• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Phator's GLOG 2018

Hello all,

I am starting my grow log for 2018. Here is what i have so far.

Growing:

1. Habanero
2. Jalapeno
3. Guam Boonie
4. Philippine Sili Chili

Germinating:
1. Smoking Ed - Carolina Reaper
2. Tokuyama Pepper

I have been piecing together all the stuff to grow indoors. so fare I have a grow tent, General Hydroponics Nutrients, CoCo Coir, and CFL Lights. My next purchase is going to be an LED light but haven't been able to decide on a good one that will work well in my tent. after switching to the COCO i had a few plants i belive got too much water as you will see in the pics. To alleviate this i will let the COCO dryout so the plants can perk back up. any advise is welcome especially for the LED Light. More to Come! :)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 103
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 86
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 88
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 77
Phator said:
Yes planned on using your values. I should be good to go half your ratio since my mix bottle is 5 liters? This is about the biggest mix jug I could find here. Also the guy who sold me the nutrients gave me a bottle of CALiMAGic. he said to feed/feed/flush. He said to flush with this. It says on the bottle to use 1ml per 4 liters. should this be ok for the flush?

Flush with pure water first by watering the top of the pot for a short while and let all the water of the pot drain away, dont need to do anything else. Then add the new values in there after the flush and can also use that calimag stuff in there as it will not hurt to use it in coco growing.

If my values are for 10 litres, then you use these values for 5 litres:

Floramato 5ml/florabloom 2,5ml/floragro 2,5ml.

Chilidude said:

Flush with pure water first by watering the top of the pot for a short while and let all the water of the pot drain away, dont need to do anything else. Then add the new values in there after the flush and can also use that calimag stuff in there as it will not hurt to use it in coco growing.

If my values are for 10 litres, then you use these values to 5 litres:

Floramato 5ml/florabloom 2,5ml/floragro 2,5ml.

All right i'm following, Floramato 5ml/florabloom 2,5ml/floragro 2,5ml. CaLiMAGic 1ml. ~ 5 litres.

Now I just re-potted due too over water by bad drainage. I used all new coco so i wanted to wait before flushing or feeding. even with the plants drooping from the over water would it be safe to do the flush and feed?

Phator said:

All right i'm following, Floramato 5ml/florabloom 2,5ml/floragro 2,5ml. CaLiMAGic 1ml. ~ 5 litres.

Now I just re-potted due too over water by bad drainage. I used all new coco so i wanted to wait before flushing or feeding. even with the plants drooping from the over water would it be safe to do the flush and feed?

If you added new coco in there because of too much watering, dont do the flush thing to it as the new coco will suck the water out.  What you should do instead is next time use the new values to water the chilis and you should be good to go.

Alright we will consider the image I just added in new pots the before picture. I’ll add a new pic a few days after the next feeding for the after. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phator said:
Alright we will consider the image I just added in new pots the before picture. I’ll add a new pic a few days after the next feeding for the after. :)

Those green pots you found, are there 5-10 litre versions?

Chilidude said:

Those green pots you found, are there 5-10 litre versions?
I’d say they are about 3 times the volume of the red solo cups. So about 48 oz

Phator said:
I’d say they are about 3 times the volume of the red solo cups. So about 48 oz

If you can find similar type of pots in the range of 6-10 litres, it would make them a really good pots for coco growing when the chilis are much bigger than now.

This is called Venti-pot and i have tested the 9,5 litre one in coco growing:
P1120716.jpg

P1130007.jpg

Worked great and try overwatering that. :rofl:

Well I shifted my nutrients and containers using Chilidudes Suggestions. I have gotten alot of growth on the smaller plants but some of the bigger ones have this weird leaf roll on the top set of true leaves. I will be leaving the country for a few days so ill just leave them be and see what happens.

unnamed (3).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed.jpg

here you can see on the last photo the most severe leaf roll. my theory is since the small plants do not do it maybe the bigger plants need a little more nutrients. any input/ suggestions welcome.

Phator said:
Hello all,

I am starting my grow log for 2018. Here is what i have so far.

Growing:

1. Habanero
2. Jalapeno
3. Guam Boonie
4. Philippine Sili Chili

Germinating:
1. Smoking Ed - Carolina Reaper
2. Tokuyama Pepper

I have been piecing together all the stuff to grow indoors. so fare I have a grow tent, General Hydroponics Nutrients, CoCo Coir, and CFL Lights. My next purchase is going to be an LED light but haven't been able to decide on a good one that will work well in my tent. after switching to the COCO i had a few plants i belive got too much water as you will see in the pics. To alleviate this i will let the COCO dryout so the plants can perk back up. any advise is welcome especially for the LED Light. More to Come! [emoji4]

Nice list you have there What size tent is that?

Leaves rolling upward can be caused by too moisture in the soil and different chilis have all sort of leaf problems when they are young.(C.baccatum are ones to have this sort of problems when they are younger)

Give them more time to sort things out and they still look good, so i would not worry too much about them and dont let the coco dry too much as it causes nutrient lockdown.

You should buy more of that coco coir that is mixed with the perlite, because the coco coir may become a little bit compact in time and perhaps you may need to fill the voids when that happens.

Walchit said:
What light did you get? Just one of the folux boards? I have been eyeing them lol
I got the FH-120K. It is a huge upgrade from the CFL I was running. I will be posting a pic again in about a week to see how well the plants are doing.

My plants seem to be good. with the new light they are going through a lot of water. some of the plants are having weird leaf issues. No signs of pest but alarming since they look horrible.

I think since the extra heat is drying up the coco there is to much nutrient residue. maybe I will feed with only water to try to flush everything out.

IMG_4154.jpg

IMG_4155.jpg

Any advice is welcome, i'm your guinea pig. :)

Back