• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest Pepper Ridge Farm vs. JoeyK

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
BATTLE ROYALE US vs. AUS

Pepper Ridge Farm (Reigning Champ) vs. JoeyK (Challenger)

Throwdown: Pie, sweet or savory

Rules:
You must create a pie. The focus is on the pie, no side dishes unless it is necessary for the meal.

Proof of Life = .40 (coins in one picture totaling the amount)

You may post as many teaser pics, and progress pics as you want.

You must create one official entry post with a name for your creation, ingredients, cooking methods, and TWO MAX presentation pics! Choose the best. If you wish to add more pics make sure you do so in unofficial entry posts before your final post.

Must have a hot pepper ingredient.

Those are the rules. If you have questions please get together with your competitor to figure it out.

Begin!

ENDS Sunday 10 pm EDT

Hey Joey I originally said I would do this on Sunday because I am fishing tomorrow but going to do this Friday afternoon sorry. I just picked some maters and some Biker Billy Jalapenos and here is a teaser of the hot pepper ingredient of my "pie". Best of luck Joey your going to need it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
IMG_5070.jpg

All Right! Cappy's hitting it straight out of the gate! First Post 42 Min after the official start.

Layered the stuffed jalapenos and sprinkled with chorizo and and homegrown tomato, then another layer of stuffed jalapeno with chorizo and pepper jack and then the bacon. :hell: In the oven @ 350F for 45 minutes...
IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_5095.jpg

IMG_5097.jpg

IMG_5099.jpg

IMG_5101.jpg

Biker Billy Popper Pie

Ingredients:

pie crust
Jalapenos
bacon
tomatoes
pepper jack cheese
chorizo
cream cheese
taco season

Cooking Method:

Made stuffing mixture with cream cheese, shredded pepper jack cheese, and taco seasoning. Mixed well. Sliced Biker Billy and de-seeded. Made crust rolled out and placed in pie pan, heated to lightly brown. Cooked chorizo then cooked bacon, not all the way done. Sliced tomatoes, shredded rest of pepper jack cheese, and stuffed jalapenos. Arranged poppers in pie crust and topped with chorizo, sliced tomatoes, and pepper jack cheese. Repeat but instead of tomatoes the pie is topped with crossed bacon and baked @ 350F for 45 minutes.

This is so darn good I really amazed myself with this jalapeno pie. It sliced very well and and stayed together, the first bite was popper heaven, not scorching hot but just right. The Biker Billy popper pie is pure awesomeness if I do say so myself. Thanks for your votes at the end of the month, JoeyK's good luck. :cheers:
IMG_5114.jpg

IMG_5119.jpg

Just unbelievable after I submitted my pie I went down to the boat and turned some lights on turned on the a/c and popped a beer and walked a couple boats down to talk fish stories with friends. All of a sudden I hear somebody yelling my name on the dock and there is an electrical fire on my boat. Called 911 and emptied all the fire extinguisher I had but could not find the source of the fire with all the black smoke. Took the fire trucks twenty minutes to get to the dock and figure out how to get their hose down to the boat. By that time the black smoke had caught fire and the boat is a total loss. Just fished her on Wednesday and now all I smell like is black smoot. Grabbed our tackel and the line was melted on the reels. Just cannot belive what just happened almost at a loss for words. Everybody is home safe my fishing days are over. :(

Holy crap man, that sucks so bad I can't even put it in words. Hopefully ya had some insurance. If theres anything I can do to lend a hand to get ya back on the water let me know man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back