• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter's 2016 Grow

I'm still working out my grow list, and will start most of my seeds in a couple weeks. I have started a few early, and have some growing in hydro and potting mix. Here are four over winters from this past year; 7-Pot Rennie Chocolate, Devil's Heart, Bahamian Goat and Peach Bhut.

qPfZvFul.jpg

Most recent pic of my hydro setup. Maxibloom nutes under 400 watt CMH. I'm going to probably switch to Masterblend/Calcium Nitrate/Epsom Salt blend at some point when the Maxi runs out. This is mostly for starting, I'm going to setup 2 buckets with one plant each that I'll try to grow out larger.

There's a mix of BBM, Caramel Moruga, Jamacian Hot Choc., Hot Fingers and Large Orange Thai currently.

pxYvYpXl.jpg

Here're two that I took out recently and transplanted to potting mix.

The one on the left is Caramel Moruga Scorpion, and other is Jamaican Hot Chocolate. The JHC is about a week behind the C. Moruga.

vYFO3sHl.jpg

The C. Moruga is in a Rapid Rooter plug
9uYU0qVl.jpg

The J. Hot Choc. is in rock wool.
t2kYlUGl.jpg

After transplant.
J9g1RCrl.jpg

Here're a couple that'll go into the hydro bucket soon. These are growing under my cheap Wal-mart LED bulbs. They seem to work well for the sprouts.

Genghis Khan's Brain
s9ZzeFDl.jpg

Peach Bhut
qCC02Bhl.jpg

So far what I've started and/or have germinating as of now is:
Big Black Mama
Caramel Moruga Scorpion
Jamaican Hot Choc.
Hot Fingers
Large Orange Thai
Peach Bhut
Genghis Khan's Brain
Superhot Beast
Trinidad Hornet
Monkey Nipples
Sarit Gat
Choc BrainStrain
Apocalypse Scorpion
Reaper
Orange Thai SSE
Unknown Reaper X
I Scream Scorpion
Butch T Scorpion
Chocolate Primo Reaper
BTR Scorpion
Sugar Rush Peach
Mayan Love Pepper
MA Wartyx Variant
Kraken Scorpion
Bhut Assam

Oh, I got this the other day too, to help monitor the nutes. I didn't realize how big this thing was until I got it. From seeing product pics, I thought it would be ink pen size. I like it a lot.

VxnUtQql.jpg

Devv said:
You're right the poop gives their location away. I hate them really bad!
So far I've only found four, three the day I shot the video, and one more on one of my in ground plants. Hopefully it was just a few passing through.

I usually keep an eye out for a week or so after finding one, as they tell their "friends" so to speak.

3 or 4 is the most I've found i a season. But dang they are hungry beasts!

wow Peter, thats a jungle! I'm just coming to realize how much processing you have ahead of you.
that JPGS is Awesome! How old was it when you switched it to the big kratky? have you peeked at the nutrient consumption on those big plants?
great job. Your and MattGarvers grows are really inspiring.

Thanks! I haven't peeked, going to let it role until season end. I do check the weight periodically by barely trying to lift them. The only one I have to worry about is the Carbonero. I was only able to fill it less than half way since it was going from a smaller Kratky setup to a larger one and the air roots were pretty long. Filling it up would have drowned the plant. That one is getting low, so I've been adding small amounts to it every few days to carry it through until the pods ripen. The others I can't even budge yet. As far as the age. I can't remember exactly how it is, I think I started it early around late November - December timeframe. It was in the small water culture setup for probably too long. The growth exploded once it had room for the roots to grow.

Awesome plants and great looking pods all over that jungle Peter. Looks like you'll be busy picking those pods pretty soon. Cheers.

I have to agree, quite the jungle you have growing there ;)

The plants are never too close together unless they do well, I see you have that problem :dance:

Good job this season and you will be a "busy boy" very soon!

Update on my peppers from this weekend. I shot the video right after coming home from a week long vacation. A few plants got some damage after falling over, but I think are okay. Also, while I was gone, the power had gone out, and when it came back on, the circuit that had my grow light and air pumps tripped. So those plants were without light and oxygen for a few days. They were still alive, and I think they will recover.

https://youtu.be/xCsgdlR3S04

I had that happen while we was at the dells. Got a notification of a power outtage, battery in my digital timer was dead. Lights, fans and filters stayed off for several days. Plants where ready to harvest but instead completly molded. Not to mention I could smell it as soon as I pulled in the driveway. Was pretty upsetting.

Neel said:
Looking good, hope the indoor plants recover well. Are you going to do a review of the jamaican hot chocolate?
Thanks. I did a review on the Jamaican Hot Chocolate a few weeks ago. It was one of the first that I had ripe.
http://thehotpepper.com/topic/61053-jamaican-hot-chocolate-pod-test/
D3monic said:
I had that happen while we was at the dells. Got a notification of a power outtage, battery in my digital timer was dead. Lights, fans and filters stayed off for several days. Plants where ready to harvest but instead completly molded. Not to mention I could smell it as soon as I pulled in the driveway. Was pretty upsetting.
Damn, that sucks. Fortunately mine wasn't fruiting. I had actually pruned them back a bunch before I left, maybe that helped I don't know. It had probably been off 5 or 6 days.

Back