• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2015

Hey everbody. Well I'm still working out of town and have been living in my 17ft travel trailer for the past 5 months. I've got some Jigsaw's soaking and when I get back home this weekend I'll start some more.
Tepin x Lemons are on the list. Thanks to Mike (smileyguy697) for this fantastic pepper. I've got some others on my mind as well, just can't decide. I will be doing SIP and raised beds again this year. Hope all is well out there in the community. Here's to 2015 grow and good luck to you all.
View attachment 18685

Nice color Chuck! I love the pepper harvest in August... it's like every week or so there's another variety ripening up! Bummer about losing your picture archives, but that means more room for next year. :doh:

Hi Chuck,

Sorry about the lost pics. I doubt the THP server has a copy as the pics are always on a third party server and we point the THP software to the pics.

What I do is take the pics and save them to a folder on the PC, then upload them to the server they live on. And I leave them on the camera chip for like forever, until it is almost full. I wouldn't expect a free service to make backups, that's expensive. I just spent $25K on more storage at my job. We're approaching 100 terabytes and we're a tiny district.

Nice looking Jigsaw, they are a very tasty pepper on par with the reaper flavor. Sweet with the pain ;)

Ok. Im winding this season down. Not a very productive year. Plants are great. In fact there in full flower mode. Not good news in Colorado. This is my second harvest. Harvested about the same amount last week.
20151012_092155.JPG
20151012_092140.JPG

Tabasco x Naga Morich is a awesome pepper. Very unique.
20151012_092301.JPG

Tepin x Lemon Drop
20150910_100546.JPG

Still have to pick some Aji Pinapple. That is a fantastic pepper as well. I try most of my peppers in Stir Fry.

My favorites this year is Brazilian Pumpkin, Aji Pinapple, Baby Morich, and Goats Weed. Im sorry to end the season. I think next year I will start a Colorado and surrounding states Glog. Just like the Pacific Northwest crew. I dont have much time to post like I did last year.

Thanks for all of you that supported me this year. You all are a great bunch.

Thanks again to Beerbreath for his donation of plants. Without his contribution I dont think I would have had a season.

Chuck,  You got some nice color there.   Maybe next year, you might try 2 gardens, one at home and one at the job location?

Just to let you know, the Dorset Naga's, and the Goats weed really produced well for e this year.   The monster Naga came out chocolate, so I am not sure what to make of that, but it sure is productive.  The Indian Carbon is just now starting to get some ripe pods, so I am not sure how many I might actually get, but at least I will get a chance to try them out.

Thanks much for the seeds and the chance to try some peppers I had not previously grown.

Bill

Looks like a pretty decent havest Chuck, glad to hear the plants did well for ya. Kinda let my glog go this year but I had a pretty decent year as well. Big improvements over last year but still got some work to do. Those B. Pumkins are a very good pepper and one of my favorites the plants are very productive. They have been on my list every year since I found them about 3 years ago. Be sure to save some seeds from them, its pretty hard to find. Initially got mine from tradewinds but they have such a limited supply and they go really fast, and didnt have any available this season. Luckly THP member Rory hooked me up with some seeds this season so they traveled all the way from Italy!! Pepper People Rock!!! 

I hear ya on all the flowers. I cut a bunch of branches off of my plants that didn't have pods so the plants would finish off the pods. One more month and I would have had bumper harvest. Now we get to start planning next season. Well wishes to you!

bpwilly said:
Chuck,  You got some nice color there.   Maybe next year, you might try 2 gardens, one at home and one at the job location?

Just to let you know, the Dorset Naga's, and the Goats weed really produced well for e this year.   The monster Naga came out chocolate, so I am not sure what to make of that, but it sure is productive.  The Indian Carbon is just now starting to get some ripe pods, so I am not sure how many I might actually get, but at least I will get a chance to try them out.

Thanks much for the seeds and the chance to try some peppers I had not previously grown.

Bill
Thanks Bill. I'm going to grow the goats next year for sure. It seemed to be a hardy plant. Me mistake was putting it in the raised bed. The raised bed plants didn't do week this year. I didn't give them enough water in the beginning. It was moist two inches down, but a foot down, dry as a bone. The look good but, just no size.

Thank you for the seeds you sent me too. Didn't get a chance to try them. If there's anything you want, give m a shout.

beerbreath81 said:
Looks like a pretty decent havest Chuck, glad to hear the plants did well for ya. Kinda let my glog go this year but I had a pretty decent year as well. Big improvements over last year but still got some work to do. Those B. Pumkins are a very good pepper and one of my favorites the plants are very productive. They have been on my list every year since I found them about 3 years ago. Be sure to save some seeds from them, its pretty hard to find. Initially got mine from tradewinds but they have such a limited supply and they go really fast, and didnt have any available this season. Luckly THP member Rory hooked me up with some seeds this season so they traveled all the way from Italy!! Pepper People Rock!!! 
Thanks Anthony. If it wasn't for your donation of plants , I don't think I would have grown this year. If you see anything you want, let me know. I will save the seeds for sure. Glad you had a good harvest. My last years harvest rocked in the chinese's. But I started earlier on them. This years Chinese I bout online at the last minute. I think hydro transplant is the way to go. I started some aero garden plants and transplanted with great success. Those plants are the same size as my other plants. There half as old.

Thanks again brother.

dragonsfire said:
Nice looking peppers, at least you got a nice handfull :)
Thanks. Something is better than nothing. I ended up with a larg variety of peppers I've never tried before. Thanks for stopping by.

Ozzy2001 said:
I hear ya on all the flowers. I cut a bunch of branches off of my plants that didn't have pods so the plants would finish off the pods. One more month and I would have had bumper harvest. Now we get to start planning next season. Well wishes to you!
I would have had a huge bumber crop if it wasn't for living in the Rockies. I'll have to try cutting of the branches.nThanks for the wishes.

Back