• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD Chilehead 2014 Glog

Always like your updates, the plants are looking really good chuck, where'd you get those pots/bags from? Have you used them before? The more time out here on the plains has me thinking this may be my route next year, will see. The wind latley has just been relentless, I covered my OW up with some buckets and placed a sack of quikrete on them to keep them in tact. So they havent seen any sun since Sunday. Hows the wind been over on your side of the mountain.  We had 60-70 mph winds earlier this week. Blowing semi's over out near Limon

you probably saw on the news but just in case---
http://kdvr.com/2014/04/29/cdot-semi-rollovers-along-i-70-due-to-hazardous-winds/

beerbreath81 said:
Always like your updates, the plants are looking really good chuck, where'd you get those pots/bags from? Have you used them before? The more time out here on the plains has me thinking this may be my route next year, will see. The wind latley has just been relentless, I covered my OW up with some buckets and placed a sack of quikrete on them to keep them in tact. So they havent seen any sun since Sunday. Hows the wind been over on your side of the mountain.  We had 60-70 mph winds earlier this week. Blowing semi's over out near Limon

you probably saw on the news but just in case---
http://kdvr.com/2014/04/29/cdot-semi-rollovers-along-i-70-due-to-hazardous-winds/
Thanks for the kind words. I picked the bags up for I think like $3 pk of 25 at indoor store. Found them cheaper online in bulk. Saved a lot of space. First time using them. I have been looking to see if you posted an update on the OW's. Did you have to trim them? That is some nasty wind. Didn't have anything here. What county are you in?

jedisushi06 said:
Look on Craig's list for a ballast I actually got a bunch of growing equipment off there a few years ago. In grand junction
Keeping my eye out around here and outside areas. I might just buy a complete new system. Local store has 1000w system for $195.00 complete. Doesn't sound too bad.

looking good Chuck! Your babies all look happy and healthy... we both just need things to warm up enough at night so we can plant outside without them freezing. It may be there this weekend... we'll see. Good luck with 2014!

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
looks great.. what was on the label of the myster hab?
image.jpg

"got these at my local store labeled as orange habaneros... obviously not.. heat is just like hab with a different taste...hard to describe.."
Thanks again for the seeds Denniz.

sicman said:
rock climbing desert hiking  and awesome plants,. this glog has it all.  everything looks great :dance:
Thanks Sicman. It's all about having fun and sharing it. Things are looking good at your place as well. Glad to here your roof is almost done. Busy time of year. Thanks for reading.

Hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was productive. Started of with mowing the lawn and returning a rake that broke on the first try. While at the hardware store my son saw some tomato plants. I told him the easy part was buying them. He said he understood. I said grab them.

20140503_135634.JPG
20140504_192930.JPG

Then we did a grape tomato transplant.
20140504_190841.JPG

Got up early this morning and made some raspberry / blackberry jam.
20140504_094659.JPG
20140504_193933.JPG

Making some tea.
20140504_193332.JPG
20140504_190748.JPG

Plants are adjusting well.
20140504_193134.JPG

I guess its time to clean up and get ready for work. Wish I had a another day. Theres always after work.

Spicegeist said:
Alright, put that boy to work!  Jam looks good, where are the berries from?
Raspberries are store bought Californians. I forgot about the carrots, basil, and thyme.
20140504_203636.JPG

Tostadas last night.
20140503_192217.JPG
20140504_202237.JPG

He got into trouble at school last week. So I told him if he's not in school he's working because that's how it is in the real world. He said ok dad. Sweet kid. Thanks for stopping in.

Working in the yard this weekend. The weeds are starting to grow. My girlfriend is in England visiting her parents. Guess who lives in the same town she grew up in?
image.jpg

Nick Woods of Fire Foods. Former world record holder for the Infinity Chilli. She said he was a nice guy and invited them over to his house. I see some beautiful plants in the window in the background.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Everything is looking good.  Jelly is making me hungry too.
Thanks Hillbilly Jeff. I made some syrup as well. Same stuff just didn't add pectin.

Jeff H said:
Looking good OCD.

I just ate and those tostadas are making me hungry again.
Thanks Jeff H. I'm thinking tostadas tonight. Looking at that post made me hungry.

GA Growhead said:
Wishing you went to see her parents now. Aye? :D
I don't like to fly. I have turned down the offer a couple times. I did fly from San Diego to Grand Junction, Co with a layover in Saltlake. I almost didn't get back on the plane. I know I'm missing things and it would be an experience. I will take another plane ride again. Maybe Las Vegas and work my way up. I think it's 12 hrs to London. I would love to go here. The Eden Project. http://www.edenproject.com/whats-it-all-about/plants-gardens

image.jpg
image.jpg

Back