On Cutlery ...

859880e2c87b95c87dd225a236084922.jpg

670e21df65d4e3c4f713fc52f18e9869.jpg

59831b556c0a88ac3804f2718a66fcdf.jpg

I'm going to use it tomorrow, for the 1st time, as I'll be trimming up another rack of plate ribs ...

tctenten told me Booma had just posted some knives from them, when I mentioned needing a boning knife, and it just worked out right (the timing etc) ...

Feels nice in the hand ... very heavy ...

Ashen said:
are you happy with the patina it has or will develop  or are you going to try to do a forced patina on it?   

I plan to just use it until it seems to not be sharp, and then send it in to him for maintenance ...

Since he's in Florida, I think I recall ...

The new Doghouse Forge boning was nice to use ...

It wasn't particularly sharp ... it was similarly sharp ...

What it was though, was comfortable ...

I worked on trimming a pair of racks of plate ribs for 45-50 mins with it, and my forearm and hand never got tired, and no cramping ...

The larger handle was kind of dreamy, and yeah, sure - it's sharp ...

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Not sharp? Great looking nice almost reminds me one my dad has with the handle being that from a whitetail antler. 

Sharp ... not anything especially sharp, like some other blades I've received of late that were designed to be that way in particular ...

The KNASA knife in particular comes to mind ... that knife came scary sharp ...

I'd pick a sharp knife with a comfortable grip/handle over a damn-sharp knife with a less-awesome grip knife for THAT activity *EVERY TIME* ...

grantmichaels said:
The new Doghouse Forge boning was nice to use ...

It wasn't particularly sharp ... it was similarly sharp ...

What it was though, was comfortable ...

I worked on trimming a pair of racks of plate ribs for 45-50 mins with it, and my forearm and hand never got tired, and no cramping ...

The larger handle was kind of dreamy, and yeah, sure - it's sharp ...

you trimmed those ribs in 50 minutes? no wonder it took you three days to cook them......  :rofl:
i kid i kid. nice looking knife

Serrated knife update. America's Test Kitchen got this one right for sure. It glides through bread, tomatoes and anything else you want to throw at it. If you are looking for the best bang for your buck look no further !

I bought the Mercer from Amazon and used all day yesterday in the kitchen. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWewefvCZXM

I just ordered 3 - we'll try them out and see if I still prefer the offset serrated.  Thanks for the post SR!  :)

SmokenFire said:
I just ordered 3 - we'll try them out and see if I still prefer the offset serrated.  Thanks for the post SR!   :)
I will be looking forward to your comparison especially with breads. 

Back