Promotion for HP22B

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like mystery my friend, I leave it to the likes of JT, the experts. However, if people want to go on and on, we can probably get a scientist, or three, on the case.Maybe in different countries, too.

scientist 1: :mouthonfire: MY MOUTH IS SHOOTING FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scientist 2: :mouthonfire: OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! DROWNS HIMSELF IN MILK TRYING TO COOL HIS MOUTH (he didnt drown or die)

scientist 3: sees all of this and goes :snooty:

JayT: eats one and laughs

scientist 1: :mouthonfire: MY MOUTH IS SHOOTING FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

scientist 2: :mouthonfire: OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! DROWNS HIMSELF IN MILK TRYING TO COOL HIS MOUTH (he didnt drown or die)

scientist 3: sees all of this and goes :snooty:

JayT: eats one and laughs

******DISCLAIMER******

No ACTUAL Scientists were harmed during the typing of this post.

I think it's time for you to get on the case. Maybe you could do a scientific comparison. Get some seeds from CMP, JD, THSC and any other who feels they want to measure up. An outsider, someone new to have look at this.Come on Squire, you can do this with all of your skills.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. :) I'm putting some things in place to do some chromatography testing this growing season, but I don't think there's a need for it here. The zany stories about vast, ultra-secret R&D pepper development projects, chemists doing genetic testing to prove peppers are "Chinese", super-duper-schmooper Überpeppers, etc. kinda fits a certain... pattern. The burden of proof is always on the side of the affirmative.

(For the record, geneticist ≠ chemist. That part of the story made my eyes rolls so hard I could see the back of my haircut. We chemists can do some cool things, but genetic testing doesn't normally fit into the job description.) ;)

Could we get an update pepperjoe?

We have a tenative meeting on Wednesday. (they wanted the following week but I'm pushing for a sooner rather than later get together) They live 3 1/2 hours from here.
Me, Sammy Diminich from Big Sams Salad Dressing and Penny from Penny's tomatoes are driving up.
We'll finish compiling a list of questions including several raised on this post.
We'll be finalizing pricing and I hope they have the name pinned down by then.
We'll be taking a ton of pics.
They are very methodical and want to try to do this thing right.
I'm a lot less patient.
As far as the critics and pessimist go..like this previous dude...again...I'll be anxious to hear from this handful after the Press Releases. Not to be redundant, but my guess is that they will either get REAL quiet...(Like they did with that conspiracy theory that Regal Seeds in Fla. was a covert new division of Pepper Joe's Inc.) or they will absolutely pick apart all of the information that will come out. That is SO easy to do.
Actually with all of he controversy and challenges (some good) of the testing done with the previous Champs, I wouldn't want to be in their shoes.
I'll stick with being a Seed vendor.
Later,
Pepper Joe

Ignoratio elenchi Nil bastardum carborundum- easy to be a jerk, isn't it? Ne plus ultra- anything else you'd like me not say today? Nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit- I guess, my say doesn't matter. Better just get back to my new edition of Johnson and Scholes (Exploring Corporate Strategy), try to focus on Globalization, bounded rationality and Strategic Judo for tomorrow's classes. Not allowed to make any observations- according to the Lamp. That'll keep you busy for a few hours.

Wait are you taking judo or yudo?

peppers010-2.jpg

peppers009-1.jpg

These are Butch-t's I grew from seed Nova gave me.

Would you mind asking them for a few names of the 600 they have made? Also could you nail them down as to how DNA is going to prove that peppers are originally from China?

Thanks Joe and have a safe trip.

Joe said he will meet up with them. Lets wait and see till Wednesday. If he does get the hottest pepper, that will be good gain for our community. If he doesn't, oh well no ones loss.

Have a safe trip Joe :D

This thread has given me a lot to think about. A real lot. I'm learning every day thanks guys.

Are the Butch T and regular Scorpions different? I suppose it depends on who you ask and what kind of seeds you're getting. In general there seem to be dozens of scorpion varieties all slightly different from one another but most DNA tests will show two very similar scorpions to be the same. You can't get too nitpicky on these DNA tests they're a good guideline but they won't show you the very small changes. The CARDI scorpions look so much different from the Butch T's I just don't think anyone can call them the same. The fact of the matter is we have never defined exactly what a new strain entails. Strains can naturally display different phenotypes plant to plant that would lead some of us to call them brand new strains. I think that line will always be blurred, but we have enough descriptive tools to describe where we got our genetics and how they came to be. Unfortunately genetics are constantly drifting around from poor isolation and labeling techniques.

