beer Official Brewdown Thread!!!

I dont give a shit

If you wanna do something cool, go for it

I figured with the guidelines if a single grain and a single hop, we were going to see a boatload of pale ales and IPAs, but if you want to switch it up I am all about it

I want to see a kettle soured golden ale with EKG and fermented with Brett Anomalus and lemongrass

if anyone can pull that off, ill be excited

Yeah, I started to sit down and make an IPA recipe, but I was like why go so basic.  I figure Brewdowns will be a chance to expand and try something new.  Thats what I like most about TD's is trying something I've never done before.  I think I am going to go forward with something I haven't done.  It will take a little reading up, but fortunately, we have time until April hits.  Although we will be in FL for April 1st.  So I may be a little behind.

Wheebz....is there going to be an official start like Pookie does with the throw downs? Or can we just start whenever?

Start date will consist of a week before of pre planning. Order ingredients, get cleaned up, prepared, and ready to brework

You will be given the beer style and limitations or objectives a week before the start date.

Once the start date hits, you have 1 month to finish your beers and get them to me

I will determine the dates depending on the beer style. Obviously if I say I want a dopplebock I'll give you 2 months, but most beers will be 4 weeks until delivery

wheebz said:
I dont give a shit

If you wanna do something cool, go for it

I figured with the guidelines if a single grain and a single hop, we were going to see a boatload of pale ales and IPAs, but if you want to switch it up I am all about it

I want to see a kettle soured golden ale with EKG and fermented with Brett Anomalus and lemongrass

if anyone can pull that off, ill be excited
u'r a dick ... just took the fun out of my old ale plan ... stfu.
wasn't going to be a sour, but old ale was my jam ...
Boss does that shit w/ the TD's all the time ... usually right after he posts the theme too!

single malt of marris otter and a single hop, single malt of marris otter and a single hop, single malt of marris otter and a single hop

Humm_zpsggxhlkll.png

single malt of marris otter and a single hop

Idea_zpss0ozie2o.png

F8B08F50-DCCA-4547-A05B-F03269948A16_zpsjessrjzr.jpg

wheebz said:
3 weeks away

All Marris Otter, and one single hop variety throughout the whole beer

have your ingredients ready whore

i'll probably be out for the 1st one, but plan to do the future one's, generally speaking ...

unless i can work in a stove-top gallon for it ...

wheebz said:
grant you cant be out of this one

this is the only way you will actually bottle and send me your other beers

haha ...

i have loads of crap going on (danielle's grandma passed sunday, service-type crap this weekend, and her house just became a fire-drill remodel project for me) - but if i can do it, i will ...

also ... it's booooring brewing! ...

there's not really enough time to condition a barleywine, so i'd probably go w/ EKG's or Fuggles and Wy1968, or do a big Citra APA using like US-05 or WLP090 ...

we'll see how things go this weekend and next week ;)

I looked a bit on the webz today because I have a newbie question. Is it just the yeasts and fermentation techniques that define the style of beer it is?

Back