• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Phator's GLOG 2018

Hello all,

I am starting my grow log for 2018. Here is what i have so far.

Growing:

1. Habanero
2. Jalapeno
3. Guam Boonie
4. Philippine Sili Chili

Germinating:
1. Smoking Ed - Carolina Reaper
2. Tokuyama Pepper

I have been piecing together all the stuff to grow indoors. so fare I have a grow tent, General Hydroponics Nutrients, CoCo Coir, and CFL Lights. My next purchase is going to be an LED light but haven't been able to decide on a good one that will work well in my tent. after switching to the COCO i had a few plants i belive got too much water as you will see in the pics. To alleviate this i will let the COCO dryout so the plants can perk back up. any advise is welcome especially for the LED Light. More to Come! :)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 104
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 86
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 88
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 78
Phator said:

But isn't EC 1.8 about 900 ppm im getting lower than that without the cal mag. With the lower concentration with cal mag i was getting 0.7 EC

The point is that coco coir will saturate in time with all the nutrient you are giving, so that is why i dont rise the nutrient solution too high.  Next time try measuring the ppm number out of the water that is coming inside the pot, you might notice it is way too high.

I ran some test on Nutrients here is the data i came up with. Using Chilidudes dosage plus my calmag. the values below is from testing at each stage of adding nutrients.

Base | 10 Liter Tap Water | EC= 0.2  PPM= 112

10 ML CaliMagic      | EC= 0.9  | PPM= 450
10 ML Flora Micro    | EC= 1.6  | PPM = 783
7.5 ML Flora Grow   | EC= 1.9  | PPM = 938
7.5 ML Flora Bloom | EC= 2.04 | PPM = 1020

Now minus the Cali Magic the total EC=1.1 and PPM= 570. Below is the individual Nutrients EC and PPM per 10 Liters of water

CaliMagic     | EC= 0.676   | PPM= 338
Flora Micro   | EC= 0.666   | PPM=333
Flora Grow   | EC= 0.31     | PPM= 155
Flora Bloom | EC= 0.2       | PPM= 82

The PH after mixing everything was 5.9

I might lower the dose of calimagic but my tap water does not have any Calcium or Magnesium.

Please let me know if you guys think this looks ok for at least the next week and a half while my wife is feeding everything. i think the Nutrients look good at a 570 ppm so i just need to figure out exactly how much CaLiMagic I need.

That water ph seems to be in the good range if it is 5.9 after mixing the fertilizers in.

Adding that calimagic in the mix will put the EC number of the final mix way too high for indoor coco coir growing (EC 1.85.)

Try lowering the calimagic to 40-50% dosage to make the fertilizer around 1.3-1.5 EC.

Chilidude said:
That water ph seems to be in the good range if it is 5.9 after mixing the fertilizers in.

Adding that calimagic in the mix will put the EC number of the final mix way too high for indoor coco coir growing (EC 1.85.)

Try lowering the calimagic to 40-50% dosage to make the fertilizer around 1.3-1.5 EC.

Ok im leaving for work for a week and a half. My next batch of nutrients ill adjust that.

Grow update 3/30/208

Today I had to change out my DWC tank since the ppm went down to 150 so i thought i would update with some photos.

18-03-30 15-16-44 4220.jpg

18-03-30 15-16-35 4219.jpg

Habanero
18-03-30 15-12-38 4218.jpg

Carolina Reaper DWC
18-03-30 15-12-17 4217.jpg

Tokuyama Chili
18-03-30 15-25-20 4221.jpg

Yea I upped the calmag by 2 ml per 10L some of the leaves were getting deficiencies. But other than that no complaints. Even getting some fruit on the Philippine chili.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you used even portions of Floramicro,floragro and florabloom:

NPK value should be:

8-6-12

So 1:1:1 value of each of those fertilizers should be pretty good overall combination and easy to mix.

Perhaps try what kind of EC value will you get by combining:

Floramicro 7.5ml
Floragro 7.5ml
Florabloom: 7.5ml

to 10 litres of water.

I’ll try it out on my next feed cycle. The flora bloom boost would be nice since they are about to all flower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, i found something interesting for you and the price seems really good too:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00KNSECQC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?language=en_US&th=1

1 litre of A+B stuff is ¥ 1,928 and 4 litres of A+B stuff is only ¥ 6,366 vs Ghe flora series 3x 1 litre bottles of micro,gro and bloom for ¥ 8,618.

I found the website of the maker:
http://www.kyowajpn.co.jp/hyponica/english/homehyponica/index.html#a-002

I dont know what this A+B stuff combined NPK value is at the moment, but i just asked via email...

If their fertilizer can make one Tomato plant to make this kind of harvest/canopy:
Imagine what kind results would you get by combining A+B stuff in the right values for chili growing.

It took me a while to find the NPK values for the A+B stuff myself:

Liquid fertilizer A: Nitric acid-related 1.0% of nitrogen, water-soluble 3.8% of phosphoric acid, water-soluble 5.5% of K, solution magnesia 1.0% in the nitrogen gross quantity of 1.0%, solution manganese 0.027%, solution boron 0.055%

B liquid: 3.0% of nitric acid-related nitrogen, water-soluble K 3.9%

So A part NPK is:

1-3,8-5,5

B part NPK:

3-0-3,9

Combined NPK:

4-3,8-9,4

So based on this info, i would just put a little bit more of the part B than the part A to make it a good chili growing fertilizer.

Like Part A 10ml/part B 15ml to 10 litres of water as an example how to mix those two.

Back