• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ol MAn STillmanz competition wings

The Wing comp is nearly upon us so thought I'd knockup a batch.
For our Fiery Wing Challenge I prefere to make my take on Southern fried chicken.
the wings are marinated in a blend of spice and chilli overnight then floured and left to sit for at least 2 hours to allow the flour to soak up the marinade.
then deep fried.
then they will be coated in our Quadrophonic wing sauce and served. heres a pic
I don't have any wing sauce made but this is whats in it.
DSCF3047.jpg

the wings on there own are delicious. you can double flour them if you want a bigger crust but I like them like this.

he's handed it in at the top of his game.
like Marco pier White.
Don't worry you will meet him on the night.
Anyway Nova with RS out you got a better chance of winning.

Mick, can you put a link or add deets of the event please? Time, place, address, etc?

Might have an eensy weensy conflict if it's held in the afternoon or early evening. Might have to turn up once you lot are all maggot faced.

RS

Who said anything about winning!! I am sure there are heaps of guys with tougher stomachs than myself.
I'll be lucky to make it through the first round, unless you offer an insane amount of prize money, lol.

It's getting verrrrry close :P

OK so Today we had the news paper lady come down take some piccys of a couple of the boys in our Fiery Wing Challenge.
So I thought I'd get a few snaps for the forum and my face book and stuff. We will probably get our web page up and running mid year and alot of this stuff will be going on there too.
Mods I have a thread in Cook offs and competitions if you think this thread should merge with that one by all means.
Any have a look at the pics tell me what you think. of the label and stuff do you like the trophy? and what about the coveralls?
the photos taken outside of our Takeaway. Do you like the banners in the window and the giant stickers?
and check out Mick Henderson eating a couple of the wings with some of the comp wing sauce, he gets a glow up.
Sorry Nova.

DSCF3332.jpg

the trophy

DSCF3333.jpg

the Quadrophonic Wing sauce.
NAgas, Fataliis, 7 pots and scorpions, vinegar, lime, brown sugar salt,and spice .

DSCF3319.jpg

long shot of the gang out side the shop.

DSCF3309.jpg

Mick Henderson, who wants that trophy very badly and will be hard to beat on the day.

DSCF3313.jpg

my kitchen hand Bob is in the comp too but Micky has made it clear... he hasn't got a chance but will melt down like a star.

DSCF3340.jpg

we let Mick have ago at the wings

DSCF3334.jpg

he was impressed with the burn.

DSCF3342.jpg

but still feels supremely confident lol.

Remember round two is hotter....lol

ROFL...... Awsome this should be a ANUUAL event with much more promotion !
If you want help to luanch one in NSW - I would be happy to help and get involved !
Mick great job on all marketing material looks " hot " - Bit of media attention up there obviously ! Exposure is genius idea ! Weel done mate !

Love the trophy Stillz and the pics are great.....

And the label on the comp bottles are pretty bloody good as well....

thought you'd like that THP, were on a really busy road and everyone sees our sticker and your banner good plugs for all.
The comp is being fairly heavily plugged by lovcal papers and should get on radio. It looks set to be an annual event as part of the Blue water festival. (An Easter festival colminating in a massive yacht race on good friday.)
We are also cutting a promo video to approach local pubs in Brisbane to hold the comps every few months.
Also Horrible Haggiss of the Redback chilli co and THSFFF in Victoria is very keen to get us down torun one at his festival.
I thought the orange coveralls were a nice touch lol.

Looking fanbloodytabulous Mick, the wax seals on the bottles look cool too. Seems like the media is eating it up- thats great for all involved :P

Back