• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Penny's Glog....sort of :)

Hey everyone,

I've been posting away in other people's Glogs, and I thought it was time to show off my gardens, so its not really so much of a Glog as it is pics....if this is in the wrong spot, please feel free to move it to the appropriate spot Mods...

HillBilly Jeff said:
Looking like tomato-ville for you this summer.  One of these days I need to experiment with maters, but I am too straight laced in that part of my gardening.  Hope yours do great.

If you change your mind, let me know. ;)

Thanks for the tomato seed germinating tip, Penny. 
I'll give that a try under my T5HO lights!

Alright!

I see you're getting close to starting up, can't wait to see how things go!

Those snow pics remind me of growing up in NY, miss it but don't :shh:

Have Happy New Year!

Penny said:
Ok pepper guru's....question for you all. :dance: .....I see that in some Glogs and other posts, people soak their seeds before planting, I've never done that ever myself, but are there certain seeds that should be soaked to help germination? If so, which ones? ;)

I didn't get a darn thing done yesterday, I ended up with my 2 1/2 month old grandson for the day, Natalie was sick with a nasty flu, Dan (son in law) was at work, and Brad had to go into our shop to do some work, so my seed planting was put on hold, so that's why I thought I would post this question before I start. :dance:

Like I said, in the past I have never ever soaked a seed, and I've had pretty good success, but wasn't sure if there are some that should be. ;) .....thanks everyone.
I'm still new to growing from seed, but for my starts this year I've done both and had both sprout. I've soaked some in a weak chamomile tea solution, soaked in straight water and just thrown dry seeds in jiffy pellets to see if they would sprout and had good results each time. Only time I had bad results was due to operator error (I left the germ station outside uncovered when the temps were too low for good results). 

Penny said:
Ok pepper guru's....question for you all. :dance: .....I see that in some Glogs and other posts, people soak their seeds before planting, I've never done that ever myself, but are there certain seeds that should be soaked to help germination? If so, which ones? ;)

I didn't get a darn thing done yesterday, I ended up with my 2 1/2 month old grandson for the day, Natalie was sick with a nasty flu, Dan (son in law) was at work, and Brad had to go into our shop to do some work, so my seed planting was put on hold, so that's why I thought I would post this question before I start. :dance:

Like I said, in the past I have never ever soaked a seed, and I've had pretty good success, but wasn't sure if there are some that should be. ;) .....thanks everyone.

+1 on Paul's comment... it chiefly seems to soften the seed coat to presoak. Some, like the Manzano, don't seem to like presoaking, but my Chinense varieties seemed to do OK with it this past growing season. If you have a decent seed starting mix and bury the seeds deep enough, but not too deep, and give them enough warmth and water you shouldn't have any problems with germing your seeds.

Grow, grow, grow... ;)

My gosh, they are certainly taking their time getting there, hopefully they show for you then on Saturday! :dance:

You'll like them all, all favorites from my garden.....and right about now, they'd taste pretty damn good since all of mine that I froze ;) , are used up, and I've had to resort to canned.......yuck!! :mope:

Penny said:
You'll like them all, all favorites from my garden.....and right about now, they'd taste pretty damn good since all of mine that I froze ;) , are used up, and I've had to resort to canned.......yuck!! :mope:
Ok,if you say its good,then its got to be good,can't wait! :D :D

Happy New Year everyone :dance: .....I managed to get some seeds sowed today, here are some pics and the list...so far. ;)  ;)  ;)

Its a mixture of tomatoes and peppers....

calabresse marzetto pepper x2
mrs maxwells pink beefsteak tomato
7 pot yellow pepper
green Serrano pepper
Coeur de beouf tomato
indigo rose blue tomato....trial
kardia karpos red f5 tomato.....trial
sweet paprika pepper
big orange from amuz tomato
black seaman tomato
Hungarian tomato pepper
hot paper lantern habanero pepper
aji omnicolor pepper
petite Marseille pepper
esplette pepper
amish paste tomato
pink tiger pepper x2
aji pineapple pepper x2
black pearl pepper
bugarian tomato
Croatian bullheart tomato
jimmy nardello pepper
Egyptian tomato
Oregon spring tomato
McClintocks big pink tomato

That's all for today.......but there will be more. :dance:

Very nice setup Penny,and that's an awesome list you got there with some awesome peppers ;)
those are a lot of tomatoes too,never heard of aal of them lol,can't wait ! Good luck with the season! :D

Late to Party but I <3 those 6x6 hemlock timbers <drool><drool>.
I use 1x4 yellow pine crating scrap because it's cheap as in free. But will only go  3-4 years I'm guessing. 
Beautiful garden and snow.
Happy New Pepper Year! Best Salsa Wishes for '14

Looks great Penny.

Those  tomatoes will be fruiting in a few months or less. Do you have some powerful lights for them? Surely you can't put them outside in Canada in March or Apr.

Back