• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD 2017!!!

Well it's 2017. Finally! Last year was a success, as far as the ground plants were concerned. Virgin, clay ground. My Chinese got smacked by hail twice! No room for error with those. Out of 12 plants I got ONE BBG. First and only. That variety is cursed. Tried for the past 3 years and some sort of calimity happens.

This year I decided to try 21+ different varieties of the BBG. I have 9 Reaper crosses. 21 and counting other varieties. I built a hoophouse and some COB led's. Planning on getting them outside in March sometime. That might be a delusion, beings I'm in Colorado. We shall see. There is only a few varieties that I've grown before. The rest are all new. I'm planning on isolating most of them.

Just started some Lemon Drops for Throwdown Growdown. I will wait a couple weeks before I start the others. Everything needs to be in order before I germinate. No turning back at that point. I want two plants from most varieties. Plants need to be woody by ground day. That's the only way I have a chance at success with late maturity varieties. If I have extras, I'll give away to my friends of THP.

My list is growing, but not much. Here is some of the varieties that made the cut.

Naga BBG (Red)
Chocolate BBG
Orange BBG (ISO)
BBG x PDN
Tobago Treasure x BBG
Red Gum Tiger Mamp
BBG Peach Ghost Jami
BBG Cluster
BBG Yellow (large)
BBG Scorpion
Aji Jobito x BBG
Red Gum Nagabrain Tiger Mamp
Peach Bhut BBG
BBG Apocalypse
Bhutla x BBG
Srtsl x BBG
7pot Lava Chocolate x BBG
Bleeding Borg9
Tommy Gum
Orange Naga BBG
Peach Naga BBG

Reaper x Red Mayan Habanero
Reaper x Yellow Scorpion
Reaper x Purple Bhut
Reaper x Pimenta
Reaper x Peach Bhut
Naga Reaper
Brainstrain x Reaper
Sepia Reaper x Neyde
ButchT x Reaper

Congo x ButchT
Peach Ghost Scorpion x Primo
Apocalypse Scorpion
Black Bhutlah Scorpion
Primo
Chocolate Primo
Baby Morich
Scorpion XXX (Holiday)
Fidalgo Roxa x Grao De Bode
Nagabon
BOC (Gary)
Andy's King BOC
Bhut Peach
Jigsaw x Habanero
Giant Trinidad Scorpion (Randy)
Taba Naga
Perfect red Bhut (Rick)
Fatalii Gourmet Jigsaw (Jukka)
Scotch Brain (ISO)
Naga Brain Yellow
Rocato (Chinese) (Jukka)

3Way Caribbean Red
4Way Caribbean Red
Foodarama
Sicman's Mystery (Red, Purple Spots) (Jason)
SB7J (UFO) (Justin)
Venezuela Tiger x SRTSL
Mustard Moruga Brain
Black Panther
Aji Lemondrop
Aji Pineapple
Aji Amarillo
Sadabahar
Chi-Chien
Goats Weed

Thanks for stopping by. Wish you all the best of luck in 2017.

stickman said:
Hoophouse is looking stellar Chuck! Is that nylon re-enforced plastic sheeting on top? Good idea to have shade cloth on top too while hardening off. Just need to run the dripline and hang the doors and you'll be ready to rock!
Thank you Rick.

That is re-enforced plastic sheeting. I don't know how long it will last. My friend was moving and gave me a 100 ft roll. I figured I'd give it a try. All the hoophouse down at the nursery us the same stuff and brand. They have about 8 houses and are 80ft long. I stopped by this weekend to see what they had going on in them. Tomatoes and beans. There is another big nursery that uses hoophouses and I seen they used the same stuff.

Got hailed on the past couple days. Just got the plants in the house and a storm moved in. Already worth the time and effort just for that one storm.

Chuck the greenhouse I worked at we used 6 mil plastic and replaced every other year.Part of that was probably insurance related.I could walk on those roofs.They last awhile.Those were tubes blown up with a small fan to provide a weather barrier no matter if it was winter or summer.Took a few naps on those roofs on a few nice days. :shh:

randyp said:
Chuck the greenhouse I worked at we used 6 mil plastic and replaced every other year.Part of that was probably insurance related.I could walk on those roofs.They last awhile.Those were tubes blown up with a small fan to provide a weather barrier no matter if it was winter or summer.Took a few naps on those roofs on a few nice days. :shh:
thanks for the info. I wish I had the resources for that setup. I would be in heaven.

Take one guess what I'm doing this evening. It's not baking a pie. LOL!

Attachments

• IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 40
Well, I managed to get the plants in the ground. The hoophouse anyways. I still have around 145 left to find homes around the yard. It's going to be CHAOS.

I tilled the rows one last time. It got compacted working on the structure. I cut the holes in the plastic and dug some of the soil out. I then placed that soil on a tarp and mixed it with my potting mix. I then put mix back in the hole with a cup of granular fertilizer.

I like Espoma. I buy it on the cheap in the Fall. I bought some Plant-Tone, Garden-Tone, Rose-Tone,and Iron-Tone last year. I mix a big batch up and fill two 5 gallon buckets. I shouldn't have to fertilize for awhile. It's time to start brewing up tea. I like compost tea with molasses. That what they'll get every 3 weeks. I'm trying to get some Alpaca manure for another project.

Had to break out the flood light. What a relief getting some of them to ground. I have some extra solar mulch. It's going outside the hoophouse, parallel with it. I'm thinking 10 plants there and rest in pots.

