• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

Jamie, your Energizer Bunny grow just keeps on going!  Glad to see your
aerogarden is getting good use.  MIne is shut down until time to start next
year's crop.

What is the trade name for the cumari pollux?  The plant and pods really
look like the c. chacoense Shane sent me this season.  Perhaps the chaco
pods are a tad bit more cylindrical.

I took the BrainStrain down today.  It only set a few pods and had very
few flowers on out this season.  Maybe it's just not a variety that does
well here in the PNW.  I will get some nice seed from the four pods I got
from it, though.

Hope all is well in your neck o' the woods, my friend, and that dogs and
family are in the pink!

Plants still looking good Jamie!  I gotta try to get on here more often, sucks having to play catch up so much.  Nevertheless, you're still rocking it down there in FL!  I didn't even get to get on here an talk some smack before we played you guys!  Was a good game though.

Devv said:
Hey you're still pulling ;)

Things may have slowed, but that massive fall flowering should be on the way. It's not here yet for me though

They have slowed down big time here too . But I don't  mind the break :)

capsidadburn said:
Plenty of interest here Jamie!  Sorry for the absence!

Love those "Big Game" bacon poppers!

Thanks Mike your EOB is a beast . Scroll down to see how perfect she is . 

Essegi said:
Still bigger than my biggest one! :D
Really liking you pods, and poppers too! ;)

Thanks E . Very humbling .

feeltheburrrn said:
Nice Glog! I hope the kids and dog get well soon.  Have a great weekend!

Kids are better and so is Tebow :dance: . Now I am dealing with Ally the puppy who wants to destroy everything :(

PaulG said:
Jamie, your Energizer Bunny grow just keeps on going!  Glad to see your
aerogarden is getting good use.  MIne is shut down until time to start next
year's crop.

What is the trade name for the cumari pollux?  The plant and pods really
look like the c. chacoense Shane sent me this season.  Perhaps the chaco
pods are a tad bit more cylindrical.

I took the BrainStrain down today.  It only set a few pods and had very
few flowers on out this season.  Maybe it's just not a variety that does
well here in the PNW.  I will get some nice seed from the four pods I got
from it, though.

Hope all is well in your neck o' the woods, my friend, and that dogs and
family are in the pink!
 Sorry to hear about the Brain . But the few pods I saw were picture perfect . Should have plenty of seeds to keep the good genes going . 

Well not sure the trade name but it is a wild  Capsicum Praetermissium form Brazil .  Cumari Pollux not to be confused with the yellow variety Cumari Do para . 

outlaw said:
Hope everything's going well brother, thanks again for the pods and powder! Hopefully I'll get some "Gator Salsa" rocking here this weekend! Here is some homemade guac with your Jay's Peach Ghost powder - life changing!! 

That looks excellent . Thanks for sharing .

miguelovic said:

Bwahaaha, random plate bacon = epic.
 Bacon makes the world turn . 

compmodder26 said:
Plants still looking good Jamie!  I gotta try to get on here more often, sucks having to play catch up so much.  Nevertheless, you're still rocking it down there in FL!  I didn't even get to get on here an talk some smack before we played you guys!  Was a good game though.

Thanks B . I am right with ya on the glogs . Never ever enough time and too many good glogs . Stay spicy my friend and Go Wildcats and Gators !

Very little happening at the hacienda . The nonstop rain has bben too much for many of my plants . The ones I can control under my porch are loving it though . 

Mikes EOB Elysium Oxide Bonnet is pumping out pods finally . Love the deep green leaves with the pale green pods .

photo_zps5451139d.jpg

God some sweet pods from Matt (mggold86)  last month and fell in love with the UBSC brown . Had to test the seeds . They all three germinated within a week. Going to try and overwinter them ;)  

photo_zps693633fe.jpg

Had to move the cap1530 outside . Was getting kinds tight in the aero 

photo_zps1886c63c.jpg

Brown Moruga still pumping out pods 

photo_zps39eb3286.jpg

Even got some cotton going . At least I think it is cotton 

photo_zpsc35b57df.jpg

romy6 said:
Well thank you guys . I am feeling a whole lotta love now :)

Thanks J man . I am blessed my man . 

Thanks Miksi . That means alot to me . Blushing now. 

What you lost mu number  :confused:  I will fix that pronto . Wondering where you been  :party:

Thanks Terry . You are the man with the plan . 

I only wish Greg but many thanks and I feel needed again  :dance:

Ha ha Stefan nothing like your pulls but thanks . 

Thank you Trev. I have a feeling you will taste one soon :)

Thank you very humbled and you know how to make a guy smile  :P

Thanks Mike . You have always been by my side  :fireball:

No worries Rick I totally understand . Thank you 

Very nice P , Let me know how they taste . I would bet very tasty :drooling:  . 

Billster I saw that video the other day . Sick I must say . I had some Brains like that a few years ago . Brutal I tell ya  :hell:

Scotty my man . You are amazing. How you find so much time to keep everyone happy. I need to take notes from the master . 

I will try to post some pics soon. Kids are sick , My Tebow ate or gotten bit by something . He swelled up and had hives covering his entire body . The vet said if her didn't way 95 pounds he may not be here today . But he is resting at home now safe . I think he ate a poisonous Caterpillar . Been seeing a bunch of them .  

