• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

PIC 1 said:
Nice surgery doctor !...............and Matt's pod has an Alien growing inside of it.

Ha ha G yes indeed it does :)

Barley-pop57 said:
Nice !!!  You probably have a high tolerance for the peppers heat as you eat them on a regular basis....I would need some tucks for the backside---wouldn't stop me though....lol

If you need volunteers for torture for next year....well I once was in the service and I would volunteer for this dangerous mission...lol

Pics are great....getting a hankering for some of your food pics.  Great job !!!!!!!

Thanks Mike but even I have my limitations . 

stickman said:
Well, that's starting the long weekend with a bang Jamie! :rofl:  It'll be my turn when I sample my first ripe Naga King this weekend. Butch T and Douglah plants are really kickin' 'em out right now too. Got anything planned for the grill this weekend? Keep up the good work brother!

Thanks Rick.  Grilled some tasty roctotos from prodigal_son and some nice rib-eyes . Wish you could have joined me . Super tasty 

Roguejim said:
Eek!  What does one do with peppers so hot you "may not eat one fresh ever again"? 

I say make some tasty sauce  or powder . Once cooked they loose some heat but keep the flavor . Brown pods mixed with some tasty baccatums make for an excellent smoked powder. 

Pulpiteer said:

Ha!  I love a review that ends with "may not eat one fresh ever again."  Perfect.

It does look mean.

Yes I said that the last time I tried one. Pure pain . 

Great weekend even if my Gators got rained out 

small harvest again :(

IMG_5621_zpsa39b2ebb.jpg

Love me some Cumari pollux. Wish they were golf ball sized 

IMG_6519_zps39632d98.jpg

IMG_2731_zps6e613dc9.jpg

Brown Morugas again . I sent these to others to feel the pain 

IMG_5626_zps9d1d25be.jpg

Couple bubblegum's

IMG_5630_zpsdb6eac25.jpg

And tried me yet another cross that is ripening green  :crazy: Second in two years . This was supposed to be a jigsaw. So shall we call it Evergreen Jigsaw or like my brother meatfreak said" Gator Jigsaw ". I like that even  more . For now we will just name it a Not Jigsaw . 

Big bumpy pods . Seeds look very mature and pod was getting soft so I pulled it 

IMG_5616_zpsa2400c43.jpg

IMG_5617_zps03343a02.jpg

Lots of oils not a whole bunch of placenta . Smelled like fresh cut grass on a spring day . 

IMG_5619_zpsab4f1236.jpg

IMG_5620_zps47049669.jpg

Had a pleasant flavor like a green cayenne but much hotter . I would say red hab kinda heat . Mainly mouth and tongue . Lasted for about 5 minutes . Would be great for a green salsa or hot sauce . 

Have a great week all and thanks for checking in 

IMG_5618_zps6bfb62cc.jpg

It appears my Glog has lost interest among my loyal followers  :mope:  But here is an update anyhow  ;)

Lava and the sheltered bunch still green .

photo_zps3b5c9b14.jpg

My cheater tank is making more prospects 

photo_zps03653d9e.jpg

Still getting some harvests . 

photo_zpsf8015a41.jpg

browns

IMG_5639_zps0c0a8371.jpg

greens 

IMG_5636_zpsf6746b8a.jpg

and reds 

IMG_5637_zps6e5d73b7.jpg

made some tasty poppers for the big game 

photo_zpsb34fd885.jpg

And the best damn chicken dinner I have had in a while with the last of Buddy's tasty hot BBG sauce 

photo_zpsb333cba1.jpg

Until we meet again . have a safe week ! 

Girls out front are looking healthy for this time of year aren't they? Still getting nice pulls and you have the advantage of starting and putting things out pretty much whenever you want. Keep on rocking it.

Everything is looking fantastic as usual! :onfire:
Haven't been commenting too much but I've always been following your glog
since I got here on THP :P !

Hope all is well!

Cheers,
miksi

romy6 said:
It appears my Glog has lost interest among my loyal followers  :mope:  But here is an update anyhow  ;)

Lava and the sheltered bunch still green .

photo_zps3b5c9b14.jpg

My cheater tank is making more prospects 

photo_zps03653d9e.jpg

Still getting some harvests . 

photo_zpsf8015a41.jpg

browns

IMG_5639_zps0c0a8371.jpg

greens 

IMG_5636_zpsf6746b8a.jpg

and reds 

IMG_5637_zps6e5d73b7.jpg

made some tasty poppers for the big game 

photo_zpsb34fd885.jpg

And the best damn chicken dinner I have had in a while with the last of Buddy's tasty hot BBG sauce 

photo_zpsb333cba1.jpg

Until we meet again . have a safe week ! 

