beer Official Brewdown Thread!!!

For some reason I thought I'd figured out that I was going to be able to do it somehow, but I can't remember how I figured that out ...

I will be around this weekend, but I won't be ready ...

The following weekend I'll be in Northport again, although I have a suspicion there will be a late-breaking delay in the cabinet doors, which might force a schedule change on the remodel of D's grandmother's house ...

RocketMan said:

Where in Florida are you going to be? Well besides at GM's sucking down his homebrew ;)
Clearwater as GM said. I would love to stop by Inspecrtor Gadget's, but it would be really hard. My son is in a swimming meet while we're there.

Getting there Monday. Fishing Tuesday. Then the meet is Wed-Sat with prelims and finals each day. Then we leave Sunday morning.

Ozzy2001 said:
Clearwater as GM said. I would love to stop by Inspecrtor Gadget's, but it would be really hard. My son is in a swimming meet while we're there.

Getting there Monday. Fishing Tuesday. Then the meet is Wed-Sat with prelims and finals each day. Then we leave Sunday morning.

Truth be told, it's a shit drive from Clearwater to Sarasota ... because it's not I-75 ...

It's I-275N + US-19 and with the bridges (Skyway + the one from St. Pete to Clearwater), it can be a real PITA ... you have to count on 1:45-2:00, even though it can take as little as 75-90 mins at the right time of day, at the right time of year - which it's not =)

But, you are more than welcome to come drink like a fish here ... I'll happily throw some Q on the grill if I'm around, if you free up any of the evenings ...

You'll be closer to HTH, or Cigar City though ...

Depending on where you are exactly, you probably take the Courtney Campbell to 275, and then you get off at Exit 44 and follow it until it turns into US41 (probably called Tampa Ave on the signs), and then after you cross Polk, you make a left on Zack and take it to Marion ...

Taking US19 down to 118 Ave North and get on 275 and take the Howard Franklin across the bay, and then use the same directions from Exit 44 to the brewery ...

There's even another way that I can think off, but that uses two bridges, so fuck that ... although I kind of like driving on the Bayside Bridge a little bit ...

It's a 60-90 min trip from Clearwater Beach to CCB, I guess, too ...
Ozzy2001 said:
I do want to hit up Cigar City if possible.

I'd say fuck it to CCB and go to see Bob S. at Saint Somewhere in Tarpon Springs via Alt 19 ... probably have a lot more fun, well ... if you like saisons ...
Ozzy2001 said:
I do want to hit up Cigar City if possible.

These folks are supposed to make some decent beer ... but I haven't had any ...

http://www.7venthsun.com/

If your in Clearwater, well a drive to Titusville wouldn't be worth it unless you were planning on going to the space center.

And on the BrewDown side, my ingredients get in tomorrow

All set!

83C9818A-30B0-4559-B3F7-B8E1F569B3BF_zpsv3zmkxfm.jpg

no but everyone is bitching about how they cant do it this weekend, or cant do it next weekend, or cant do it during the week ever, because god forbid you make beer on a weekday night, or cant do it at all

I'm going to give it shot when I get back in town. Since I'm only doing a 3 gal batch, I will be able to do it one week night. Worst case scenario it will happen the next weekend and it may be a little green when it gets to you.
I really don't want to miss this first one.

ide rather have them green when they get to me and sit at my house for a week or two to carb up than not have people do it at all

we might have to make ammendments to it, like as long as its bottled and to me by the first week of the following month, we are good to go

basically give people two weeks to brew it, two weeks to condition and bottle, and 2 weeks to let it carb if necessary

so like April 1st to May 1st is brewtime+ship time, 3rd week of april figure out next beer, first week of May brew new ones and ship aprils, I let it sit until 3rd week of may, drink and review 3rd week of may, dictate style then, have a week to get ingredients, brew junes, receive mays, let mays sit till mid june

spreads it out a little better and gives more time for conditioning as well as brewing, 6 weeks instead of 4

Back