• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2015

Hey everbody. Well I'm still working out of town and have been living in my 17ft travel trailer for the past 5 months. I've got some Jigsaw's soaking and when I get back home this weekend I'll start some more.
Tepin x Lemons are on the list. Thanks to Mike (smileyguy697) for this fantastic pepper. I've got some others on my mind as well, just can't decide. I will be doing SIP and raised beds again this year. Hope all is well out there in the community. Here's to 2015 grow and good luck to you all.
View attachment 18685

Roguejim said:
I can't help it. Every time I see those landscape photos, I think John Denver! Sorry! Your grow is well on the way. Good work.
coachspencerxc said:
Great pics!
Trident chilli said:
All is looking good Chuck ...
Thanks guys. I'm in need of a serious update. Getting some pod growth. Still pushing flowers. It's going to be close season. Hope Winter doesn't come early. I'll get some pics this weekend. Have a great weekend all.

S'right Chuck... more pics please! :)  Glad to hear your chilies are cranking out ripening pods, and +1 on the hope that winter holds off long enough for you to get a decent harvest. Keep up the good work!

Hybrid Mode 01 said:
     Your plants look great. I can't wait to see some color on them!
PuebloChiliHead said:
Your plants look awesome!! I hope winter stays away for awhile too.
stickman said:
S'right Chuck... more pics please! :)  Glad to hear your chilies are cranking out ripening pods, and +1 on the hope that winter holds off long enough for you to get a decent harvest. Keep up the good work!
Thanks you all. I havent done a update in awhile. Here is todays pics. I have a bunch of MOA'S that may be crossed. They have bumps and little stingers on some of them.
MoA View attachment 27905 View attachment 27906 View attachment 27907 View attachment 27908
Jigsaw View attachment 27909 View attachment 27910 View attachment 27911
Bbg7 View attachment 27912 View attachment 27916
Supposedly Brainstrain View attachment 27917 View attachment 27918
Brazilian pumpkin View attachment 27919
Cascabella View attachment 27920

Bump! Things are looking OK Chuck. The MoAs are a little elongated, but that doesn't mean anything yet. I find that the temperature while the pods are setting and initially growing has a lot to do with pod shape with them. I only get A and B grade pods when the night-time low temperatures gets above 65 degrees. When they finally ripen up is when you'll know for sure. Mine have a somewhat spiky look too, and a few have stingers... it's the flavor that matters most after all. :)

stickman said:
Bump! Things are looking OK Chuck. The MoAs are a little elongated, but that doesn't mean anything yet. I find that the temperature while the pods are setting and initially growing has a lot to do with pod shape with them. I only get A and B grade pods when the night-time low temperatures gets above 65 degrees. When they finally ripen up is when you'll know for sure. Mine have a somewhat spiky look too, and a few have stingers... it's the flavor that matters most after all. :)
Thats good to know Rick. I will try and upload some more pics later. Having problems. Says file size to large. Never had that problem before. Have a great weekend.

I thought I figured it all out. I went to attachment settings and erased a bunch of pics to make space. Little did I know it would erase all my posted pics. Damn it! I think I lost this year and last year's Glog pics. I don't think there is any way to get them back. Pretty bummed about the whole deal. Lost enthusiasm right now. I'll post more when I get some color.

bpwilly said:
Sorry to hear about the pictures deletion.  Crap!  I got to hope there is a back-up someplace where you might be able to get previous pictures restored.  Don't know where, but  sure am hoping so.
Thanks Bill. I'm over it now. I was pretty bummed yesterday. What can you do. Live and learn. I'll get some more photos soon. Have a Jigsaw turning as we speak. The first of the Chinese. Thanks for stopping by.

Just checked in the pods this morning. Have been getting eatin up by the grasshoppers. Got a Jigsaw turning. It's amazing how quickly the turn. A day ago it was still green when I took pics.
image.jpg

Nice looking pod.   Hoppers can eat a lot fast, beat those buggers back!

It will be interesting to see your Jigsaw.  I have 2 growing this year, first time ever, so curious to see how they come out and look compared to yours.

bpwilly said:
Nice looking pod.   Hoppers can eat a lot fast, beat those buggers back!

It will be interesting to see your Jigsaw.  I have 2 growing this year, first time ever, so curious to see how they come out and look compared to yours.
Yeah this is the first year growing them as well. I tried them last year from Judy. I think they are a fantastic super. I have 3-4 plants this year. I hope they turn out as good as Judy's. Justin sent me some Jigsaw's that were just like Judy's. They were HOT!

The only thing hotter I've tried is the Reaper. That's my personal opinion. I think this pepper has tremendous potential for a record. I personally don't care for records that much. My tongue only knows hot and extremely hot. Maybe the later pods will show true form. My bigger BrainStrain pods dont show true form, but the smaller pods that just set do. Maybe the same with the Jig's. Good luck with your plants. I need to check out what's going on with you North West growers.

Back