• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Ol MAn STillmanz competition wings

The Wing comp is nearly upon us so thought I'd knockup a batch.
For our Fiery Wing Challenge I prefere to make my take on Southern fried chicken.
the wings are marinated in a blend of spice and chilli overnight then floured and left to sit for at least 2 hours to allow the flour to soak up the marinade.
then deep fried.
then they will be coated in our Quadrophonic wing sauce and served. heres a pic
I don't have any wing sauce made but this is whats in it.
DSCF3047.jpg

the wings on there own are delicious. you can double flour them if you want a bigger crust but I like them like this.

Stilly ya'll Aussie's 'shore do know how to throw down a party. This Texan wishin' he was gettin' down brown with ya'll.

Cheers, TB.

I got a phonecall from an english guy who is or was the world record holder for drinking tabasco. He wants to be in the comp. He's going to bring his guinewss certifacate and stuff. I said he can come and open the event by eating a tablespoon of the Quadrophonic. Hopefully he comes through. Crazy lol

stillmanz said:
I got a phonecall from an english guy who is or was the world record holder for drinking tabasco. He wants to be in the comp. He's going to bring his guinewss certifacate and stuff. I said he can come and open the event by eating a tablespoon of the Quadrophonic. Hopefully he comes through. Crazy lol

Thats awesome. I would assume he would have a lot higher vinegar tolerance, rather than chilli, as tabasco seems to just make my gut rot these days.

yep glad he dosn't want to scull a bottle of the Quadraphonic lol.
And my mates the Clowns are locked in those guys aren great.

Mick

stillmanz said:

Publicity ++ - Nice one Mick !

I have also posted on my site in the COMPS and REVIEWS !!- http://www.chilliseedbank.com.au/id68.html - need more info.

stillmanz said:

Get his ass there Mick that would be choice.

the chicken is ordered
the marinade is made
the sauce is labelled
the decs/ waivers are printed
the trophy is wanting a new home
the guinness tabasco drinking champion is confirmed
(3 x 120 ml tabasco in 22 seconds from the bottle)
the competitors are shitting them selves lol

the rules
First round 3 wings with 90 ml Quadraphonic
second round 2 wings 50 mls quadraphonic 40 mls Quadraphenia(quads bigger uglier brother....)
No liquids
contestants can quit at any point.
in case of a draw in the second round a winner for the comp will be the person (still in the challenge)who ate their wings the fastest in the 1st round.
so speed is an element.

My stomach is trembling in anticipation, my eyes are blurry with happiness (beer does that) and my brain is saying "WTF have you got yourself into".
I am getting rather excited about the trip to Brizvegas as my flight leaves tomorrow and the comp is on the next day.

Can anyone say "CANT BLOODY WAIT" :P

Back