• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Roast Beef Po' Boy, Inspired by Parasol's in New Orleans

Just talked to my mom and she was telling me she found a recipe that almost nails Parasol's roast beef po' boys. Parasol's is an old New Orleans legendary sandwich shop/bar. They were featured on Triple D (Diners, Drive-Ins, & Dives), and somebody watched it and put their method into print form on the interwebs, and that's the one my mom found. So here it is, for any others that want authentic without leaving home.

http://www.nolacuisine.com/2009/07/21/parasols-style-roast-beef-po-boy-recipe/

Phil said:
That looks awesome! You went with the recipe posted?
Yep I went with the recipie as posted, however I made a roux with the flour, oil, and a 1/2 cup of the broth I had saved. It was delicious. The whole family liked it. We had some dirty rice with it and I bought a king cake at the store for desert. Putting it in the oven for 3-5 mins after you make it really did make it awesome too.

My wife made some Red beans and rice last night. So we've been able to have a few Mardi Gras meals this week.
hot stuff said:
I'm in Osage Beach
Cool. I saw you're a pastor. My uncle just got the job as the pastor of the Assembly of God church. It's funny how much different it is down there from season/ offseason.

Ozzy2001 said:
My wife made some Red beans and rice last night. So we've been able to have a few Mardi Gras meals this week.

Cool. I saw you're a pastor. My uncle just got the job as the pastor of the Assembly of God church. It's funny how much different it is down there from season/ offseason.
True, but the Chamber is doing a great job in extending the season with all sorts of other events these days. But yeah, most the winter it's pretty dead over here.

I recommend Tapitias for a good Mexican hole in the wall next to Woody's. Be prepared to wait half an hour though. The cooks works on Mexican time.

We used to go down to Dogpatch every summer.  Very fond memories of time spent there.  

VERY nice rendition of the po boy Ozzy!  Classing it up w the romaine lettuce an hsit.  :)

Back