Fee harvests from the week . Getting small . Couple moths should be more better 

photo_zps5f6bda12.jpg

photo_zps9e005396.jpg

Thanks everyone for stopping bye . 

what are those wicked looking pods on the bottom left?

Looking good Jamie!

Believe it or not, we've been getting rain, not like you. But enough to cancel the liquid nutes I've been adding. So I hit them again today. Maybe it will rain some more?

Anywho the cows have big smiles on their faces, and so do I, I don't have to buy hay :D

Hi Buddy,

Been awhile so I thought I'd drop in and look.  As usual interesting pods, food & pics.  Curious what model is your Aero Garden ?  Seen some on ebay, I thought about checking them out.

The pods look great....wish it was my garden---well a guy can dream...lol

Really Jamie, no new pics since 9/29? We need some new pics and an update up in here! Of course I'm a fine one to be demanding an update :)

That Brown Moruga is a beautiful pod!

Thanks Scotty, Mike and Mikey , and of cousre brother Bill . I have been neglecting my grow for many reasons. One my plants haven't been picture worthy , 2 not enough hours in the day , and third just because  :shh:  . Been fighting a nasty mealy bug infestation and mites per usual . every kind of aphid known to man and any other hazardous bug . But still getting pods and starting many more varieties . Couple pics fro the last month . 

The Lava is still kicking but showing some signs of calcium deficiency . :tear: But tons of pods ripening that are more gnarly than the first few batches

photo_zps7a6960a1.jpg

Aero still pumping out babies at a high rate . Bhutlah red , bhutlah clamshell, Bhut orange copenhagen , UBSC, bhutlah # 2 ( off red pheno ) and waiting on lanceolatum, and Tovarii to pop . 

photo_zps3e6bdf1b.jpg

Cap 691 ( a great tasting wild from pr0digal_son 

photo_zpscdb112a9.jpg

Cap1530, peach raja bhut , and orange blob

photo_zps14142f03.jpg

Yellow Tepin flowering 

photo_zpsd175e89c.jpg

photo_zps97a2a4db.jpg

Interesting non pods on my bubblegum 7 

photo_zps544685eb.jpg

EOB Elysium oxide bonnet from Mike capsdadiburn 

photo_zps03dc626b.jpg

Carry  on and stay spicy my friends 
Cotton Non pepper 

Aerogarden is workin' it for ya, buddy!

Your grow just keeps on developing beautifully.  
No rest for the weary down in Flo, huh!

I hear ya on the 1,2,3 ;)

Aerogarden recruits look great! And that Lava is amazing!

Yeah, this time of year the bugs have had all summer to turn into an army. The few peppers I still have going are not being bothered (after many battles) but I'm ready to pull up the lettuce and broccoli, damn worms are eating more than us.

Keep it green!

Lookin' good Jamie!

You probably have mentioned it somewhere, but do you feel like the aerogarden is worth the price? I have been thinking about getting one for strictly seed starting and young plants, but am tentative on the $150 price tag

wayright said:

That be Cotton broseph  :cool:
You'll be picking it soon

:cool:
Kevin
 You know it baby . Gonna knit me a sweater too :) 

Devv said:
I hear ya on the 1,2,3 ;)

Aerogarden recruits look great! And that Lava is amazing!

Yeah, this time of year the bugs have had all summer to turn into an army. The few peppers I still have going are not being bothered (after many battles) but I'm ready to pull up the lettuce and broccoli, damn worms are eating more than us.

Keep it green!
 I am trying to keep it green Scott but mother nature ain't helping :) 

Pulpiteer said:
I've never seen a cotton plant before. Very cool. Now I'm curious what sort of spicy-cotton dish you'll come up with ;)
 Too funny Andy and nice to hear from ya .How are things at the new casa ? You need anything just give me a holla . Seeds o plenty . 

outlaw said:
Lookin' good Jamie!

You probably have mentioned it somewhere, but do you feel like the aerogarden is worth the price? I have been thinking about getting one for strictly seed starting and young plants, but am tentative on the $150 price tag

Thank you . I really don't think they are worth 150 bucks . I have already had to purchase two sets of lights at 25 bucks a pop and I have not even had it  a year . But I will say I love it . I can get a pepper plant big super fast . Before I started everything outdoors and it would take me a minimum of 6 months to get pods. Now with the aero I can get them in 3 months. I am luck enough to live where I can grow outsude 24/7. So it is just right for me . But for you guys with much shorter growing seasons a couple t5's and some good soil you can get some good results and start many many more at a time . 

So I tried the EOB aka Elysium oxide bonnet the other day  . It is a accidental cross from MIke ( capsdadiburn) . We know the mother is a Douglah and we think a Scotch Bonnet is the daddy

photo_zpsbae1e49f.jpg

photo_zps865748fa.jpg

Had a very strong chinense aroma like a choc hab on steroids . Took a small bite out of the placenta . it was a great tasting pepper . Very sweet and  smooth like a scotch bonnet . Very little heat at first . But about 1 minute later the douglah started to come out in it . Major throat and mouth burn . Good 10 minutes of burn and got my endorphin's going . Great pepper for almost anything spicy .  

And picked a few peppers yesterday 

photo_zps0200c7a1.jpg

photo_zps1ca59893.jpg

Stay spicy my friends . 

Back