• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

The pics are priceless !!!  Your going to have your hands full when your lil' lady grows up....can see you walking the young gentlemen into the door jamb as in the sitcom "Married w/children"  :lol:  Heck you probably wasn't around when the show aired.

Curious what does the borg 9 look like ???  I'm guessing that big brown one is a big a$$ed brown moruga.  I think you can make it thru one more week now that you have a lil' powder :lol:

jsschrstrcks said:
The yellow really pops on those MoAs', and the borg9 is cool. What do you think of the taste of the 9?

I have not tried it yet . When I do I will do a small review here. Nice to see you back in the land of chili .

Devv said:
Pods, powder, and puppy!

All look great as does the pic with your daughter.

Keep it green buddy!

Life is good brother . Thanks Scott :)

jsschrstrcks said:
By the way, are you doing anything special for your pubescents?

I was shading them and giving them  all the love in the world :dance:  . Then summer came and they all died except for my rocoto which is on it's last leg  :mope: Pubes X 100%humidity X 100 plus temps =  :banghead: certain death  :banghead:

Barley-pop57 said:
The pics are priceless !!!  Your going to have your hands full when your lil' lady grows up....can see you walking the young gentlemen into the door jamb as in the sitcom "Married w/children"  :lol:  Heck you probably wasn't around when the show aired.

Curious what does the borg 9 look like ???  I'm guessing that big brown one is a big a$$ed brown moruga.  I think you can make it thru one more week now that you have a lil' powder :lol:

Dang Mike how old do you think I am   :whistle:  . I was a teenager watching that show  :D
 And don't worry the boys won't even get in the door if I am home  :lol:
I posted a few pics of the borg9

photo_zpsceb1bc6e.jpg

Super tiny pods and very bumpy . Much like a BBG7 which is the mother I believe .

Just thought I would show this amazing package I received from MGGOLD86 . Matt is a super generous guy . I have a few more to add to the grow now . Thank you sir . 

photo_zpse96e8955.jpg

It's good to be back :)

Haha if you can get a single pod off that plant though you might have better luck with them next year.

Fortunately fall is at the door knocking. If it can hang in there a little longer it might just make it.

That Borg is a tiny pepper.

How hot is the borg 9 ???  Who comes up with these names....I know enough of the 20 questions...lol.   It does look like some cross with a bbg7 & ??

I was thinking of trying a rocoto (i never tried one yet but have seeds from Judy) next year but in IA well who knows weather wise...it was a crap shoot this year. 

Although you might of had a little trouble with a few of the peppers I'd say by far it appears to be a kick butt year for you.  Plus you have that extended growing season where you are at.

Anyway they all look good !!!!

romy6 said:

I will tell you tonight Stefan . Should be a but burner  :hell:

You crack me up Mike . If I had a dollar for every post I made then proceeded to hit the escape key and loos it all  :confused: Thanks for the good vibes . Your EOB is super healthy and flowering now , Should have some pods soon 

Thanks Mikey 

Yes indeed Scotty I started this ( brown moruga ) in February and it got stunted for months . Then one day in July,  the bitch woke up and went gangster on me . Now it is the mack of my crop  :rofl:

photo_zps850b996f.jpg

Thank you master 

Ha ha you are slacking then  ;)

Thanks Rick . I got skills I didn't even know existed  ;) I prefer a nice slice of warm banana nut bread with my spicy jellies . But shoot it goes great on pancakes, bagels , and English muffins . Are you noticing a theme here  :party:

Not much to show today .Been slacking but the Garden is still trucking . Finally finished that second round of smoked powders . Lots of aphids and stuff lurking and loving my weather . Trying to stay on top of them .  :flamethrower:

Harvest from yesterday 

photo_zps4c68ade1.jpg

Wife loves the MoA's but the again who doesn't 

peppers all dried. So humid it took 2 hours and 7 days to dry . Smoked for the first two hours with applewood 

photo_zps9dce88aa.jpg

Finished product is amazing . Tons of heat and flavor . 

photo_zps27dff4f9.jpg

And look at my Ally Bear . This has been her chair since she was a puppy . Now she is 6 months old and still trying to rock it  :clap:

photo_zps9c5e9195.jpg

Just a few months ago . Don't blink you will miss something . 

IMG_5230_zps4b2c8805.jpg
good looking dog.
great looking plants.
beautiful daughter - you must be a very proud father.

btw - I need you in Illinois to fix my plants.  just say the word and i'll fly you up!

Good on Matt for sharing the love! Things may be slowing down for you ATM, but I'm sure they'll pick up again when it cools down a bit more for you... hopefully the pests leave then too...  Cheers Jamie!

jsschrstrcks said:
It's good to be back :)

Haha if you can get a single pod off that plant though you might have better luck with them next year.

Fortunately fall is at the door knocking. If it can hang in there a little longer it might just make it.

That Borg is a tiny pepper.

Thank you kind sir . Oh it will make it and should produce some larger pods if I can break it's funk . Have two ripe pods with more coming in as we speak .

Barley-pop57 said:
How hot is the borg 9 ???  Who comes up with these names....I know enough of the 20 questions...lol.   It does look like some cross with a bbg7 & ??

I was thinking of trying a rocoto (i never tried one yet but have seeds from Judy) next year but in IA well who knows weather wise...it was a crap shoot this year. 

Although you might of had a little trouble with a few of the peppers I'd say by far it appears to be a kick butt year for you.  Plus you have that extended growing season where you are at.

