• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

randyp 2016 IOWA,,Older and (bud) Wiser grow.

Hello my friends,I am still in the cold  and slow time of year.I have my first(3) seedlings of the year.The first plant was the "Mystery Wine".A Chis Joyner masterpiece that eluded my garden last year due to my failure to do a good job drying seeds.I got this from a pod the reigning Growdown Champ (terry) sent me.Not many changes this year,And I still need the right hip replaced,I am holding out as long as I can,(7 years till I retire)I will update what's going in the garden when I see them in a pot,I put out a list before that never rang true so we will delay my "Wish List"
   Thanks for stopping by all you old and soon to be friends.My updates will pick up when my weather does,
Good luck to all of you this year.
Randy

To go forward we must look back.
the top is my first grow out of buckets 3 years or so ago,the bottom is the 2015 grow with beds and an automatic water drip system
SANY0002.JPG

DSCF8575gardensot10-9.jpg

this is the new grow room which was raised  to 30 inches.I can get down fine,getting up is a bitch,lol
DSCF9130.jpg

installed doors on the seed starting station to help control temps..(my daughters old dollhouse I made her at 5 years old)I used parts lids I got from work.One had a neat drawing from a fellow co-worker must have worked up while not working.I liked it and decided I am an art collector.
DSCF9153.jpg

DSCF9133.jpg

There are 2 types of trays.Jiffy pucks(top) and a 3 mix starter I made.My starter had the first seedlings by the way.
DSCF9156.jpg

Joyners "mystery wine"
DSCF9164.jpg

LOT-Jalapeno-onion-garlic and carrot ferment started 2 weeks ago.
DSCF9110.jpg

A pork butt cooked today to take to the AC/DC concert in Kansas City Sunday.Mini vacation,3 days in BBQ town.
DSCF9160.jpg

one more and I'm out.My furniture eating jack russell-shih tzu dog Ryley will also be back to rid my yard of cats.
DSCF9162.jpg

Well Randy, I can't say enough about your grow this year. Plants are humongous, pods are perfect.

You can't top this year, but I'm sure you will :party:

Pork looks mighty tasty!

Keep it green!

It's unusual weather, Randy. Got slammed with 4-5inches of rain, in like 40 minutes. It brought a bunch of hail with it. Did some garden damage, but not bad. The Chinese were about to flower. Punched holes in them and lost the blossoms. We've had thunderheads the last few days. Humid. Temp dropped to the mid 80 to upper 80's. Looks like that's the temps for the next couple weeks. A little early for temps to be dropping like that. I hope it doesn't mean Winter is coming early. Knock on wood.

Those are some great looking pods. The pork looks tasty. I love a sliced pork sammy. Ciabatta bread and melted Swiss. Damn it, I'm hungry again. Been in a liquid diet. LOL

randyp said:
  Many of things happening this weekend.I pitched the jiffy pucks after going thru with a toothpick and saving any that had a sign of life.Round 2 of seeds go in my mix Sunday.When my mix has 31 seedlings to the 5 in the pucks it shows I had them too wet or something else I did.Go with what's working.Also putting up the curtain  on the main grow area to transplant some to solo cups.
disappointing after 14 days
attachicon.gif
DSCF9368.jpg

I wonder if this is why I screwed around for three months and only germinated 3 out of 52 seeds?

tctenten said:
Beautiful Randy!  The pork, the pods and your plants are giants.   
Thank's Terry.I just left you a message in the Growdown thread buddy. ;)

Devv said:
Well Randy, I can't say enough about your grow this year. Plants are humongous, pods are perfect.

You can't top this year, but I'm sure you will :party:

Pork looks mighty tasty!

Keep it green!
You will be getting a mixed bag in the next 2 weeks.You're not going on vacation, are you?

OCD Chilehead said:
It's unusual weather, Randy. Got slammed with 4-5inches of rain, in like 40 minutes. It brought a bunch of hail with it. Did some garden damage, but not bad. The Chinese were about to flower. Punched holes in them and lost the blossoms. We've had thunderheads the last few days. Humid. Temp dropped to the mid 80 to upper 80's. Looks like that's the temps for the next couple weeks. A little early for temps to be dropping like that. I hope it doesn't mean Winter is coming early. Knock on wood.

Those are some great looking pods. The pork looks tasty. I love a sliced pork sammy. Ciabatta bread and melted Swiss. Damn it, I'm hungry again. Been in a liquid diet. LOL
Thank's Chuck.They say we humans are mostly liquid,may as well be a fun one. :dance:

stickman said:
I can't say for sure Randy, but the "not" Trinidad Scorpion Chocolate looks like a Bhut or Naga. Whether it's purebred or a cross it looks great. Keep us posted as to taste and heat. :)

Fantastic job of smoking those loins! :drooling:   Wedding guests are usually voracious feeders, did you put a little aside for yourself for later? ;)
Thank's Rick.I have enough mixes in my garden I have decided to send them in a box unlabeled so you can get me an idea of what's what,

DWB said:

I wonder if this is why I screwed around for three months and only germinated 3 out of 52 seeds?
DW I have very little patients to mist dirt waiting for above ground duties.After 2 weeks I start new batches on ones that are not up.Living in Iowa my growing season is short.

Chris J,I hope this is your Mystery Wine.
DSCF0516.jpg

Devv said:
 Nope, vacations are done. I'm ready! And thanks!
Your wait is over I eyeballed some pods to pull Sunday for you Scott.

stickman said:

Cheers Randy! I'll try to do my best for ya. :)
Your box is a little trickier as a couple questionable peppers are taking their sweet time coloring Rick.

gardens overtook my 4ft framing
DSCF0588.jpg

7pot
DSCF0589.jpg

douglah
DSCF0591.jpg

tsmb
DSCF0592.jpg

ts
DSCF0593.jpg

yellow bhut xchoco ?
DSCF0595.jpg

naga morich
DSCF0598.jpg

yellow naga brain strain
DSCF0599.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF0596.jpg
    DSCF0596.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 51
randyp said:
Your wait is over I eyeballed some pods to pull Sunday for you Scott.

That's some good pepper love there!

Your box is a little trickier as a couple questionable peppers are taking their sweet time coloring Rick.

No hurry Randy, take your time. :)

gardens overtook my 4ft framing

Things are definitely looking stellar for you my friend... +1 on the secret being good soil prep!

randyp said:
Thank's Chuck.They say we humans are mostly liquid,may as well be a fun one. :dance:

Thank's Rick.I have enough mixes in my garden I have decided to send them in a box unlabeled so you can get me an idea of what's what,

DW I have very little patients to mist dirt waiting for above ground duties.After 2 weeks I start new batches on ones that are not up.Living in Iowa my growing season is short.

Chris J,I hope this is your Mystery Wine.
attachicon.gif
DSCF0516.jpg
Whoa, you got the rare black one! Holy cow that is awesome!!!!! You are the first to get that one out of all the seeds I have shared and seen grow. Maybe I can snag some of those seeds from you. I'd love to see a cut show of the inside to see the color. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Whoa, you got the rare black one! Holy cow that is awesome!!!!! You are the first to get that one out of all the seeds I have shared and seen grow. Maybe I can snag some of those seeds from you. I'd love to see a cut show of the inside to see the color. 
Its deep purple all thru the flesh Chris.I will be sending you a box when they get closer.

I smoked some LOT and Red jals to go in a garlic peaches red onion ferment.
DSCF0605.jpg

DSCF0608.jpg

love my side smoker,no heat and i can apply smoke at will without cooking pods.The New York Strip was on for an hour to get cooked later,
DSCF0612.jpg

Back