• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Official Review: Lucky Dog Hot Sauce Black Label

This stuff is my go-to sauce for all sorts of stuff.  Steak, pork chops, pizza, tacos, fajitas, you name it!  I even keep a second bottle that is spiked with 1/4tsp of pecan smoked chocolate scorpion powder for when I have something that needs a little extra "kick".  

Seems a damn fine sauce! Interesting figs, should try next time i do something! Onion and garlic it's an easy win for me!
Too bad that seems difficult to have it in Italy, anyway kudos to LDHS!

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Wow- thanks Count! That's a tremendous compliment!
You are more than welcome. I know I REALLY like a sauce when I find myself thinking " what would go good with this sauce?" when I'm planning out our meals for the week. LDHS Black Label and HBD Choco Hab. are only two sauces I currently do this with, and I've got a lot of sauces in the fridge,

Not that this sauce needs another vote of confidence, but here it is. Lucky Dog Black Label is a seriously well balanced sauce, with sweet and hot balanced perfectly on the scales. I am always a fan of pepper blends as they bring such different styles of heat to the palate, and this one provides a subtle play on that theme.The texture in the entire LDHS quiver is quite fantastic.

I really want to make a Black Label Burger...it almost screams to be put on one.

Well done Lucky Dog.

Cheers.

When I first saw this thread, I ordered a couple bottles of Lucky Dog in the various flavors/heats. I want to comment on the Black Label.

Perhaps others with more sophisticated palettes will think I'm crazy - but I love El Yucateco XXX. If you feel, the same, listen here. Basically, Black Label is a fresher, tastier competitor to El Yucateco. Yes, you can buy El Yucateco for $1.50 if you know where, but Lucky Dog is well worth the up-charge if you want the real deal.

Goodbye El Yucateco, hello Lucky Dog.

6StringFire said:
When I first saw this thread, I ordered a couple bottles of Lucky Dog in the various flavors/heats. I want to comment on the Black Label.
Perhaps others with more sophisticated palettes will think I'm crazy - but I love El Yucateco XXX. If you feel, the same, listen here. Basically, Black Label is a fresher, tastier competitor to El Yucateco. Yes, you can buy El Yucateco for $1.50 if you know where, but Lucky Dog is well worth the up-charge if you want the real deal.
Goodbye El Yucateco, hello Lucky Dog.
Wow - as an El Yucateco fan myself I'm thrilled to have my sauce spoken of in those terms. Thanks a ton!
:cheers:

I was poking fun at someone who a while back said that no one read the reviews, sorry.  And thanks for reading and supporting our great saucemakers!

On another note, I happen to have a bottle of the NEW Purple Label and I am trying it tonight!  Stay tuned for the review.

Back