• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter's 2016 Grow

I'm still working out my grow list, and will start most of my seeds in a couple weeks. I have started a few early, and have some growing in hydro and potting mix. Here are four over winters from this past year; 7-Pot Rennie Chocolate, Devil's Heart, Bahamian Goat and Peach Bhut.

qPfZvFul.jpg

Most recent pic of my hydro setup. Maxibloom nutes under 400 watt CMH. I'm going to probably switch to Masterblend/Calcium Nitrate/Epsom Salt blend at some point when the Maxi runs out. This is mostly for starting, I'm going to setup 2 buckets with one plant each that I'll try to grow out larger.

There's a mix of BBM, Caramel Moruga, Jamacian Hot Choc., Hot Fingers and Large Orange Thai currently.

pxYvYpXl.jpg

Here're two that I took out recently and transplanted to potting mix.

The one on the left is Caramel Moruga Scorpion, and other is Jamaican Hot Chocolate. The JHC is about a week behind the C. Moruga.

vYFO3sHl.jpg

The C. Moruga is in a Rapid Rooter plug
9uYU0qVl.jpg

The J. Hot Choc. is in rock wool.
t2kYlUGl.jpg

After transplant.
J9g1RCrl.jpg

Here're a couple that'll go into the hydro bucket soon. These are growing under my cheap Wal-mart LED bulbs. They seem to work well for the sprouts.

Genghis Khan's Brain
s9ZzeFDl.jpg

Peach Bhut
qCC02Bhl.jpg

So far what I've started and/or have germinating as of now is:
Big Black Mama
Caramel Moruga Scorpion
Jamaican Hot Choc.
Hot Fingers
Large Orange Thai
Peach Bhut
Genghis Khan's Brain
Superhot Beast
Trinidad Hornet
Monkey Nipples
Sarit Gat
Choc BrainStrain
Apocalypse Scorpion
Reaper
Orange Thai SSE
Unknown Reaper X
I Scream Scorpion
Butch T Scorpion
Chocolate Primo Reaper
BTR Scorpion
Sugar Rush Peach
Mayan Love Pepper
MA Wartyx Variant
Kraken Scorpion
Bhut Assam

Oh, I got this the other day too, to help monitor the nutes. I didn't realize how big this thing was until I got it. From seeing product pics, I thought it would be ink pen size. I like it a lot.

VxnUtQql.jpg

Video update on my garden, well most of it.
I've been slack about posting pics. Here are a few recent ones.

Trinidad Dog Brown
QINHcyZl.jpg

RH0LMptl.jpg

Chocolate Lightning Mustard Hab
tKTRkWzl.jpg

xOYAsIzl.jpg

Paper Lantern mixed with West Indies Red Hab
8j4eGhjl.jpg

Aji Charapita
WlyQA8kl.jpg

duGe9cCl.jpg

KAHFxY5l.jpg

Kpakpo Shito x BBG7 (I think)
viabej2l.jpg

JPGS
Hk3GkmPl.jpg

JPGS and Peach Bhut
AcDBMLVl.jpg

Video of my AeroGardens, the larger one is loaded with way too many peppers, but they seem to be doing okay. The roots have filled the entire reservoir. I switched the from the AG nutes to Masterblend, will update how that does in a couple of weeks. I have an older AeroGarden beside that is full of herbs.
Few recent pics

Cereja da Amapa
ldYRBmTh.jpg

CyQ2EBDh.jpg

Orange Thai SSE
v7nPlU7h.jpg

Aji Charapita
4pNu0kPh.jpg

Sugar Rush Peach
4w0NxKah.jpg

Trinidad Hornet
mr2XJNch.jpg

Bhutlah Brown SLP
XFNz6p9h.jpg

Chocolate Primo Reaper
ugRZA6Eh.jpg

Bolsa de Dulce
9WUTFj9h.jpg

BBM
0UueRmRh.jpg

Jay's Red Ghost Scorpio (off pheno)
2In9mC0h.jpg

Tien Tsin peppers at work
zSZZk5Fh.jpg

YKmaVzoh.jpg

Hey, Peter!  Just trying to catch up on the last month or so -

Wow, pods in your aerogarden!  That's awesome.

