• If you have a question about commercial production or the hot sauce business, please post in The Food Biz.

Recipe from Ingredients

I've recently begun making hot sauces as a hobby and have had a lot of fun sharing it with friends. A friend of mine recently found a hot sauce he really likes at a farmer's market and asked if I could make a similar sauce.

The vendor calls the sauce JLD Enterprises Bhut Jolokia Hot Sauce and the ingredients are listed as:
Bhut Lolokia Peppers,
Celery,
Garlic,
Tomatoes,
Extra Virgin Olive Oil,
Peaches,
Apples,
Lime Leaves,
Red Wine,
Vinegar, (comma may be a typo?)
Spices,
Orange & Raisin Puree,
Worchestershire,
Sugar,
Salt.

I'm hoping one of the hot sauce experts here can formulate a recipe so I and others can make this delicious sauce. Post your best guess and I'll give it a try!
Thanks!

HEY!  It took a couple tries, but it worked!  I'll keep it there until the morning, then edit it to remove names of established hot sauce companies.  :lol:

OK ok ok one last one

http://i.imgur.com/TGWozM9.webm

CapitalWeightyAmericanblackvulture.gif

Greetings everyone,
                A friend/Customer of mine told me about the thread. The reaction has been quite fun. I have no problem with someone TRYING to copy my sauce, it was the putting it out there for a whole community to try to copy (some of which I am sure are commercial producers) that bugged me. Since I give all of my customers my e-mail and will bring it to their house, or other agreed upon location from Pensacola to Panama City, or ship it else where, they could easily obtain more if they wanted. I grow all of the Bhut Jolokias I use my self,and started growing Carolina Reapers (I purchase the seeds from the creator) last year. By the way if anyone is in my neck of the woods, I'll be at Seaside this Saturday, we could swap Pirate jokes in person :P :rofl: :dance: .   Everyone have a glorious day.

JLD Enterprises said:
Greetings everyone,
                A friend/Customer of mine told me about the thread. The reaction has been quite fun. I have no problem with someone TRYING to copy my sauce, it was the putting it out there for a whole community to try to copy (some of which I am sure are commercial producers) that bugged me. Since I give all of my customers my e-mail and will bring it to their house, or other agreed upon location from Pensacola to Panama City, or ship it else where, they could easily obtain more if they wanted. I grow all of the Bhut Jolokias I use my self,and started growing Carolina Reapers (I purchase the seeds from the creator) last year. By the way if anyone is in my neck of the woods, I'll be at Seaside this Saturday, we could swap Pirate jokes in person :P :rofl: :dance: .   Everyone have a glorious day.

Glad to see you have a sense of humor  :P  Welcome to the fray. On the bright side I think this thread has generated some attention for your sauce. I would not be surprised if you got some new orders from members.

Cheers n' never let dem pirates board yer ship, matey

I really appreciate all of the pirate jokes, since, I'm a chief engineer in the merchant marine. And regularly sail through the Gulf of Aden and straits of Bab-El-Mandeb.

grantmichaels > If you are asking for a link to purchase, I'm sorry due to Florida's cottage producer laws I cannot sell on line, only personal sales. Which is why I give my e-mail to my customers. is there a private message function on this forum? I'll send you my e-mail if you are interested. or message me on facebook.

JLD Enterprises said:
Thank-you SCOVILLE DeVILLE. You have to be able to laugh at yourself, life is not that serious.  :party: .
"SCOVILLE DeVILLE"....Such Formality!  That's all right, though, it'll take a day or two for you to feel comfortable calling him Scovie like we all do.  ;) 

Then there's JT, Pookie, TB, GM, SnF, D2S, HSL, 10-10, hogleg is usually just hogleg...:lol: .....

I think GrantMichaels (GM) was asking for a link for purchasing.  Good to know about your sales restrictions.  Good Luck with your business in FL. 

salsalady said:
"SCOVILLE DeVILLE"....Such Formality!  That's all right, though, it'll take a day or two for you to feel comfortable calling him Scovie like we all do.  ;)

Then there's JT, Pookie, TB, GM, SnF, D2S, HSL, 10-10, hogleg is usually just hogleg... :lol: .....

I think GrantMichaels (GM) was asking for a link for purchasing.  Good to know about your sales restrictions.  Good Luck with your business in FL. 
Thank-you Ms. Salsalady. More of a money making hobby until I retire then I'll make sauce and custom knives full time. :)

Chile Juju said:
SL - THAT ^^^^^, made me spit my sunflower seed out, I was laughing so hard!!!!
just call me butter~~~  :lol:

I suppose I should translate for JLD...

"Then there's JT (JayT...that one's a stretch :rolleyes:  :lol: ) , Pookie (The Boss), TB (Texas Blues), GM (already did this one), SnF ( SmokenFire), D2S (Deathtosnails), HSL (never mind), 10-10 (tctenten), hogleg is still just hogleg... :lol: ..."

Back