• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RocketMan 2014 - Resurrection

Wow, first growing season in the new house and I'm totally stoked for this one. Lots of prep work still to be done but there's plenty of time to get it done before plant out. So, here is a pic of where Pepper Row will be going in:

D94DFA0C-B99C-4B8A-982B-79DE489D9ABE-8559-00000C4E05B54911_zps3cffd7c1.jpg

I'll be coming out about another 18 to 24 inches from the fence. The brick line will move out to the new edge and the Ivey will be kept cut back to wher it is now so the fence doesn't show through, she who must be obeyed has made it known that she doesn't want to see it :)

I'm still working on the list and as these will probably be in for a while I'm actually thinking about rather a short list using the peppers I use most often in sauces but can't get locally like Fataliis and planting 3 or 4 of each.

The other, non-pepper stuff will be growing in the big bed at the end of the row. We'll be putting in raised beds there but first I have to remove this bast@rd:

Can't go wrong with Wild Brazils from Jason! He even did all the work for me and sent me a plant last year!!! What a great guy...can't wait to see all those weeds out of your garden!!! :rofl: Nice list brotha! Only addition I would have made is a Yellow Scorp or Brain in that mix...but you'll have some yellow heat with them MOAs...

Excellent choice, Bill!  I'm going to give some Wild Brazils
a shot this season along with some other wilds.   Let the
fun begin!

RocketMan said:
I've decided that the 4th one of the seeds Jason sent will be the Wild Brazil. I haven't grown any wild yet and am wanting to give them a try beside I like the description Nightshade gave for them.

D497A6D6-AE1B-4BD3-B2FA-14CDA5FF5A64_zpsbaz3bnig.jpg

So, the final lineup will be:

1. Bolivian Rainbow - kentishman
2. Black Pearl
3. Numex Twilight - kentishman
4. Fatalii - pepperlover
5. Thai Short Hot (Bird)
6. Red Savina - Pic 1
7. Butch T - Pic 1
8. Jonah - Pic 1
9. Douglah - Pic 1
10. Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet - Pic 1
11. FDA Scotch Bonnet - Pic 1
12. Jamaican Brown Habanero - Pic 1
13. MOA Scotch Bonnet - GA Growhead
14. Jamaican Hot Chocolate - GA Growhead
15. 7 Pot Primo - GA Growhead
16. Wild Brazil - GA Growhead

Most will be going in the ground on Pepper Row and if I run out of room then the rest will go into Root Pouches. Really getting excited for this season. I'm hoping that some of these will turn into some great Mother plants. Now to start planning for the Veggie Garden. Still a lot of work to do to get them both ready. I did find the video camera and tripod so we could video the Big Reveal of Santa to the kids so I don't have to rely on the IPhone and it's messed up audio now :)

Have a great weekend y'all, I have to get the Christmas decorations put away, yay!! :(
It always makes me a little sad to take it down but
 HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!!!!  :party:  :beer:  :drunk:  :party:
You will be pleasantly surprised with the heat of those little guys they are in my top 10 favorites you will find they are good tossed on whole and fresh on seafood tacos.

Wonderful list Bill! That was awesome of Jason to send you those. 

I tried to grow Wild Brazil last year but had a mishap with the two sprouts I managed to get with the seeds I sowed : (  Should be a good variety based on everyones review of it though. Good luck with those germ rates and Happy New Year!

Collected a germination data this morning.

Started   /   Germinated
1. Bolivian Rainbow - kentishman                             9                    6
2. Black Pearl                                                           7                    0
3. Numex Twilight - kentishman                                7                    6  
4. Fatalii - pepperlover                                            14                  6
5. Thai Short Hot (Bird)                                           12                 12 
6. Red Savina - Pic 1                                              10                  7
7. Butch T - Pic 1                                                     4                   4
8. Jonah - Pic 1                                                        8                   8       
9. Douglah - Pic 1                                                   10                10
10. Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet - Pic 1                 8                   6
11. FDA Scotch Bonnet - Pic 1                               13                13            
12. Jamaican Brown Habanero - Pic 1                    12                12
13. MOA Scotch Bonnet - GA Growhead                 9                 7   
14. Jamaican Hot Chocolate - GA Growhead           9                 2     
15. 7 Pot Primo - GA Growhead                               9                 3
16. Wild Brazil - GA Growhead                               12                 7                                       

Jason, those seeds came out of the 24 hour soak with tails already growing out. Not sure is that's a good thing or not but I'm ready to grow some peppers now!

GA Growhead said:
Wow!
That's crazy fast. They are fresh seeds!
I guessing that is a good thing. :D

Yeah, I was shocked when i saw the little tales. Dug out my old magnifying glass to be sure and yep there were those little tails pointing at going Bwahahaha :)

PaulG said:
Hey, Bill, some 100 percenters there!  
Good job getting things up and going!
Can't wait to see them in pepper row!

Happy New Year!

Those came from Greg, Pic 1, going to have to post to his Glog and let him know. He sent me a bunch of seed my first year growing and they've been great every since.

Well it's getting about time to give these babies some diapers. Picked up 2 of these from Walmart for about $5.00 US each.

A4BEE904-7588-49EC-A41A-23C0960497DF_zpsnugxai5e.jpg

I'll be filling them with a mix of some organic vegetable garden soil and mushroom compost

E6389D05-5824-470E-ABDF-2DFF2EE8BAF7_zps7ewgqngh.jpg

Plant Tone to get some Micos going in there

614731CE-0C5B-4BA1-8C69-05B26A37CF78_zpsiktkmbz0.jpg

These and the other bags of egg shells will be pulverized into dust and added to give some calcium

CF3E9B39-FC34-454B-84ED-BAE0806BB8E9_zps8gzirsra.jpg

And yes a 12 pack of Samual Adams Black Lager to keep them seeds happy :)
Actually the coffee grounds at the bottom, 10% grounds which I'll pick up on my way home from Starbucks
78527BB6-9DBC-476C-BAE7-83951348900D_zpskh3yo3um.jpg

Happy New Year everyone and remember to drink at least 2 bottles of water before going to bed so your head will not start 2014 hating you :)

Ok had to get them into some dirt today. Mixed it up per above.

E0D5811C-66E7-4ED6-84E0-5960AD447625_zpsil6mwpwg.jpg

Spread into the trays.

8AE3B59F-3BAF-439C-B403-6850030D5250_zpsahgojeah.jpg

Could have just put them outside but I've been looking forward to using the Rocket Room so, just using what I have on hand for now. I'll upgrade down the road, maybe next year.

D39285F9-A6CD-42DD-B05F-CF56479B5145_zpsguqygztd.jpg

I don't know if it's a T5, T8 it's a Twhatever but it's in there giving light.

84821DFA-BEF8-4B3C-816E-59CC6096120F_zps2nzyddrz.jpg

When they're big enough to need a fan I'll probably move them outside. For now though I'll rotate them weekly so that they all get a week under direct light.

Happy New Years y'all. I gotta check the smoker now.

Back