• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

OKGrowin- Newbie 5 gal pepper journey - Fin

finished nov 10 2014, last post

Hey i'm new here and my 2nd year growing peppers.

Grow list:
oRVROQe.png

Soilmix:
5-1-1
pine bark fines
perlite
coco or peat
+
dolomite lime

Fertilizer:
Dynagrow 9-3-6 Foliage pro

Indoor light (until they can go outside in april):
Sun system T5 4ft 8lamp

Containers:
1. solo cups
2. Viagrow 5gal bags

=====================================
Step 1 - Germination:
Got my seeds all in so i decided to soak them in some tea for an hour and now they are in ziploc bags
MQ1FsYP.jpg
Ehq24UK.jpg

Apparently i'm doing this shit well because damn these are the most beautiful plants i've seen.

look at the new growth at the nodes!

IMG_20140222_210724.jpg

IMG_20140222_210733.jpg

This choc hab(i think) has different leaf shape and is a little yellower, love it all the same
IMG_20140222_210843.jpg

IMG_20140222_210854.jpg

IMG_20140222_210625.jpg

I'm going to top some of them tonight and post pics.
The 1ft tall ones are starting with pods and have split into the traditional Pepper Y stem formation. I think the tallest ones are minibells or cayenes.

not too bad growth for ~ 7 weeks.

finished my trimming / topping. its kinda scary seeing all the hard work put into making those leaves just get thrown away... 
But it's better for higher yields / bushier plants in the long run, Easier to trim them now then when they are all tall and lanky in july / june.

IMG_20140303_213702.jpg

IMG_20140303_213536.jpg
IMG_20140303_213646.jpg

Your plants are going to be shrubs soon with all that trimming! I got six plant going on my desk is my Barracks room. Ha! Your desk plant is definitely a chinense. Did you plant any Red Habs? Looks like one...but impossible to tell for sure.

stc3248 said:
Your plants are going to be shrubs soon with all that trimming! I got six plant going on my desk is my Barracks room. Ha! Your desk plant is definitely a chinense. Did you plant any Red Habs? Looks like one...but impossible to tell for sure.
Yeah i trimmed one last week just to test it out and its already looking great.

I planted hab paper lantern, choc, and white. Could be one of them.

Great grow OK!

Everything looks excellent. Hey, quick question -- how far do you keep the T5 HO from your sprouts?

I think I will try using your mix next season, seems to be working well for ya!

AaronRiot said:
Everything looks excellent. Hey, quick question -- how far do you keep the T5 HO from your sprouts?
about 12-18", i'm not using the mix yet (it will go in my 5gals) this is a custom mix from berger.ca my local nursery uses. <,<

My plants are root bound have mostly stopped growing, 2 more weeks till i'll transplant. My dynagrow had crystals at the bottom which i researched is probably calcium. this explains why some of my plants have shriveled leaves. If i heat the bottle to 90° they will go back into the solution. Im going to do this tonight.

IMG_20140318_201214.jpg

IMG_20140318_201255.jpg

IMG_20140318_201234.jpg

OKGrowin said:
about 12-18"

Thanks man, cool OK I'm at about the same, was getting purpling on sprouts at 10 and less. Lucky you get to plant out in about two weeks, we have to wait til late May/June 1 up here. Long way to go yet!

Back