• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Red MOA Scotch Bonnets Community Grow

A while back Cmpman1974 started a thread for a SASBE of red MOA bonnets. As one of the lucky individuals that got in on this awesomeness, I figured i'd start a community glog for these babies. Anyone that got these seeds feel free to posty up your picks. These are all courtesy of the gracious generosity of Cmpman1974 and KiNGDeNNiZ, Thanks alot guys, y'all rock!
 Oh and on an unrelated note, this is my first time creating a glog so if anyone has any suggestions on things I could do differently, don't hesitate to chime in. 

NOW POSTY UP!

eCzb9G7.jpg

Not the best Image, I know... Like I said this is my first time doing this, lol.

Wicked Mike said:
Greetings, fellow pod-people. We have liftoff!

These are from my second planting of Red MoAs. Somewhere on this property are plants a lot further along.

Feels like time for an Easter Egg hunt.
Also time to bump those four up.
beautiful plants mike I have your 3 seeds in the dirt hope they germinate :) 
I have 13 yellow moa's :dance:

East Texas Heat said:
looking good everyone, hopefully mine will start to look a little better after they get moved out permanently. Good luck all!
I a red moa hooking was beginning to think they were not going to germinate hoping for no helmet heads at lest if the others don't germinate I will have one.

I want to start by thanking Bruce for sharing the seeds.  After a mail truck left a nice tire track on the bubble envelope, had a few crushed seeds but still had about 6 that looked viable. Got 4 to germinate and things are moving along.  Have one that is way ahead of the rest.   I think the other 3 will have plenty of time to get to size before plantout.   Will probably only have room for 2 of them so will find a caring home for the other 2 I hope.

Heres 2 of the little guys.  Only about an inch or 2 tall right now.
IMG_20150403_213341935_zpswtl5nlv7.jpg

This guy is looking really health now after a rough start.
IMG_20150403_173406861_zpsohk7t7kg.jpg

Trident chilli said:
Probably the best weekend we have had in the UK ... sun is out so hardening off my MoA Red ... will be back indoors tonight as we still have some frosty nights

Good looking plant.
So I went through my mystery plants and I think I have the MoA Reds sorted out; if so, I've got pods that should be coloring up any day now.

Now if I could only figure out what the rest of them are; some of them are downright bizarre...

jcw10tc said:
I want to start by thanking Bruce for sharing the seeds.  After a mail truck left a nice tire track on the bubble envelope, had a few crushed seeds but still had about 6 that looked viable. Got 4 to germinate and things are moving along.  Have one that is way ahead of the rest.   I think the other 3 will have plenty of time to get to size before plantout.   Will probably only have room for 2 of them so will find a caring home for the other 2 I hope.
Don't thank me, thank kingdenniz and cmpman! They're the ones who made all this happen. Glad to see people sharing the love, and the community glog seems to be gaining some visibility and picking up speed! Woot, I couldn't ask for more. Thanks to all for helping to grow these plants out and share the pepper love.

Wicked Mike said:
Good looking plant.

So I went through my mystery plants and I think I have the MoA Reds sorted out; if so, I've got pods that should be coloring up any day now.

Now if I could only figure out what the rest of them are; some of them are downright bizarre...
Lol good luck mike
The plant looks beautiful I would expect nothing less coming wicked mike !

On a completely unrelated note, I finally tracked down my six Bahamian Goats and they're loaded with pods.

On a somewhat related note, getting my first yellow MoAs.

On a totally related note, I'm watching my mystery plants keenly and there's one with some very familiar pods on them that should ripen any day now.

DeNNiZ ... the break was it accidental .... sorry forgive me just noticed the bottom of the trunk .. must be an over-wintered plant looks like it's really going to push out

How old is this plant and have you a photograph of last years pods ... a benchmark that we can aspire too

My 3 little seedlings are coming along I noticed that both the Moa Yellow & Moa Red are slow growing .
I don't know if this is true for all bonnets or just the moa's the sb7J is a little faster but that's a hybrid.

Back