• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Phator's GLOG 2018

Hello all,

I am starting my grow log for 2018. Here is what i have so far.

Growing:

1. Habanero
2. Jalapeno
3. Guam Boonie
4. Philippine Sili Chili

Germinating:
1. Smoking Ed - Carolina Reaper
2. Tokuyama Pepper

I have been piecing together all the stuff to grow indoors. so fare I have a grow tent, General Hydroponics Nutrients, CoCo Coir, and CFL Lights. My next purchase is going to be an LED light but haven't been able to decide on a good one that will work well in my tent. after switching to the COCO i had a few plants i belive got too much water as you will see in the pics. To alleviate this i will let the COCO dryout so the plants can perk back up. any advise is welcome especially for the LED Light. More to Come! :)

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 104
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 87
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    62 KB · Views: 89
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 78
That is sunburn, move the new light much higher right now as it is just too powerful for the chilis!

I had that one with my 180w gob led spider.

Chilidude said:
That is sunburn, move the new light much higher right now as it is just too powerful for the chilis!

I had that one with my 180w gob led spider.

Thanks Chilidude. ill move it up and see how it does. will these leaves bounce back or will i need to prune them?

To give you a perspective just how powerful these new growing lights are, i have the 180w gob led spider about 90cm away from the chilis and they still grow like weeds by just giving them 11 hours of light every day.

Chilidude said:
To give you a perspective just how powerful these new growing lights are, i have the 180w gob led spider about 90cm away from the chilis and they still grow like weeds by just giving them 11 hours of light every day.

ok I raised it about to about 90 CM. Still getting 25,000 Lux

You are now in a stage of growing and those lights are very powerful, that you can start adding these rations to water from now on.

For 10 litres of water:

Floramicro 10ml/florabloom 7,5ml/floragro 7,5ml

So for 5 litres of water it would be:

Floramicro 5ml/florabloom 3,75ml/floragro 3,75ml.

Phator said:
I’m going to use these once the outdoor plants go outside. The 3 plants and the DWC in the tent will stay inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then you should maybe get those 13,8l airpots then for outdoor growing and i am sure that you will be amazed with the results you will get in the end of the season.

It has been awhile since I updated. Sorry for the long post.

I had nothing but issues with deficiencies so i had to address this. I found i needed to up my cal mag since my tap water is only 60 ppm. I have found the sweet spot right now for the GHE flora series at these ratios.  2.5ml/l : 2.5ml/l : 2ml/l this gives me a NPK ratio of 7 - 6 - 8.8. With this dosage my ppm is a little higher than most people recommend but the plants are bouncing back. I might try to lower the PPM once the plants get healthier but for the mean time i will stick with what they like.
my water is about 60 ppm and i get about 1000 ppm once all nutrients added. most of this is from the cal mag which adds about 300 ppm. so i guess with this thinking minus the cal mag i have about 600 ppm of the GHE nutrients. the dose before i changed was about 400 total with water, cal mag, and GHE. this could possibly be my issue since the cal mag would be the majority of that ppm. leaving my nutrients being about 150 ppm. the PH is staying at a steady 5.8. below is some pics of what I have going so far.

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4184.jpg

Carolina Reaper getting true leaves in the DWC system

IMG_4185.jpg

Philippine Chili

IMG_4186.jpg

Guam Boonie

IMG_4187.jpg

Habenero - I had to cut it down to two leaves due to leaf issues. it is slowly growing everything back. we will see how it does.

IMG_4181.jpg

IMG_4182.jpg

Tokuyama Seedlings - I had an issue with the first set I Germinated. This is why this set is still young. The good news is the Tokuyama seeds are sow-able. I get 100% germination both times. The issue i had with the first set was I left for work for a week and the grow media dried out too much .

Sorry about the sideways pictures I will take landscape oriented photos from here on out. they should post up right then.

One problem i see in the pictures is that you may have transplanted the plants to a much larger pot from a really small pot, so the uptake of nutrients can be messed up for a long time because the plants have so little roots to begin with.

Good thing is to transplant from small to medium and then to the final larger pot.

Chilidude said:
One problem i see in the pictures is that you may have transplanted the plants to a much larger pot from a really small pot, so the uptake of nutrients can be messed up for a long time because the plants have so little roots to begin with.

Good thing is to transplant from small to medium and then to the final larger pot.
I agree they were way bigger but I have to use what I can get. I actually checked the roots yesterday and they have grown out to about an inch away from the edge of the pot.

Phator said:
I agree they were way bigger but I have to use what I can get. I actually checked the roots yesterday and they have grown out to about an inch away from the edge of the pot.

I suggest you dial down the way too strong nutrient solution you are giving them right now, just let them grow those roots out and they will be fine with way less strong fertilizer dosages.

My EC number for really big plants are in the 1.6-1.8 range inside the greenhouse and no more. The upper EC number for big indoor plants have been the range of 1.3-1.5

Chilidude said:

I suggest you dial down the way too strong nutrient solution you are giving them right now, just let them grow those roots out and they will be fine with way less strong fertilizer dosages.

My EC number for really big plants are in the 1.6-1.8 range inside the greenhouse and no more. The upper EC number for big indoor plants have been the range of 1.3-1.5

But isn't EC 1.8 about 900 ppm im getting lower than that without the cal mag. With the lower concentration with cal mag i was getting 0.7 EC

Back