On Cutlery ...

Check on both these...

2) Sharpen it by hand on ceramic or diamond "whetstones".
3) Use a ceramic specific home electric sharpener such as the Chef's Choice Model 700. These use diamond sharpening media which is necessary to cut the KNASA edge. We recommend a very light touch (i.e. don't grind off a lot of material).
Our testing shows dramatically extended sharpening intervals, which will, of course, vary from user to user depending on factors specific to your use and the quality and type of your steel knives.

IG

IMG_7015.PNG

That. Was. Easy.

http://www.doghouseforge.com/boning-knives/dhf-55-inch-boning-knife-b-001

Thanks, great timing ...

Needed it yesterday, will need it even more next month for the bigger brisket ...

Cheers! :cheers:

JoynersHotPeppers said:
That looks like my knife I use to filet fish or remove the skin from store bought. 

That's the one I have/use now ... I don't love it ... and yesterday I opted out of using it and instead used the KNASA knife ... but it was huge and unwieldy and I cut the shit out of the tops of two fingers when it came through the meat faster than I expected ...

Super sharp ... but then, as the meat warmed ... the width or height, however you describe it, of the blade ... made for WAY TOO MUCH friction once the fat was sticky AF ...

Anyways ...

All set now, I guess, LOL ...

Booma's knife it will be ... thanks to 1010.

tctenten said:
Were they still 25% off I hope. That clever looks badass.

Yeah ...

25% off, free shipping, and while I didn't notice where it said Florida, you mentioned that (which means it'll come quickly once made or whatever - says expect within 2 weeks) ...

I buy a lot of Indie stuff around the holidays ... makes me feel good ...

I bought a box of stuff from some Indians that stettoman posted the other week ... I get the holiday feels ...

Mostly I didn't feel like reading knife reviews on the knife sites this morning, and this option (handmade) gets me out of that for this one! :D

Reading people talk about knives is: :crazy:

CAPCOM said:
Added a 8" Kiritsuke to the collection. https://shun.kaiusaltd.com/knives/knife/premier-kiritsuke-8-in
This thing is going to get out of hand. I thought I could get by with 5 - 9 blades.       NOT!
I want the whole line.
I am staying just this side of unaffordable and getting such amazing cutlery!
Been using the shit out of them and the edge is not even a question mark yet.
Dang you are on a roll brother, keep it going  :)

Back