as I bet some nice twisty roads?

Glad to see your getting out on the bike!

Love the old airhead picture.

Nice score on the Aerogarden Chuck! That aughtta get you started earlier next year! With the hot, dry weather you've been having, the plants and pods may be smaller due to stress but I'll bet the pods carry a lot more punch!

Cool pics of your weekend bike ride... it reminds me of my time in Colorado springs. I didn't have a car while I was there, but I didn't want to get stuck in the barracks when I had free time on my hands and I rode my touring bicycle at least 70 miles in every direction. More than once I'd pedal my way up to the top of Ute Pass by Mountain Park and Crystola, and coast all the way back down.

bpwilly said:
Looks like you got some great views on your ride, as well as I bet some nice twisty roads?

Glad to see your getting out on the bike!

Love the old airhead picture.
stickman said:
Nice score on the Aerogarden Chuck! That aughtta get you started earlier next year! With the hot, dry weather you've been having, the plants and pods may be smaller due to stress but I'll bet the pods carry a lot more punch!

Cool pics of your weekend bike ride... it reminds me of my time in Colorado springs. I didn't have a car while I was there, but I didn't want to get stuck in the barracks when I had free time on my hands and I rode my touring bicycle at least 70 miles in every direction. More than once I'd pedal my way up to the top of Ute Pass by Mountain Park and Crystola, and coast all the way back down.
Hey guys. It's been awhile. I've been hanging out in everybody else's Glog, I've neglected my own. LOL! Garden is doing better. I will get some more detailed pics later.

Bubblegum doing nice in the SIP. View attachment 26212
Brainstrain View attachment 26213
Group shot
View attachment 26214

Have a great day!

romy6 said:
Looking sweet Chuck . Plants are really starting to green up !!!!!
bpwilly said:
It is such a great feeling to start finding pods.  Just means that you did a great job on those plants.   The heat is coming!
Thank you both. I had a very late start. I think the plants will get bigger in the next few weeks. Should start seeing more flowers on the Chinese in the next few weeks as well. I'm already planning next year's grow. My yard looks in shambles due to working so much. I hope to get a break so I can paint the house and extend my privacy fence before Winter. Need to get some hoops built for greenhouse. The bending tool I have needs to be bolted to a flat surface. Need to get me trailer back from my friend. Wait! I wonder if my work would mind me using there 45ft gooseneck. Sorry, thinking out loud. A good thought though.

I got a bunch of my plants from my friend beerbreath81. I'm hoping I get enough pods to send him some. He probably gets sick of it, but thanks again bb81.

Chuck,   What size metal tubing are you planning on making the greenhouse hoops out of?   I ask, because I wounder if the bender can be clamped to a pick-up truck tailgate?  Just a thought.

Bill

OCD Chilehead said:
1 7/8 top rail fence tubing. They list a bunch of different mounting systems. The make some cool low row cover benders too. Here is a link of the one I own. https://www.buildmyowngreenhouse.com/instruction%20manuals/12%20ft.%20pdf%20instructions.pdf
Thanks for the link.  Looks like they have several options, but using that size tubing, you sure will need a solid place to clamp it down to.  Will be interesting to follow along when you do build it.  I love greenhouses, but the more I use the small one I have, the more I think of all the additional items that I would like to add to make it even more useful.  Things like, power for lights, ventilation and heat, possible water lines.  heck get enough of those added, I could just move in there during the summer!

I was at a nursery a while back and the owner had a separate greenhouse set up just for his own use, he had a coffee maker, a wood store and a bunch of tropical plants.  He said it was a great place to sit and read the newspaper and drink coffee on his days off.

A guy has to dream!

bpwilly said:
Thanks for the link.  Looks like they have several options, but using that size tubing, you sure will need a solid place to clamp it down to.  Will be interesting to follow along when you do build it.  I love greenhouses, but the more I use the small one I have, the more I think of all the additional items that I would like to add to make it even more useful.  Things like, power for lights, ventilation and heat, possible water lines.  heck get enough of those added, I could just move in there during the summer!

I was at a nursery a while back and the owner had a separate greenhouse set up just for his own use, he had a coffee maker, a wood store and a bunch of tropical plants.  He said it was a great place to sit and read the newspaper and drink coffee on his days off.

A guy has to dream!
I agree. I would love to have a little spot for chilling. That's why this year I put all my plants closer to the house. I can sit out and drink coffee in the garden. I bought that tool last year. My plan was to get hoops built before this year's grow. I ended up working out of town all Winter. So now I'm hoping to get some free time/money to seriously start working on it. I thought about building a little shed. I could start my plants in there and have a little work bench.

Have a great weekend.

OCD Chilehead said:
Good luck with the Throwdown and thanks. I'll have to go back and check out how things are going over there.The lady that sold me the Aerogarden said she plugged it in and the lights didn't work. Took it home and the light wasn't plugged into the base. Plugged it in and it turned on. No plant pics today. Here is some pics from ride yesterday.
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Columbine State flower
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
Saw this cool BMW
attachicon.gif
image.jpg
I can't help it. Every time I see those landscape photos, I think John Denver! Sorry! Your grow is well on the way. Good work.

Back