• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Peter's 2016 Grow

I'm still working out my grow list, and will start most of my seeds in a couple weeks. I have started a few early, and have some growing in hydro and potting mix. Here are four over winters from this past year; 7-Pot Rennie Chocolate, Devil's Heart, Bahamian Goat and Peach Bhut.

qPfZvFul.jpg

Most recent pic of my hydro setup. Maxibloom nutes under 400 watt CMH. I'm going to probably switch to Masterblend/Calcium Nitrate/Epsom Salt blend at some point when the Maxi runs out. This is mostly for starting, I'm going to setup 2 buckets with one plant each that I'll try to grow out larger.

There's a mix of BBM, Caramel Moruga, Jamacian Hot Choc., Hot Fingers and Large Orange Thai currently.

pxYvYpXl.jpg

Here're two that I took out recently and transplanted to potting mix.

The one on the left is Caramel Moruga Scorpion, and other is Jamaican Hot Chocolate. The JHC is about a week behind the C. Moruga.

vYFO3sHl.jpg

The C. Moruga is in a Rapid Rooter plug
9uYU0qVl.jpg

The J. Hot Choc. is in rock wool.
t2kYlUGl.jpg

After transplant.
J9g1RCrl.jpg

Here're a couple that'll go into the hydro bucket soon. These are growing under my cheap Wal-mart LED bulbs. They seem to work well for the sprouts.

Genghis Khan's Brain
s9ZzeFDl.jpg

Peach Bhut
qCC02Bhl.jpg

So far what I've started and/or have germinating as of now is:
Big Black Mama
Caramel Moruga Scorpion
Jamaican Hot Choc.
Hot Fingers
Large Orange Thai
Peach Bhut
Genghis Khan's Brain
Superhot Beast
Trinidad Hornet
Monkey Nipples
Sarit Gat
Choc BrainStrain
Apocalypse Scorpion
Reaper
Orange Thai SSE
Unknown Reaper X
I Scream Scorpion
Butch T Scorpion
Chocolate Primo Reaper
BTR Scorpion
Sugar Rush Peach
Mayan Love Pepper
MA Wartyx Variant
Kraken Scorpion
Bhut Assam

Oh, I got this the other day too, to help monitor the nutes. I didn't realize how big this thing was until I got it. From seeing product pics, I thought it would be ink pen size. I like it a lot.

VxnUtQql.jpg

All is looking well!

Just don't forget to take the gloves off after grinding powder when you visit the B-room..LOL

Then U B dancin'!

Awesome setup and plants! Congrats!
I just started my own Kratky peppers so I must learn how to do all in hydroponics.
Can you write something about the nutrients you are using? Thanks.

Paolo

grispa72 said:
Awesome setup and plants! Congrats!
I just started my own Kratky peppers so I must learn how to do all in hydroponics.
Can you write something about the nutrients you are using? Thanks.

Paolo
Thanks! Regarding nutes, want to preface what I say with I'm experimenting and learning as I go along, but this is what I'm currently using.

The BBM and Jamaican Hot Choc are in a solution of General Hydroponics Maxibloom at about 900 ppm. I had them at about 500-600 for a while earlier on. My multisite bucket and Jay's Ghost Peach, in the orange gel pac container have the same thing but around 600 ppm. I'm switching over to use masterblend. So when I run out of Maxibloom, probably will not buy more. I got enough masterblend to last a very long time. Currently for that the strongest solution I'm using is around 1000-1100ppm, to get that I use per gallon 3 grams Masterblend, 3 grams Calcium Nitrate and 2 grams Magnesium Sulfate (Epsom Salt), mixed in that order. My kratky Carbonero is in that now. I set-up new plants in my coffee can hydro yesterday with masterblend at around 650 ppm. I try to keep my pH between 5.7 - 6.4. The Kratky Carbonero appears to be suffering a tiny bit of fert burn at the moment, but nothing too serious. I'm hoping it will adapt. I'll post updates on it either way.

Thank you again!
I use GH because I cannot find Masterblend here in Italy. I use CalMag and Epsom Salt too.
My solution is between 700-1000ppm and 5.8-6.2 pH.
Your plants have more roots than mine. I must understand why...

Paolo

Another grow update video.
Giganta-root mass on my BBM
9uCMRyZl.jpg

I topped a bunch, including this Black Fatalii. I can't wait to see how the pods turn out.
zE3PJZll.jpg

A few ready to be potted up.
8U4vjssl.jpg

Trinidad Dog Brown
avfufC4l.jpg

Bolsa de Dulce. Seeds from D3monic
f9OcOsal.jpg

The Kratky Caronero hasn't been doing much, but it does appear to be putting out some new roots. I'll leave it alone for a while.
t0tn4j6l.jpg

QO9ptjfl.jpg

I picked some tiny Bahamian Goats off my overwinter today. I'll be putting this one in the ground so it should really take off.
0X9p7Utl.jpg

Started giving them real sunshine this weekend. Hope to have hardened off in 10 days or so.

XGkObx7l.jpg

Working on a video showing how I re-purposed/amended last year's potting mix. Here're some frame grabs. I wouldn't consider using any of this for indoor plants, but should be fine for outdoors. It'll save on some of the new that I'll have to buy (or mostly bought already).

KCMuxLJl.jpg

leILttWl.jpg

aPHYPnDl.jpg

zHC83gPl.jpg

9whSnJkl.jpg

QjXJPR7l.jpg

D3monic said:
Everything is looking great, black naga will be pretty. Hopefully the cross tastes good.

Some nice root masses on the hydro
Thanks! I need to get some new pics up on the cross. I burned them a little, and have topped/pruned them some but they are recovering fine. I still have six total, four that have been in cups, and growing a lot, and two still in rockwool. I'll probably give a couple to some folks at work.

Some really fine looking plants there!

I do the same with old potting soil, perk it up and here we go.

Keep doing what you're doing ;)

Back