• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

Spicegeist said:

Nice pics and reviews.  Good to see the mustard bhut here.  I have seeds, but didn't grow it this year.  How are the rest of the pods on the plant?  I've seen pics of a few smaller pods like yours so far this season... I'm curious whether the plant can put out larger and longer pods too.
IMAG3544.jpg

I pulled these from my plant last year, not really elongated like an Bhut.

HillBilly Jeff said:
Great looking pods.  Lovin the grade A plant!!!

Thanks Jeff she sure is a looker :) 

meatfreak said:
Excellent review on the Pimenta Lisa, Jamie. Glad you liked it, Hab heat sounds about right. Didn't got any hotter over here either, the peach pheno pods are very tasty compared to the more white/purple ones. Then again those are very pretty so, choices choices :) You gotta stop it with the Lava pictures, it's getting ridiculous!? Awesome my friend :D

Why thank you and I could not have done it without you . And I know I am obsessed with the Lava plant :) 

Trippa said:
Looking good Romy!! Loving those MOA shapes ... what have the temperatures been like for you this summer? Keep on growing!

Thanks Tristen . The MoA's are pure Bonnett . The temps are raging from low to mid 90's and lows at night around 75 to 80 . Rainiest summer we have had in years is helping my poor little container plants survive. Humidity raging from 85 to 100. Thick and sticky just the way I like it  ;)

Spicegeist said:

Nice pics and reviews.  Good to see the mustard bhut here.  I have seeds, but didn't grow it this year.  How are the rest of the pods on the plant?  I've seen pics of a few smaller pods like yours so far this season... I'm curious whether the plant can put out larger and longer pods too.

Thank you Charles . The mustard bhut is a tasty morsel  and I know how you like your Bhut's . The plant itself was attacked by Mites early on and never produced or grew like it should . Only had two pods and that was the bigger one( currently in isolation trying to recover :mope: )  . In the right conditions you could get pods twice that size just like what Stefan has . He sent me the awesome seeds too :) With your skills you would have no problem getting huge pods . 

Wish that 10' lava would explode in pods. Let it erupt romy
And btw let's get this football season rolling
And oh yeah. MoA FTW!!!!

OCD Chilehead said:
Very nice food and pod pics Jamie. A really cool grow going on. Those pods look really healthy looking. MOA looks tasty.

Thanks for the reviews.

Thanks Chuck . My pleasure. 

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
And btw let's get this football season rolling
And oh yeah. MoA FTW!!!!

Of it is Denniz just hidden under the canopy . Hotter that hell too  :mouthonfire:

Nice Jamie really nice!

That MoA has some really sweet looking pods! I wish Ramon and Steve were around to see how well the seeds have done for all of us.

And of course the rest of the grow is looking great! The heat has shut mine down, triple digits do not make peppers here :shh:

Keep it green my friend!

Devv said:
Nice Jamie really nice!

That MoA has some really sweet looking pods! I wish Ramon and Steve were around to see how well the seeds have done for all of us.

And of course the rest of the grow is looking great! The heat has shut mine down, triple digits do not make peppers here :shh:

Keep it green my friend!
I don't see ramon post anymore. But from time to time. Steve posts on the moa thread

Just checking in.....as usual looking good my friend !!!  I saw your ad but was to late....just as well though---maybe next month....LOL.  Keep up the great work.

PaulG said:
Your MoA plant is looking fantastic - great pods!
 Thanks Paul it is a great strain !!

Devv said:
Nice Jamie really nice!

Keep it green my friend!
 I here ya Scotty it is brutal right now . Just need to hang on a couple more months :)

Barley-pop57 said:
Just checking in.....as usual looking good my friend !!!  I saw your ad but was to late....just as well though---maybe next month....LOL.  Keep up the great work.

Thanks Mike . No worries you don't need to but them from me  ;)

So not a whole bunch going on . Plants are doing well for the most part. Heat and humidity are taking there toll on some . The Galap's, manzano,  and rocoto could not handle it . Not sure why I keep trying to grow them . Maybe because they are so tasty . Had a small harvest a few days ago 

photo_zps19270179.jpg

smoked some peppers with applewood ( my favorite ) and making powder .

photo_zps84699fc1.jpg

My Borg9 plant has one ripe pod. Very small and pimply 

photo_zpsceb1bc6e.jpg

My happiest plant ( not counting the Lava aka the Beast ) is the brown moruga. It is in a 3 gal pot and producing monster pods . Tons of them. He says heat , what heat ? Don't bother me a bit 

:fireball:

photo_zpse03ce7c7.jpg

has about 50 pods all Huge some with stingers but looking true 

photo_zps850b996f.jpg

Here is how most of my plants look when I come home from work  :confused:

photo_zps01d3d8cd.jpg

And about 30 minutes after watering . All better  :dance:

photo_zpsef4a3758.jpg

Have a great weekend just 8 days until I will be watching live Gator football at the swamp  :onfire:

Damn it! lost my whole post!  Beer fingers.  Start over. 

