• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Oktoberfest Throwdown

FD4 - SWEET! I'm thinking that if you took that thing to Afghanistan and Iraq, it would all be over!!! :rofl:

No one would be certain if they were supposed to eat what got shot at them, or have sex with it!

Something is making me think of something I think I saw on one of those bizarre food shows......Fried Beer!

Now if I can perfect this techniques coupled with the perfect German Beer, I may just have this Throwdown all sowed up :D

So.....German food?

Just keep in mind what happened LAST time I got involved with a Greman dish.....;)

No. It did not say German food anywhere. :?:

Something is making me think of something I think I saw on one of those bizarre food shows......Fried Beer!

Now if I can perfect this techniques coupled with the perfect German Beer, I may just have this Throwdown all sowed up :D

:fire:

No speaky teh greeky. What's official? Spell it out for us....officially.

One app, one main course, both with German beer or German style beer as an ingredient. Pic of beer in a glass with the food in the presentation pic, and the bottle/can also so we can see the beer used.

Okay?
:)

Anything goes food-wise. This is an homage to Oktoberfest using German beer as a cooking ingredient, but you can do anything!

I've got a great idea. I'm thinking of taking a large can of beer, it looks like a little barrel (I'm not divulging the name), and make a beer butt turkey. For the side dish, I'm thinking of Sauerkraut stuffed peppers. Now THAT will be a winner!

I've got a great idea. I'm thinking of taking a large can of beer, it looks like a little barrel (I'm not divulging the name), and make a beer butt turkey. For the side dish, I'm thinking of Sauerkraut stuffed peppers. Now THAT will be a winner!
Okay someone can't read :). An app and a main course with beer! And does aroma qualify as an ingredient? No!

It does if you are also using a flavor injector to shoot in spices and the beer into the meat. For the app, if you add beer to the sauerkraut mixture. *Poof* You got a winner! :D

Zeesh....I gotta explain everything :crazy:

I just like messing with you.

And if the keg can is a Heineken I will laugh my ass off! :lol:

Non-German or German style beers will be disqualified! Know your beer! :)

Heineken is NOT quality beer my friend! I wouldn't waste my money cooking with THAT beer. Oh, no...the beer I have in mind I can't even pronounce. :lol:

One app, one main course, both with German beer or German style beer as an ingredient. Pic of beer in a glass with the food in the presentation pic, and the bottle/can also so we can see the beer used.

Okay?
:)

Anything goes food-wise. This is an homage to Oktoberfest using German beer as a cooking ingredient, but you can do anything!

So....basically darn near anything as long as it has beer in it.

This one is WIDE open!

I can't wait to see what people come up with...

So....basically darn near anything as long as it has beer in it.

This one is WIDE open!

I can't wait to see what people come up with...

Yes Paulky. You could do a reuben with German beer mustard and German beer battered deep fried pickles as an app if you wanted. Damn that sounds pretty good.

Need I say more? :rofl:

Hehe

Back