• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

One pepper everyone has to try

Jase4224 said:
Interesting, I have always grown individual basil plants (from one seed) and all have grown bushy. Many varieties too.

Perhaps you could try topping your basil lol
To be honest, i just grown 1 basil (greek small basil) myself. I normally buy them in spring. 

I tought you always have to grown many plants together to get a bush, because the stores do it this way.

But i guess they do it to be faster. Thats a good tip with the "topping", thanks. where do you "top" first?

Jase4224 said:
Interesting, I have always grown individual basil plants (from one seed) and all have grown bushy. Many varieties too.

Perhaps you could try topping your basil lol
yes my basil plants get real bushy but I'm pinching them all the time. :)

Actually I've never topped my basil I was just kidding haha only pick individual leaves for use as I grow the massive (and extremely tasty) elephant ear variety. I love it.

Apologies for hijacking the thread..

+1 yellow 7pot

Arribibi Gusano from Bolivia is one that I would recommend - ~150 K SHU with a unique citrusy flavor.  It's also very prolific and would be a good sauce maker.

When you slice this small pepper that resembles a caterpillar shape, you can pick up the scent on the other side of the house.

Bob_B said:
Arribibi Gusano from Bolivia is one that I would recommend - ~150 K SHU with a unique citrusy flavor.  It's also very prolific and would be a good sauce maker.

When you slice this small pepper that resembles a caterpillar shape, you can pick up the scent on the other side of the house.
That pepper sounds great. I might have to put that on my grow list.

+ 1 on the Brazilian Starfish, not hot really, but great tasting pepper.

Love the aroma of a queen Laurie, c baccatum that reminds me of dreamsicle. Might take some thinking on how to make a sauce for it though.

Back