seed-train Register now for the 2017 "seed train" already in progress

I will be out of town 5/16 - 5/19, which is about when I'd get it from AJ. I can get it back on the tracks 5/20 or Greenguru and I can switch spots. We've all swapped addresses so maybe best to stay where we're at, just could be set back a day or 2. There's people here that will bring in the mail. What do you think?

Great to hear all is OK AJ

AJ Drew said:

Thanks.  Bits havent grown back or anything, but I am infection free for the first time in 3 years.  Dont want to sound like an alarmist, but these new super bugs, when they get into your bones, it is like fighting cancer.  Fortunately, I never much liked flip flops.
Glad to hear you doing so much better that's nothing to ignore, was in hospital and I got that yes I had super bug years ago guess they still not cleaning hospitals that good. I got after a 2 weeks stay

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Jeffcontonio said:
My main concern would be having the package arrive while you are out of town. I think a position swap might be a better option.

Greenguru are you ok with receiving this earlier?
I'm in for what ever you think is best

Round 1:
1. Biggy✔️
2. Blackfatallii✔️
3.jubnat✔️
4.magged out✔️
5.hardcore✔️
6.jeffcontonio✔️
7.midwestchilehead✔️
8. bpiela✔️
9.rairdog✔️
10.mpicante✔️

Round 2:

1.paphlady✔️
2.transient exuberance✔️
3.Dan piepho✔️
4.Aj drew
5. Greenguru
6. Genetikx
7. Hillbilly Jeff
8. Parker49
9. Return to station

Train stopped here today.  Its pouring down rain, so spent the day sorting.  It was perfect timing.  Kept some and added what I didnt remember being in there.  If you keep some of the Chocolate Reapers I added, please let me know how they grew for you.  Hope nobody minds I added some non pepper stuff.  Rings I made out of quarters and pennies.  Some Irish Pennies turned into pendants (just a hole punch but they are cool).  Kind of felt right because our KY Ren. fair season is about to start and I have been making them over the winter.

Wanted to toss in a bunch of free tickets, but havent been printed yet.  If anyone would like to visit central Kentucky for the festival, send me a PM and I will see if I can score free tickets again this year.  If you come, just please keep in mind to be working at my forge I have to be well medicated, I will likely stink of sweat, be covered with coal dust and pretending to be the town drunk.  Still, would be fun to meet folk.

Should have tracking number tomorrow night or maybe Saturday.

Round 1:
1. Biggy✔️
2. Blackfatallii✔️
3.jubnat✔️
4.magged out✔️
5.hardcore✔️
6.jeffcontonio✔️
7.midwestchilehead✔️
8. bpiela✔️
9.rairdog✔️
10.mpicante✔️

Round 2:

1.paphlady✔️
2.transient exuberance✔️
3.Dan piepho✔️
4.Aj drew✔️
5. Greenguru
6. Genetikx
7. Hillbilly Jeff
8. Parker49
9. Return to station

AJ Drew said:
If you come, just please keep in mind to be working at my forge I have to be well medicated, I will likely stink of sweat, be covered with coal dust and pretending to be the town drunk.  Still, would be fun to meet folk.
Hah! I wish I were a little farther north, that sounds like a good time. Haven't been to one in years. I know you're a ways away, but if you ever find yourself at the Texas Renfest(forgot where it is, somewhere around Houston), I'll be sure to go and see the show.

Jeffcontonio said:
Round 1:
1. Biggy✔️
2. Blackfatallii✔️
3.jubnat✔️
4.magged out✔️
5.hardcore✔️
6.jeffcontonio✔️
7.midwestchilehead✔️
8. bpiela✔️
9.rairdog✔️
10.mpicante✔️

Round 2:

1.paphlady✔️
2.transient exuberance✔️
3.Dan piepho✔️
4.Aj drew✔️
5. Greenguru
6. Genetikx
7. Hillbilly Jeff
8. Parker49
9. Return to station
Man, almost done already.
Can't wait for the next round at the end of the season...I'm gonna fill that sucker up!

