• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OCD Chilehead 2014 Glog

Devv said:
Moab, reminds me of Sedona. Looks like a trip to Moab could be a blast!
I love the place it's only couple hours away in the car. Less on the bike. It's starting to warm up now. I will be back this fall around October. Not as many people and cooler. Just not into huge crowds and heat anymore.
Dreamweaver said:
DSC02211.jpg

Me a few years back on the exit to Helldorado  :dance:
Thats a serious rig you have there.

20140427_131422.JPG

Tepin
20140427_131613.JPG
20140427_131453.JPG

Chile Arbol x Pequins topped and tied down.
20140427_131650.JPG
20140427_131704.JPG

Sadabahars are looking good untouched.
20140427_131726.JPG

Mystery Habaneros from KingDeNNiz
20140427_132458.JPG

Chile Pepper Institute Scorpions
20140427_132937.JPG

Chile Pepper Institute Bhuts
20140427_132926.JPG

Reapers
20140427_132752.JPG

7Pot Brainz

Its amazing how well these plants are doing in these tiny containers.
A couple more.

20140427_132802.JPG

Scorpions from Duffy. The 7pots are from him as well.
20140427_133030.JPG

Family group shot.
20140427_190007.JPG

This is where they will be going as soon as I potup. Made a decision to potup Thursday or Friday. Temps have dropped at night to the 30s. Again. Didnt want to chance it this far along in a garage that's not heated. Lows in the 40s toward the end of the week. My babies are begging me for more room.

jedisushi06 said:
i still haven't been to Moab.  
Your not to far away. Go in the late fall. Crowds are down, heat is gone and hotel rooms are cheap. Just make sure if you do go. Check the events calendar for Moab. They have Mtn. bike races and stuff around that time. Showed up one time had to drive 45 mi. to Green River to get a room.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Peppers are looking really nice.
Thanks Jeff. I'm learning a lot from you guys and my own trial and errors this year. I wish I would have potted up 3 weeks ago when the roots started to come out the bottom. I was afraid they would get to big before plant out time. Now there root bound. Also learned I could use more light.

Devv said:
Plants are looking spectacular!

Can't wait to see them outside where they want to be.
Thanks Scott. Still trying figure out how I'm going to pull this off. One thing at a time I suppose. My friend brought me a IBC water tote back from Arizona for my gravity fed drip system. I also purchased a dual zone battery operated timer at 50% off yesterday. Need drip line and to mix some more soil and I'll be good. At least I have some time to piece things together after I repot. Going to run the light tonight and record high/low temps overnight. If it's in the 40s we are repotting tomorrow since there's no work.

Thanks guys for stopping by. Your guys Glogs are awesome. I haven't had cable tv in 5 years. So this is my entertainment. Could be worse. LOL

TrentL said:
Plants look great! Thanks Trent. I think there going to really take off as soon as repot. I hope they start flowering in the Summer like the are now. Some plants have 4-5 buds coming out at the nodes. Picking them as they come.

I'm not a huge fan of TV, either. I find other stuff far more interesting.
I like to learn something new everyday. It's kind of a thing I got going. I do have Netflix. I like anything to do with biology, geology, or astronomy.

Update. Well I checked the temps out in the garage last night. Ran the eight bulb T12 for 11hrs. Outside temp is 37. Garage temp is 48. Grow area covered with plastic is 58. I'm comfortable with that. Looks like I'm potting up today.

Your plants are looking fine, no leggy-ness at all. Sure the cold weather sux especially when it drops back into the 30's... peppers don't appreciate that. However, the annuum varities can tolerate into the lower 40's.
At lest you can continue to harden off the plants during the warmer daytime temps. Best of luck with the rest of the process.

WooHoo. Just finished repotting. Just thought I would share before I go and clean up my mess.
20140430_111428.JPG
20140430_113832.JPG
20140430_131644.JPG
20140430_131850.JPG

This will do until I go outside. No more bags for the tomatoes. Couldnt potup. My friends plants at work didnt make it so I gave him 4 misc. plants. Worked out perfect ended up repotting all my pepper plants and having zero bags left. I will pick up some more bags tomorrow for the mystery Habs. and grape tomatoes. Thanks for stopping by.

Attachments

• 20140430_132925.JPG
    20140430_132925.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 44
+1 on 115!

They look great!

We turned off cable a few years ago, too many commercials. Anyone here remember when cable came out? The big selling point was no commercials. That and we don't watch it..LOL.

jedisushi06 said:
Mine were that big before I topped them. I won't be potting up again till they get outside.
Next year I will be potting up sooner. Then I will top with the better light. I brought a Sunsystems hood back from San Diego a friend of mine gave me. Need to find a magnetic ballast second hand.

compmodder26 said:
Pot ups look good Chuck!
Thanks Brian. My back is killin me but what the heck. No pain no gain. On my list of things to do different next year. A potting bench.

Devv said:
+1 on 115!

They look great!

We turned off cable a few years ago, too many commercials. Anyone here remember when cable came out? The big selling point was no commercials. That and we don't watch it..LOL.
Thanks Scott. Hoping my garden turns out half as good as yours. I remember the little brown box that had the dial on the front that clicked. Then later channel 99. LOL.

UPDATE. We made it. 29 outside. 40 in the garage. 68 in the tent. Was worried that the lights would go off in the middle of the night. That's my only heat source. Plants looked good shock. When I transplanted them. I Gave them a lite dunk in Age Old Organics Grow mix. I also added some Plant Success Myco before planting. Then gave them a drenching. Everything looks good. Thanks for reading.

Back