• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

P-Son's "mild to wild" Manscaping prohibited!!

After a couple nudging pm's it is time to get things rolling...well, get a list situated atleast. I won't be starting my seeds until March 1 this season. This list is subject to change, and I'm betting it will before I'm done typing. My two goals this season are 1.) Take less pics and better quality 2.)Sow later and achieve similar yields. My germination techniques and set up are not inspirational or extravagant so the bulk of my updates will be after early june plant out. Fert apllication and medium are changing a tiny bit but staying simple with it.

c.annuum
Big Jim
Elefant
Giant Aconcagua
Goat's Weed
Jimmy Nardello
Mucho Nacho
Purple Pequin

c.baccatum
Aji Cristal
Birgit's Locoto (growdown)
Yellow Bouquet

c.frutescens
Boonie
GRIF9265
Jindungo
Lombok
Malagueta
Ndungu

c.pubescens
Canario
Brown Rocoto
Dino Pod
Rocoto Largo San Isidro
Turbo Pube
White Manzano

c.chinense
7 Pot Congo SR
7 Pot Primo Orange
7 Pot Primo Red
7 Pot Primo Yellow
7 Pot Red Brain
7 Pot Yellow
Armageddon F-2
Bahamian Goat
Bhut Jolokia Indian Carbon (overwinter)
Bode Roxa
Black Naga
Butch T (overwinter)
Carolina Reaper
Douglah (overwinter)
Fatalii
Giant Twisted Chocolate Habanero
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Red
Jay's Ghost Scorpion Peach
Not Black Naga Mean Red Spiky Cross
Not Infinity Yellow Cross
Peach Scorpion
Red FDA Scotch Bonnet
Spikes F-1
TFM Scotch Bonnet
Red Tree Hab

wilds
CAP 1144
CAP 1530 c.cardenasii
CGN 19198 c.sp
c.buforum
c.ciliatum
Cumari Parana
Cumari Verdareira
c.exile-chacoense-cobincho
c.eximium
c.flexuosum
c.galapagoense
Huge Rocopica (pube x card)
c.lanceolatum
Mata Frade
Parvifolium
c.tovarii

Now for the good stuff.... 70's style! These are some old and new pics of the pubes and wilds I have growing currently.

eximium and cardenasii
RSCN0307.jpg

NIKONL810004.jpg

tovarii and galapagoense
RSCN0569.jpg

RSCN0303.jpg

flexuosum
RSCN0299.jpg

c lanceolatum.... Holy Grail stuff!!! After 47 days I sowed my last couple seeds in a last ditch effort. 9 or 10 days later and this guy hooks. I'm over the moon...that is until I see the seed hull hanging on. Really?? So what do you do when only 1 sprouts out of your 7 seeds and it has a helmet head? Surgery ensued! I weaseled the pinhead sized casing off and everything looked nice and green but in a few hours it started looking rough. Fingers crossed for now. Excuse the cell phone picture here.
2013-02-03_10-40-10_380.jpg

Pubes
2012-12-29_22-15-48_522.jpg

RSCN0573-1.jpg

RSCN0629.jpg

RSCN0648.jpg

:shocked: You take really great pictures. Wow.

Quite a grow list! Lots of 'wilds' I noticed. Looking forward to seeing you at work again this year!

You still waiting on your Rhombs to pop?

Yes! We will be talking soon hah..
Amazing pics and excellent list

Thanks for the compliments.
Beatiful plants and fabulous pics Prodigal! Pube envy!

Mike

Hey Mike, I've been enjoying your skate pics. Looking forward to the dragonfly shots that are soon to come!

:shocked: You take really great pictures. Wow.

Quite a grow list! Lots of 'wilds' I noticed. Looking forward to seeing you at work again this year!

Andy, good to see you here. I am loving the wilds! The photography and gardening hobbies go well together,and I am making an attempt to learn how to use a camera properly,and not just take pics until one turns out good.

You owe the people an update man ;)
okie dokie

Still not much going on here,a few more wilds are popping and I did get my main grow started. All those plants are tiny or just popping,but I do have some that I started alittle bit earlier that are doing ok so far.