Jubnat said:
Man, almost done already.
Can't wait for the next round at the end of the season...I'm gonna fill that sucker up!
b586a39fec21440255fa68914118e47d.jpg
2f0a789996a2f96fa9d636799259ff03.jpg

I'm hoping for a good season. I have a lot of cool varieties growing right now that I'm looking forward to sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffcontonio said:
I'm hoping for a good season. I have a lot of cool varieties growing right now that I'm looking forward to sharing.

So nice and neat compared to my hodgepodge of random pots and bags, and the frame of my raised bed has long since rotted away. Looks great! Look forward to seeing what you'll be producing this season.

Jubnat said:
So nice and neat compared to my hodgepodge of random pots and bags, and the frame of my raised bed has long since rotted away. Looks great! Look forward to seeing what you'll be producing this season.
Thanks. The plants look a little rough right now. Sun burnt leaves and stuff. (I hate the hardening off process) but I'm sure they will bounce back soon.

Here's my current grow list:
Peach reaper type 1
Peach reaper type 2
Chocolate primo/reaper (CPR)
Bhut orange Copenhagen
Bubblegum 7 pot x cgn21500
Chocolate moruga
White ghost
Jays peach ghost scorpion
Carolina reaper
Yellow bubble gum scorpion
7 pot Katie
Chocolate bhutlah U.K.
Hot Korean
Red moruga
Yellow moruga
Genghis Kahn brain
Chocolate bhutlah
Doughlah x butch T
White bullet habanero
Cumari do para
White bell
Apocalypse
Butch T yellow
MA 7 pot pink

Jeffcontonio said:
Thanks. The plants look a little rough right now. Sun burnt leaves and stuff. (I hate the hardening off process) but I'm sure they will bounce back soon.

Here's my current grow list:
Peach reaper type 1
Peach reaper type 2
Chocolate primo/reaper (CPR)
Bhut orange Copenhagen
Bubblegum 7 pot x cgn21500
Chocolate moruga
White ghost
Jays peach ghost scorpion
Carolina reaper
Yellow bubble gum scorpion
7 pot Katie
Chocolate bhutlah U.K.
Hot Korean
Red moruga
Yellow moruga
Genghis Kahn brain
Chocolate bhutlah
Doughlah x butch T
White bullet habanero
Cumari do para
White bell
Apocalypse
Butch T yellow
MA 7 pot pink

Of all super hots I have eat so far I like the Ghost all colors , and Trinidad mongul scorpion yellow

Jeffcontonio said:

I used to kill myself with hardening off.  For sun, I started putting them in in garage and barn with door open and on my car port.  Two weeks in indirect sunlight does the trick just fine with our weather.  Challenge is temperature.  Started building frames with clear plastic and a space heater.  I adjust black plastic on top of them to shade.  No more moving things around till they go into the ground.

Hoping for a solid / insulated green house soon.  Plan is to cover the thing with black plastic and just kind of move the plastic as needed.  Anything to keep moving things inside and out, inside and out.

BTW: Much thanks for the seed train.  It must take lots of organization to keep on top of folk and track where it is at any time.  My other reason for easy hardening off, keeping track of how many hours a day sucked.  I am not organized. 

Jubnat said:
Hah! I wish I were a little farther north, that sounds like a good time. Haven't been to one in years. I know you're a ways away, but if you ever find yourself at the Texas Renfest(forgot where it is, somewhere around Houston), I'll be sure to go and see the show.

Texas Ren. is huge compared to our little festival.  I would die.  KY Ren. is about 30 minutes from our home.  I can do it and run the farm at the same time.  That and I am not a very good rennie.  Here in KY, they let me get away with saying "Good day Y'all".  Its a great but unusual sort of relationship me and the fair.  Last year when I got out of hospital, I had participants from fair come to farm to pulling weeds in the high tunnel.  A few visited me in the hospital.

Now on the other hand, I have my eye on a very expensive tempering oven.  Need to justify the expense.  So might see my work there some year.  I keep looking at theatrical sword, the ones without much grinding and no forging.  I keep thinking, I can do that for much less money.  We will see.

It looks like the train will arrive Wednesday. I'm really glad it's been moving along so smoothly. Everyone has been great in making sure the turn around time was as quick as possible. Thank you everyone for making this a success!

Back