• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Oktoberfest Throwdown

We put things that cause us pain into our mouths, and even take videos. Do we need group therapy?

Nah.....

The PNW Posse is going to bring it, we are known for our micro brews. This is going to be spooky fun!
6.gif

see thats not fair

what you dont understand is that no marzen/oktoberfest or german style lager/bock beer can be brewed in 2 weeks, it takes longer than that for fermentation time, so therefore we are shit out of luck

I can brew a hefe in 2 weeks and cook with that though, but thats not really oktoberfest-ish

doesnt that just figure too, I just served the rest of my Eisbock I made at the homebrew festival I won first place at

ohh wait, im dumb, I have an altbier in the secondary right now, schweetness

but how to cook with a 9.5% altbier, hmmmmmmmm.....

I never let the % dictate what I'm going to make if I'm cooking with it - only the flavor. Keep in mind that the longer you cook it, the more alcohol evaporates, but the flavor will remain. Now if you're adding it after actually cooking with it, then you would potentially want to be cognizant of the %, depending upon who you're serving it to!

And, oh yeah....
see thats not fair
what you dont understand is that no marzen/oktoberfest or german style lager/bock beer can be brewed in 2 weeks, it takes longer than that for fermentation time, so therefore we are shit out of luck
No, what that means is we have a more even playing field. Waaa!

yes I understand how to cook with beer, I do it on a weekly basis :), I mean I havent worked in restaurants since I was 15 because I DONT like cooking

What that has to do with anything is beyond me. I dislike what I call "utility cooking" - the every day, we have to eat type of cooking. But this ain't that, and a challenge is a challenge. (... and I do enjoy a challenge!)

And who of us works in a restaurant, anyway?

what, crab cakes and lobster brats? :lol:

:Edit, this is JayT. My computer if F@#ked so I have hijacked Wheebz' for a minute:

This noob is going to jump on the TD wagon with thos one.beer and food,2 of my fav things :beer:
Once I return from work this after noon I shall make a entry in the SMACKTALK thread and flap my gums.happy cooking guys

allright JJ!
Glad you'll be there!
Go easy on the smack talk. It didn't work out so well for the last noob.

This one is a celebration, beer and food. No smack necessary. Just drunken sausagery!

Back