• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Red MOA Scotch Bonnets Community Grow

A while back Cmpman1974 started a thread for a SASBE of red MOA bonnets. As one of the lucky individuals that got in on this awesomeness, I figured i'd start a community glog for these babies. Anyone that got these seeds feel free to posty up your picks. These are all courtesy of the gracious generosity of Cmpman1974 and KiNGDeNNiZ, Thanks alot guys, y'all rock!
 Oh and on an unrelated note, this is my first time creating a glog so if anyone has any suggestions on things I could do differently, don't hesitate to chime in. 

NOW POSTY UP!

eCzb9G7.jpg

Not the best Image, I know... Like I said this is my first time doing this, lol.

STEVE954 said:
I have good reason to beleive that the "red MoA" is acually a hybrid between a yellow scotch bonnet and a red 7 pot.
I have three "red MoA" plants. 2 plants give me red 7 pot looking pods. 1 plant that gives me yellow pods that look a little like scotch bonnets. 95% of the pods only have 3 lobes. The yellow and red pods have very thick walls and taste the same, amazing - almost like the sb7j.
Justin the pods in that picture look a lot like the plant that gives yellow pods. Don't be surprized if those "red MoA" pods acually ripen YELLOW
Steve
I spoke at length last night to Steve discussing the above. He has asked me on his behalf to post a couple of his photographs

Red MoA that ripens "Red"

Red MoA that ripens "Yellow"

I saved seeds from the yellow pods and labeled them MoA7. They have very thick walls, very clean heat flavor is somewhere between a sb7j and yellow 7. I will be growing again.
Thanks John, when you get a chance, could you post the other picture of "red MoA" plant yellow pods.

Steve

Plantguy76 said:
Thank you for the pics John hope all is going well with your grow
Thanks Jason .. I have been working away from home this week so I have got a bit of catching up to do ... especially in the poly tunnel the weather has been good this past week with lots of pods forming including a lonesome pod on my MoA ...

This plant is a maller bush, but loaded with pods.
IMG_20150719_153636239_zpsb3kxk7r5.jpg

The other 2 plants are more tree like, less bush, and pods different shape.  This pic didn't turn out too well, but pods is very big and feels much thicker than the ones on the plant above.
IMG_20150719_125819780_zpsspzhy2r0.jpg

Interesting to read KD that you said you had no other chocolate/brown varieties growing that could have been a mother plant ... So we now have Red Yellow Peach and Brown variations of the MoA

I´d gess the source was a hybrid or worst, a hybrid of hybrid

Is anyone holding a stock of original yellow seeds?

Back