This is a yellow 7 that I am pretty pumped about. I know what you are thinking zzzzzzzzzzzz yellow 7. A friend of mine sent me pods last year for these and they were absolutely perfect,the size of a racquet ball too. Hope these are my go to yellow for good. This guy is 16 days from first going in dirt and holding no prisoners!
RSCN1463.jpg

These are some different bonnet types from PIC1. As he would say "one foot on the gas and one on the break".
RSCN1405.jpg

RSCN1439.jpg

Very young 7 pot primo from the main grow that just popped up. Last year i had some with 3 cots also.
DSCN1282-1.jpg

jindungo...a c.frutescens
RSCN1416.jpg

This is a birgit's locoto for the "growdown". This one is getting alittle leggy,not a bad thing in this case.
RSCN1458.jpg

Woo-hoo, yippy skippy...I need another beer!!! :drunk: Great shots, I know you are very humble about your camera skills...but you needn't be! WOW! :woohoo: I still maintain that Birgits is a trouble maker and should be burned...but that's your call I suppose! :liar:

How are the C. Flexuosums coming? Really interested in checking that bad boy out!

CGN19198 c.sp Pumped about this guy!
RSCN1432.jpg

Some new pubescen additions... These guys have no chance for this year hah. Overwinters for sure
RSCN1444.jpg

purple pequin
RSCN1431-1.jpg

Maui purple
DSCN1409.jpg

fish pepper, these seeds are Kevin's stock via Jamie. Sweet looking plant that these seeds came from.
RSCN1430.jpg

canario flower
RSCN0855.jpg

Hey Shane, here is some nectar for you!
RSCN0883.jpg

Those babies look so nice and warm and tanned. Good stuff!
Thanks Noah. How is the baby doing?
Woo-hoo, yippy skippy...I need another beer!!! :drunk: Great shots, I know you are very humble about your camera skills...but you needn't be! WOW! :woohoo: I still maintain that Birgits is a trouble maker and should be burned...but that's your call I suppose! :liar:

How are the C. Flexuosums coming? Really interested in checking that bad boy out!

Glad to see you are relaxing brother. You are like the energizer bunny!! I feel like a "never ready" battery right now. Loooong day.

really nice pictures, P-son. and your seedlings are looking very healthy.
Thanks for stopping in. A lot of good folks have helped me. This is the best part of the grow and most difficult. Once they get rolling and get outside it is smooth sailing.

Love the pics brother!
Those must be some badass lights to tan dem babies like that! :cool:

Kevin

I was like 90% of everyone else when I saw them purple up like that. Thought I was killing them. I probably drove Greg batty I'm sure. As long as it's just alittle color I leave them go,if they show signs of stress I will raise them up and lower them back down gradually. My t8's I have 1 or 2 inches above the leaves. With this light I wouldn't even think of it.

That cgn19198 is one cool looking little sprout! Takes a couple years for pods right??? Cool stuff you got going...and that Canario Nectar photo looks sweet! Going to be such a fun one to watch here...so much unique stuff you got me using all my google ninja skills!

Awesome updates and varieties. Im looking forward to see how far your pubes go this year :) Every thing is looking o get a healthy start over there this season.

Looking good, John. Did it take a while to sprout the CGN19198?

It hooked in 12 days. Only waiting on a couple wilds now and we should be off and running. Good to see you Stefan.

Awesome updates and varieties. Im looking forward to see how far your pubes go this year :) Every thing is looking o get a healthy start over there this season.

Long time no see Britt! Is the balcony filling in yet for you? I have a few pubes that are ready to get outside,the youngsters I started a bit too late. If they don't produce I will cut them back and try again next year.

Purdy flowers. Reminds me I need to drop some random seeds out front in the actual flower bed. The bulb plants need to have some competition.

Fantastic start P-son. Wonderful pics, that double Douglah is badass. Overwinters are looking antsy lol they're going to be in beast mode once you get them outside!

Back