Jamie, those pans of smoke to be peppers are fine.  Got me thinking about the grill too!

My plants look the same each day too.  Half I have on the IV drip don't, but the rest do cause I got lazy and did not plumb them all.  I'll just hand water from barrel like an idiot mule.

Don't get me started on those crazy bloody calyxes.  Borg9?  I assimilated long ago.  I transplanted one of my BBG7's (one with buds that appear to want to swallow whatever gets near) to the "happening" raised bed replacing a declining subject.  Also transplanted (in August!), one of Stefan's Purple pheno P. Lisa and a NagaBrain.  We'll see how it goes!

Your brown Moruga loaded in a 3 g pot.  Crazy talk that is!

Have the best evening possible Jamie!

Mike

I'm in the same boat as to how the plants look every afternoon when I get home. I water them every 2 days now, and they don't dry out from lack of water, it's the heat!

The Brown Moruga, I love it when a plant just says "The hell with the heat, I'm a poddin'". But then it ticks me off when I plant one in March and get 4 pods, those are the ones I pass on the next season.

Grows still kicking Jamie!

And loving the pods ready for smoking. I need to do the same!

Enjoy the weekend!

capsidadburn said:

Lol! I do the same thing without the excuse of having a beer first... :rolleyes:

Everything looks right with your world brother Jamie... nice to know you've got the "resurrection touch" when it comes to drooping plants at the end of the day.

I made my first batch of Jalapeno jelly this weekend... what would you say would be the best use for it? Cheers!

meatfreak said:
Top notch update my friend. Borg 9 looks hot! Have a great weekend.

I will tell you tonight Stefan . Should be a but burner  :hell:

capsidadburn said:

Jamie, those pans of smoke to be peppers are fine.  Got me thinking about the grill too!

My plants look the same each day too.  Half I have on the IV drip don't, but the rest do cause I got lazy and did not plumb them all.  I'll just hand water from barrel like an idiot mule.

Don't get me started on those crazy bloody calyxes.  Borg9?  I assimilated long ago.  I transplanted one of my BBG7's (one with buds that appear to want to swallow whatever gets near) to the "happening" raised bed replacing a declining subject.  Also transplanted (in August!), one of Stefan's Purple pheno P. Lisa and a NagaBrain.  We'll see how it goes!

Your brown Moruga loaded in a 3 g pot.  Crazy talk that is!

Have the best evening possible Jamie!

Mike

You crack me up Mike . If I had a dollar for every post I made then proceeded to hit the escape key and loos it all  :confused: Thanks for the good vibes . Your EOB is super healthy and flowering now , Should have some pods soon 

Barley-pop57 said:
NICE BRO !!!!!!  
 Thanks Mikey 

Devv said:
I'm in the same boat as to how the plants look every afternoon when I get home. I water them every 2 days now, and they don't dry out from lack of water, it's the heat!

The Brown Moruga, I love it when a plant just says "The hell with the heat, I'm a poddin'". But then it ticks me off when I plant one in March and get 4 pods, those are the ones I pass on the next season.

Grows still kicking Jamie!

And loving the pods ready for smoking. I need to do the same!

Enjoy the weekend!
 Yes indeed Scotty I started this ( brown moruga ) in February and it got stunted for months . Then one day in July,  the bitch woke up and went gangster on me . Now it is the mack of my crop  :rofl:

photo_zps850b996f.jpg

wayright said:
Diggin it Romy  

juss gotta listen to em,lovin how nice they come back!
Reminds me of my hardening practices 

Great stuff broham

Kevin

Thank you master 

PIC 1 said:

Dam man...................you're winging it !........I don't even have a bird house on one of my plants....... 

Ha ha you are slacking then  ;)

stickman said:

Lol! I do the same thing without the excuse of having a beer first... 

Everything looks right with your world brother Jamie... nice to know you've got the "resurrection touch" when it comes to drooping plants at the end of the day.

I made my first batch of Jalapeno jelly this weekend... what would you say would be the best use for it? Cheers!

Thanks Rick . I got skills I didn't even know existed  ;) I prefer a nice slice of warm banana nut bread with my spicy jellies . But shoot it goes great on pancakes, bagels , and English muffins . Are you noticing a theme here  :party:

Not much to show today .Been slacking but the Garden is still trucking . Finally finished that second round of smoked powders . Lots of aphids and stuff lurking and loving my weather . Trying to stay on top of them .  :flamethrower:

Harvest from yesterday 

photo_zps4c68ade1.jpg

Wife loves the MoA's but the again who doesn't 

peppers all dried. So humid it took 2 hours and 7 days to dry . Smoked for the first two hours with applewood 

photo_zps9dce88aa.jpg

Finished product is amazing . Tons of heat and flavor . 

photo_zps27dff4f9.jpg

And look at my Ally Bear . This has been her chair since she was a puppy . Now she is 6 months old and still trying to rock it  :clap:

photo_zps9c5e9195.jpg

Just a few months ago . Don't blink you will miss something . 

IMG_5230_zps4b2c8805.jpg

Back