As far as the Pepper Joe 'Chinese origins' and whatnot, it sounds like someone misconstruing c. chinense as c. chinese and some simple naive farmers playing the telephone game turned this into "came from China". It's an honest mistake and I think a simple correction goes a long way here. No reason to put peoples reputations on the line. I'm still looking forward to seeing this new pepper for myself as a hobbyist and enthusiast but I have no belief that we can ever nail down the hottest pepper in the world.

Great thread I just wish there were less finger pointing and elitism going on here, but maybe I'm just taking things the wrong way.
Sorry about the delay in posting, I'm on week 3 without internet on the farm, grrrr. There is a distinct difference in the Trinidad Scorpion I sent out seeds for and the Moruga & most (not all) of the other named varieties of TS, The ones I sent out are small podded, have a almost unpleasent taste, (from the amount of cap they contain, combined with the thin walls) and are 40 to 60 pods per pound, the others are larger, taste better, and are 20-25 pods per pound. I think a lot of these are either cross's with/ or a deviant pod from the 7 Pot. The name "Chinense" translated from Latin means "from China", so I could see where there could be a bit of confusion there, however China does have Black pepper and Sichuan pepper which are different species.

As far as the critics and pessimist go..like this previous dude...again...I'll be anxious to hear from this handful after the Press Releases. Not to be redundant, but my guess is that they will either get REAL quiet...(Like they did with that conspiracy theory that Regal Seeds in Fla. was a covert new division of Pepper Joe's Inc.) or they will absolutely pick apart all of the information that will come out. That is SO easy to do.
Pepper Joe
Hmm, you can't blame people for not believing claims that an individual created 600 varieties. A lot of the claims are far fetched. I don't think that makes us pessimists. I was never involved in the conspiracy theory you mentioned. If they do have a new pepper that is superhot (doesn't even have to be the hottest), then I'll be happy that a new pepper got introduced into the pepper world. Rather than be quit, I'd be interested in the pepper and how they did it.

Would you mind asking them for a few names of the 600 they have made? Also could you nail them down as to how DNA is going to prove that peppers are originally from China?

Thanks Joe and have a safe trip.
PPJ ,. PPJ2, PPJ3, 4 ,5, and so on - just a joke !!!!

Hook me up with some PPJ400s!

Dude, you know those are totally the same variety as PPJ384 and PPJ588, right?

I met this guy at the bus station. He's developed 6000 varieties of peppers, and has spent 50 years developing a pepper that weeps droplets of oleoresin that is pure capsaicin. He's also a nuclear scientist, a hostage negotiator, and a trainer with the men's olympic gymnastic team. Using quantum mechanics, he can prove that all the hottest varieties come from Scotland. He also has a flying car -- did I mention that? Anyways, he's got a variety that will beat the next six hottest peppers that haven't been developed yet. You guys just wait and see.

Dude, you know those are totally the same variety as PPJ384 and PPJ588, right?
There is a distinction to be drawn between PPJ400, PPJ384, and PPJ488. The PPJ400 has more uranium but less nerve gas than the other two. The phenotypes look the same, so I can understand why you got confused.

I met this guy at the bus station. He's developed 6000 varieties of peppers, and has spent 50 years developing a pepper that weeps droplets of oleoresin that is pure capsaicin. He's also a nuclear scientist, a hostage negotiator, and a trainer with the men's olympic gymnastic team. Using quantum mechanics, he can prove that all the hottest varieties come from Scotland. He also has a flying car -- did I mention that? Anyways, he's got a variety that will beat the next six hottest peppers that haven't been developed yet. You guys just wait and see.

:rofl:

ROFL LMFAO and so on. How dare you conspire to question the PPJ variety, you are both out of order. I developed the orginal lady-lace, deep-throattle, chupacabra phenotypes. Beware, they bit back. Especially PPJ Soixante Neuf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back