Anyway they all look good !!!!
 I love rocotos . Only had a few but they were so juicliscious . Thank you Mike. I have seeds if you want some ? 

buddy said:
good looking dog.
great looking plants.
beautiful daughter - you must be a very proud father.

btw - I need you in Illinois to fix my plants.  just say the word and i'll fly you up!

Just buy the plane ticket ( make sure it is on a weekend we can catch an Illini game ) and I will fly my ass up  ;)

Thank you Terry . 4 days until our season begins  :party:

heefy said:
Bump for sure. Pimenta Lisa looks great.

Thank you . I should have some better pics tonight or tomoorow time permitting :)

stickman said:
Good on Matt for sharing the love! Things may be slowing down for you ATM, but I'm sure they'll pick up again when it cools down a bit more for you... hopefully the pests leave then too...  Cheers Jamie!

Thanks Rick. I still have about 4 months of prime growing so look out  :shh:

Nulle said:
Ooh she's getting so big, but still just beautiful. :P  I do miss a pic of her and her big brother though.

Ask and she shall receive Linda Lou . Took this last night 

They were hungry  :P

IMG_9392_zpsa4de7896.jpg

All looking awesome Romy!! .... everyone is on the MOA bandwagon ... got me thinking how do they compare with SB TFM's for flavour??

Nulle said:
They are gorgeous as usual :onfire: . Thanks for the pic.
My pleasure 

jedisushi06 said:

Nothing to see here . Carry on my friend :)
Devv said:
Love the doggie pic, feed me Daddy, feed me ;)
Thanks scotty

Trippa said:
All lookingawesome Romy!! .... everyone is on the MOA bandwagon ... got me thinking how do they compare with SB TFM's for flavour??

Thanks Tripp, They are better taster to me . Not as  earthy flavored . They are keeping up with the hype IMHO  ;)

So last I I tried many peppers and for that I am paying the price today . Three I will be reviewing . The first was the Borg9. It has been producing some small but deadly tasty pods 

IMG_5600_zpsbedf6305.jpg

I was amazed at how much placenta and seeds were packed in the pod 

IMG_5601_zps7a1902fa.jpg

IMG_5604_zps69f88929.jpg

It really did not have a ton of flavor . Had a little smell of chinense but not overpowering . Over all a pleasant tasty chilly . Much like a yellow 7 . Slighty floral and sweet . Heat is a creeper but when it came it stayed a while . Mainly just mouth burn very little throat or tongue sensation . Lasted about 10 minutes . 

Next up was the Bubble gum 7 . Another small pod but much like the Borg9 made up for size with heat and flavor . 

IMG_5607_zpsa8e93c20.jpg

IMG_5609_zps0fe6519c.jpg

Again this pod was packed with seeds and placenta and of course oils o plenty . I can say this pepper tasted nothing like bubblegum  ;)  Not sure where or how anyone could taste anything even remotely close to that :rofl:  .  But it was and is a great tasting chilly with plenty of flavor and heat to go with it . Smooth tasting with no earthy or bitterness . Almost sweet like a ripe jalapeno but a little more floral or green tasting . Serious burn . More than the Borg9. Same type of heat mostly mouth and where I chewed . I am sure a healthier plant would and will  produce much hotter and more flavorful pods . 

And last came the Brown Moruga . I have had them before but never one I  grew . This is one of the hottest pepper around .

IMG_5612_zps59bf4e9d.jpg

IMG_5615_zps6657bb91.jpg

Tons of seeds and placenta . Oils dripping from the knife . I closed my eyes and took a small sliver of the placenta. The taste and smell was very earthy and strong . Kinda bitter . I have never had battery acid but I would say this is the closest I will ever come to eating it . Intense mouth and throat burn .I was sweating  profusely  from every nook in cranny of my body . Major adrenaline rush . About 20 minutes and several beers later I was able to get my composure . May not eat one fresh ever again 

And this is one of Matt's ( MGGOLD86) kick ass  peppers . I wanted to show it had a twin that never was able to see the light of day until now 

IMG_5610_zps5b3eb6e5.jpg

I deseeded around 17 varieties last night and my hands and face are still on fire . But now I have some more  super hot ones to grow and torture others with next year :dance:
Have a great Labor day weekend chili people and keep it green :onfire: . 

Nice !!!  You probably have a high tolerance for the peppers heat as you eat them on a regular basis....I would need some tucks for the backside---wouldn't stop me though....lol

If you need volunteers for torture for next year....well I once was in the service and I would volunteer for this dangerous mission...lol

Pics are great....getting a hankering for some of your food pics.  Great job !!!!!!!

Well, that's starting the long weekend with a bang Jamie! :rofl:  It'll be my turn when I sample my first ripe Naga King this weekend. Butch T and Douglah plants are really kickin' 'em out right now too. Got anything planned for the grill this weekend? Keep up the good work brother!

romy6 said:

And last came the Brown Moruga . I have had them before but never one I  grew . This is one of the hottest pepper around .

IMG_5612_zps59bf4e9d.jpg

IMG_5615_zps6657bb91.jpg

Tons of seeds and placenta . Oils dripping from the knife . I closed my eyes and took a small sliver of the placenta. The taste and smell was very earthy and strong . Kinda bitter . I have never had battery acid but I would say this is the closest I will ever come to eating it . Intense mouth and throat burn .I was sweating  profusely  from every nook in cranny of my body . Major adrenaline rush . About 20 minutes and several beers later I was able to get my composure . May not eat one fresh ever again 

Ha!  I love a review that ends with "may not eat one fresh ever again."  Perfect.

It does look mean.

Back