Your grow is phenomenal this season, brother.  Really great pods
coming forth.  That Chocolate Primo Reaper looks like a tornado!

PaulG said:
Hey, Peter!  Just trying to catch up on the last month or so -

Wow, pods in your aerogarden!  That's awesome.

Your grow is phenomenal this season, brother.  Really great pods
coming forth.  That Chocolate Primo Reaper looks like a tornado!
Thanks Paul! I'm going to get caught on your glog now. I'm way behind the ones I follow.
There is some buzz going around the Internet about the abnormally high alleged value of the Aji Charapita peppers. I don't think it's true, but thought I'd share this short harvest video since there is such a spike in interest. If the false prospect of a pepper gold mine still draws peoples interest to peppers, that's still a good thing. I need a few more, and I'll make a jelly with these. I'll probably produce a jelly making video using these peppers also. It'll have Charapita peppers, lemons, sugar, pectin and maybe some honey. Going to call it 'Lemon Bomb'.

https://youtu.be/3hXCTTa1UcE

I hear you, Peter, I'm just starting to scratch the surface
of the grow logs this season - short days make that easier!

Devv said:
Wow! I fell way behind! I'm super impressed with your most recent pulls!

Congrats!
Thanks Scott! I'm waaay behind on your glog as well. Will catch up soon.
Pulled a bunch of peppers over the last couple of days. This is probably one of the last updates for the 2016 growing season. Our first frost should be here any day now so I'm trying to get these picked and put up as soon as possible. I forgot to mention the Kraken Scorpion and Super Hot Beast I picked, had a pretty good harvest on those as well.

https://youtu.be/MaVUemYWskc

Here's a quick update on my AeroGarden's. I'm planning to restart the Bounty Elite when I start seeds for 2017. Also planning to start some lettuce in my Sprout, and run that along side a Kratky lettuce grow.

https://youtu.be/oYmUVbAEzto

Long overdue, indoor hydroponics grow update. I've long neglected my indoor setup, and getting it back on track. I originally had my CMH light hanging within the shelving rack the plants were sitting on, but there wasn't enough clearance between the light and the plants. Also I haven't been changing out the solution in the DWC setup like a should. I rearranged everything so the plants are directly under the light with proper clearance. Also changed the DWC to a double bucket setup. The internal bucket is self contained wit the air diffuser and has holes in the bottom and sides. This will make it easy to change out the solution by simply moving the internal bucket from the old solution to a new bucket with fresh solution, without disturbing the roots. I also setup a personal calendar to remind me to change the nutrients every other week. I think with these changes, everything should start looking better soon. Also shown is my Thai Dragon in the 2 gallon self-watering container I made. So far that is doing well. I can make a video on how I built that if anyone is interested. Also rearranged the rack so it's a better use of space. I plan on setting up some hydro kratky lettuce there soon and running a comparison grow between that and lettuce in my AeroGarden.

https://youtu.be/sis7TwUQBAg

Nice little set up Peter....what size bulb are you using?

Do you have a hygrometer in the room tracking humidity?

If so, what numbers are you shooting for with room temp and humidity.

Masher said:
Nice little set up Peter....what size bulb are you using?

Do you have a hygrometer in the room tracking humidity?

If so, what numbers are you shooting for with room temp and humidity.
Thanks. The bulb is a 400 watt CMH. As far as temps and humidity, the setup is subject to the basement conditions, but the light does give off quite a bit of heat and raises the temperature underneath. The ambient basement temp never goes below 62, but it's usually a little higher. Under the light, temps hover around 70-75.  I don't have a hygrometer. I run a dehumidifier in the basement though that is set to maintain humidity at or below 45%. I keep that low just to prevent mold/mildew issues. At some point I'll probably invest in a tent, which would give me a little more control over conditions around the plants.

Say, my friend, you have grows going on all over the place!  AeroGarden pods,
hydro grow and outdoors.  The white bags look like they have performed
admirably for you.  Not to mention the awesome table full of pods!  Good work Peter!

Hope you have some chance to rest during the holidays; all the best to you and your family!

Back