Sorry about the cruddy phone pics. I guess it's time to give the plants some justice and start using the Nikon.

IMG_0058.JPG
IMG_0059.JPG
IMG_0061.JPG
IMG_0062.JPG

OCD Chilehead said:
Well, I managed to get the plants in the ground. The hoophouse anyways. I still have around 145 left to find homes around the yard. It's going to be CHAOS.

I tilled the rows one last time. It got compacted working on the structure. I cut the holes in the plastic and dug some of the soil out. I then placed that soil on a tarp and mixed it with my potting mix. I then put mix back in the hole with a cup of granular fertilizer.

I like Espoma. I buy it on the cheap in the Fall. I bought some Plant-Tone, Garden-Tone, Rose-Tone,and Iron-Tone last year. I mix a big batch up and fill two 5 gallon buckets. I shouldn't have to fertilize for awhile. It's time to start brewing up tea. I like compost tea with molasses. That what they'll get every 3 weeks. I'm trying to get some Alpaca manure for another project.

Had to break out the flood light. What a relief getting some of them to ground. I have some extra solar mulch. It's going outside the hoophouse, parallel with it. I'm thinking 10 plants there and rest in pots.

Sorry about the cruddy phone pics. I guess it's time to give the plants some justice and start using the Nikon.

attachicon.gif
IMG_0058.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0059.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0061.JPG
attachicon.gif
IMG_0062.JPG
Outstanding effort Chuck! With all the plants you have it won't be long before you're swimming in pods... Literally! LOL!

It'll be an interesting experiment to see how the plants set outside the hoophouse do in the solar mulch. Good luck!

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

stickman said:
Outstanding effort Chuck! With all the plants you have it won't be long before you're swimming in pods... Literally! LOL!

It'll be an interesting experiment to see how the plants set outside the hoophouse do in the solar mulch. Good luck!

Thank you Rick!

I'm excited to have see what happens outside the hoophouse as well.

I have a plant that I saved seeds from a pod you sent last year. I call it the Perfect Bhut. It was a Bhut that you sent me. Looked text book. It's in the ground. Got some other Bhut varieties that Charles sent me.

I hope, I get enough pods to send all you guys out some. The least I can do for all the pods you've guys have sent me. I hope this is the year.

I'm calling it the...... HAIL NO SEASON!

OCD Chilehead said:
Thank you Rick!

I'm excited to have see what happens outside the hoophouse as well.

I have a plant that I saved seeds from a pod you sent last year. I call it the Perfect Bhut. It was a Bhut that you sent me. Looked text book. It's in the ground. Got some other Bhut varieties that Charles sent me.

I hope, I get enough pods to send all you guys out some. The least I can do for all the pods you've guys have sent me. I hope this is the year.

I'm calling it the...... HAIL NO SEASON!
S'right brother... Hail no! No hail! [emoji106]

Masher said:
Holy pepper bonanza...That's awesome chuck!!!  You're killing it man. Excellent bud, congrats to you, looks like things are doing great!!!
Thanks Dan!

I hope things are going well in your neck of the woods. If I remember right, you thought you started to early. Hope all is well.

moruga welder said:
Chuck , just don't know what to say !   The hoop house , the plants , it all looks really Great !  Props to you and the young son on all your hard work .  Your gonna have a great year , and you deserve it !  
Gonna have pods out the  Yazoo !       :party:
Thanks Frank,

I hope to get some pods from each plant. I'm going to plant some of my extras in 2 gallon pots. I bet I get some good plants from them. I'm thinking about 20 or so in the 2 gallons. They'll be on drip irrigation Donna worries on having to water them. Just feed, feed, feed.

Thanks for the seeds. I'm curious to see how that CBBG x Reaper turns out. The Tepin x Reaper are growing like crazy. Have that Tepin growth to them. I really like Tabasco crosses and Tepin Crosses.

Busted out the Nikon for practice. Sick of my iPhone pics.

Galapagoense. I love the smell of this plant. If you rub it, it has a smell like actual peppers or something. Like a tomato plant. This is one of my pride and joys.
IMG_0068.JPG
IMG_0067.JPG

Flowers on the Mutant Candlelight
IMG_0069.JPG

Random plants
IMG_0064.JPG
IMG_0065.JPG
IMG_0066.JPG

OCD Chilehead said:
Thanks Frank,

I hope to get some pods from each plant. I'm going to plant some of my extras in 2 gallon pots. I bet I get some good plants from them. I'm thinking about 20 or so in the 2 gallons. They'll be on drip irrigation Donna worries on having to water them. Just feed, feed, feed.

Thanks for the seeds. I'm curious to see how that CBBG x Reaper turns out. The Tepin x Reaper are growing like crazy. Have that Tepin growth to them. I really like Tabasco crosses and Tepin Crosses.
n.p. my friend ! and right back at ya on the seeds , The pumpkin BBG'S are growing hot n heavy , and the  Neyde x BBg are falling suit , 1 nice and purple , 1 just standard green ,  did get the ladies in the dirt     :party:

Trident chilli said:
Chuck you must be knackered that's a proper "in the dirt" day in the hoop house .... it's going to be a great season for you ... give it a few months and that will be a jungle
Thanks John!

You are correct. I'm beat down. Between a long week at work and plant out I'm feeling it. I hope to see a jungle. My only concern is keeping the heat down. I think, I'll get it tuned before to long.

Back