• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RocketMan 2014 - Resurrection

Wow, first growing season in the new house and I'm totally stoked for this one. Lots of prep work still to be done but there's plenty of time to get it done before plant out. So, here is a pic of where Pepper Row will be going in:

D94DFA0C-B99C-4B8A-982B-79DE489D9ABE-8559-00000C4E05B54911_zps3cffd7c1.jpg

I'll be coming out about another 18 to 24 inches from the fence. The brick line will move out to the new edge and the Ivey will be kept cut back to wher it is now so the fence doesn't show through, she who must be obeyed has made it known that she doesn't want to see it :)

I'm still working on the list and as these will probably be in for a while I'm actually thinking about rather a short list using the peppers I use most often in sauces but can't get locally like Fataliis and planting 3 or 4 of each.

The other, non-pepper stuff will be growing in the big bed at the end of the row. We'll be putting in raised beds there but first I have to remove this bast@rd:

Devv said:
Secret Santa did you good!

Good luck this season Bill!

Yes sir, that Santa fellow sure know's his business, secret or not :)

Pinoy83 said:
nice list and lots of heat on your shelf :drooling: :drooling: :drooling:

:drooling:  :drooling:  :drooling:

GA Growhead said:
I have few extra OP seeds of your MIA varieties. Send me your address and they are yours. No reason to change the ingredients to one of your next sauces last minute. :D

Thank you, PM on it's way as soon as I finish this :)
WalkGood said:
I hit subscribe , great list and a great new place, I'm happy to see dat MoA made the list, great success in 14!

Wishing you & yours Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!

Well I was planning on it but the MOA seeds I had decided they didn't want to move with us or something. I looked through the entire house and can't find them :( 

RocketMan said:
30 minutes to go till I'm off and I'm going crazy to get home and see if I've got any tails yet and knowing that it's not that fast :)

Going to be an exciting year I'm thinking :)

Yeah, it's like waiting for water to boil ;) I only check mine once a day :liar:

Great glogging goodness, Bill! Great folks here: I may have a garden full of MoAs, ha! (Need more space!)

Good luck and much love at your new house and new grow for 2014! Thank you for all your help and suggestions on fermenting (I will never go back, probably!) And for sharing recipes, hon!

Have a wonderful Christmas and gloriously Happy New Year!

Big thanks to GA Growhead for sending me this

ABD68E48-52EA-4436-B533-C3A769ED79A3_zpscaemiuwf.jpg

Now the original list is back on

MOA Scotch Bonnet - GA Growhead
Jamaican Hot Chocolate - GA Growhead
Douglah - Pic 1
Red Savina - Pic 1
Thai Short Hot
Jonah - Pic 1
Butch T - Pic 1
Primo - GA Growhead

With a few additional

Bolivian Rainbow - kentishman
Black Pearl
Numex Twilight - kentishman
Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet - Pic 1
Scotch Bonnet - Pic 1
Jamaican Brown Habanero

I want to pick 1 more from the new group, any suggestions?

Wonderful Christmas present from Georgia, for sure!  But,
:rofl: Jason is making it really hard to control your grow list!

That gingerbread looks great   :drooling:   My wife made some this
Christmas, too - one of my favorites!  Somehow it doesn't
seem too fattening   ;)

I've decided that the 4th one of the seeds Jason sent will be the Wild Brazil. I haven't grown any wild yet and am wanting to give them a try beside I like the description Nightshade gave for them.

D497A6D6-AE1B-4BD3-B2FA-14CDA5FF5A64_zpsbaz3bnig.jpg

So, the final lineup will be:

1. Bolivian Rainbow - kentishman
2. Black Pearl
3. Numex Twilight - kentishman
4. Fatalii - pepperlover
5. Thai Short Hot (Bird)
6. Red Savina - Pic 1
7. Butch T - Pic 1
8. Jonah - Pic 1
9. Douglah - Pic 1
10. Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet - Pic 1
11. FDA Scotch Bonnet - Pic 1
12. Jamaican Brown Habanero - Pic 1
13. MOA Scotch Bonnet - GA Growhead
14. Jamaican Hot Chocolate - GA Growhead
15. 7 Pot Primo - GA Growhead
16. Wild Brazil - GA Growhead

Most will be going in the ground on Pepper Row and if I run out of room then the rest will go into Root Pouches. Really getting excited for this season. I'm hoping that some of these will turn into some great Mother plants. Now to start planning for the Veggie Garden. Still a lot of work to do to get them both ready. I did find the video camera and tripod so we could video the Big Reveal of Santa to the kids so I don't have to rely on the IPhone and it's messed up audio now :)

Have a great weekend y'all, I have to get the Christmas decorations put away, yay!! :(
It always makes me a little sad to take it down but

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!!!!  :party:  :beer:  :drunk:  :party:

Back