Never will this lose interest with me!  Great looking peppers my friend!

Hi Jamie,

I haven't lost interest.....thinking jealousy is kick'n in....LOL    I have been lazy and not done the popper thing again...pic reminded me of the one I sent you----thought you just re-posted mine....LOL.         Everything looks great---both peppers and pods !!!!

Not much more I can say that hasn't been said, My friend.

Sorry brother... not lost interest, but busier than #$&@! Lately I've only been able to snatch a day here and there to get caught up with other glogs. You just keep on like you've been doing... it's hard to improve on success. :party:

Excellent update Jaime, looking forward to trying a pod off of the three praetermissums I have growing... Cap1141, Cumari Verdadeira, and a C. Baccatum var. Praetermissum.... Still waiting for cooler weather.

Dang romy, good looking pods, cute kids and killer dogs, you got it made brother

Have you ever seen a Scorpion with this much oil in it though:
cheers, oh we missed you at the I Like It Hot Fest!

Hey bud,

Time has been crazy. The wife actually expects me to do more than grow peppers. I've torn down the garden, the soil and me need a break, cover crop is coming up and I'm back in the wood shop. I have to finish making doors and drawers for the change-order (3 more pieces). Not to mention the 3 trees I need to cut up, split and chip into mulch.

Glad to see you're still pulling. I have about 10 plants left, I hope that they will flower and do something before the cold gets here.

Poppers and plate shot look great!

Well thank you guys . I am feeling a whole lotta love now :)

Seacowboy said:
Girls out front are looking healthy for this time of year aren't they? Still getting nice pulls and you have the advantage of starting and putting things out pretty much whenever you want. Keep on rocking it.

Thanks J man . I am blessed my man . 

miksi said:
Everything is looking fantastic as usual! 
Haven't been commenting too much but I've always been following your glog
since I got here on THP !

Hope all is well!

Cheers,
miksi

Thanks Miksi . That means alot to me . Blushing now. 

jedisushi06 said:
Green Jigsaw!  Hey buddy text me when u can i  need your number again.  I got a new phone and lost a bunch of numbers.
What you lost mu number  :confused:  I will fix that pronto . Wondering where you been  :party:

buddy said:
Never will this lose interest with me!  Great looking peppers my friend!
Thanks Terry . You are the man with the plan . 

PIC 1 said:

It appears my Glog has lost interest among my loyal followers   But here is an update anyhow  

You never said... Follow the leader............... ..............besides you're way ahead of us !

nice harvest.......poppers...and that chicken-lick'in dinner looks delish !

I only wish Greg but many thanks and I feel needed again  :dance:

meatfreak said:
Some harvest he says, that's an killer harvest! Considering the conditions your growing in :) Poppers look lovely  

Ha ha Stefan nothing like your pulls but thanks . 

outlaw said:
The Gators are really cool! Such a fresh green look, very unique 

Meal looks fit for a king!! 
 Thank you Trev. I have a feeling you will taste one soon :)

Browning said:
Excellent thread Sir
Thank you very humbled and you know how to make a guy smile  :P

Thanks Mike . You have always been by my side  :fireball:

No worries Rick I totally understand . Thank you 

Portuge said:
Excellent update Jaime, looking forward to trying a pod off of the three praetermissums I have growing... Cap1141, Cumari Verdadeira, and a C. Baccatum var. Praetermissum.... Still waiting for cooler weather.

Very nice P , Let me know how they taste . I would bet very tasty :drooling:  . 

Billster I saw that video the other day . Sick I must say . I had some Brains like that a few years ago . Brutal I tell ya  :hell:

Scotty my man . You are amazing. How you find so much time to keep everyone happy. I need to take notes from the master . 

I will try to post some pics soon. Kids are sick , My Tebow ate or gotten bit by something . He swelled up and had hives covering his entire body . The vet said if her didn't way 95 pounds he may not be here today . But he is resting at home now safe . I think he ate a poisonous Caterpillar . Been seeing a bunch of them .  

Fee harvests from the week . Getting small . Couple moths should be more better 

photo_zps5f6bda12.jpg

photo_zps9e005396.jpg

Thanks everyone for stopping bye . 

Back